Everest missing show effects?

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
As the grand opening approaches, what effects on Everest are still not working?

As of a few weeks ago, the steam from the train, the cold mist going into and out of the mountain, and the Yeti himself were not working.

Are those back up again?

And have they blocked the light coming into the mountain?

OmegaKnight

• Steam effect is being worked on. Should be back soon
  • Don't know the status of the cold air/mist
  • Yeti is working as it should
  • Disney is painting the backside of the mountain to hide it more
  • Less light is visible in backwards sections of ride.

RonAnnArbor

I rode it yesterday and today -- the steam is not on the train. The cold air and mist/fog effect is working. The Yeti is working wonderfully. The inside of the mountain is pretty much pitch black except for the actual ride track openings. The ride is ok - sort of a tamed down version of Big Thunder Mountain. A lot of hoopla about very little if you ask me.

Magicot

Mecha Figment said:
yes but big thunder doesn't give you the feeling of negative G's while going backwards.

Yeah, I noticed that feeling on the backwards part! It almost feels like you're going upside down at one point. How do they achieve those forces?- Is the track tilted a certain way or.....? Anyone?

We rode it a total of three times. Once on March 13th and twice on the 15th.

All three times no steam coming from the train or at the top of everest but we did notice that in the icey part of the track at the top it was colder ... like an air condition was blowing cold air at us so that was working.

Yeti was working great and swooped his arm down at us ... he was much bigger than I expected.

Gary

Epcot82Guy

Sledge said:
Ha. I just now got your user name. Took me long enough.

:lookaroun

ha ha. You clearly do not appreciate water very much, especially from the front side. :lol: Sorry. Perhaps I have just been in de Nile too many times. :lookaroun

teebin

OmegaKnight said:

I noticed that the backside of the mountain has been painted a rusty brown color on the backside yesterday. It even appears they may be using a faux painting technique to make the flat areas have rock-like dimensions. As a result, the flat metal parts of the mountain's backside are barely noticible now, unless you looking really hard.

The backwards part of the ride is totally dark now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Magicot said:
Yeah, I noticed that feeling on the backwards part! It almost feels like you're going upside down at one point. How do they achieve those forces?- Is the track tilted a certain way or.....? Anyone?
You will feel the negative G's at the top of a hill. The way zero G's are simulated by NASA is by having a jet fly parabolic maneuvers (dive down, pull up dive down again) When this jet reaches the top of the parabola you are at near zero G's. The same thing hold true for a roller coaster. A hill is nothing more than a parabolic maneuver. When you reach the top you feel zero G's.

Sledge

Account Suspended
GothMickey said:
I don't get it... :hammer:
It's an old Jungle Cruise joke.

"And now, we're approaching beautiful Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous African explorer, Dr. Albert Falls."

EpcotServo

OmegaKnight said:
  • Steam effect is being worked on. Should be back soon
  • Don't know the status of the cold air/mist
  • Yeti is working as it should
Yea, that just about sums it up. I hardly even noticed the lights in the backwards part the last time I was on. And the Yeti has been working alot more often now. As for the mist, I asked around and heard that it was just too wet. I hear they'll replace it with more of a cold fog. (Again, not confirmed. Just what I've been hearing.) And the back of the mountain looks alot better now. I'm sure EE will be working 100% by the time April 7th rolls around.

GothMickey

Sledge said:
It's an old Jungle Cruise joke.

"And now, we're approaching beautiful Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous African explorer, Dr. Albert Falls."

Ohh LoL.. I didn't get it.. Thanks for clarifing :)

AndyMagic

I was always under the impression that there was going to be simulated snow at the top. I could have sworn I read that in one of the press releases from 2003. Was this an effect that they couldn't get to work properly or did they just decide to spray you with mist instead? Simulated snow would really add an extra wow to the ride.

Merlin

Account Suspended
RonAnnArbor said:
I rode it yesterday and today -- the steam is not on the train. The cold air and mist/fog effect is working. The Yeti is working wonderfully. The inside of the mountain is pretty much pitch black except for the actual ride track openings. The ride is ok - sort of a tamed down version of Big Thunder Mountain. A lot of hoopla about very little if you ask me.

I agree 100%!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Dr Albert Falls said:
As the grand opening approaches, what effects on Everest are still not working?

As of a few weeks ago, the steam from the train, the cold mist going into and out of the mountain, and the Yeti himself were not working.

Are those back up again?

And have they blocked the light coming into the mountain?

:lol: :lol: This kills me! This attraction is, quite simply, just a piece of junk. Not only is it really dull and totally lacking in show quality,...but it's already falling apart!:lol:

Shaman

AndyMagic said:
I was always under the impression that there was going to be simulated snow at the top. I could have sworn I read that in one of the press releases from 2003. Was this an effect that they couldn't get to work properly or did they just decide to spray you with mist instead? Simulated snow would really add an extra wow to the ride.

That would be cool...I remember reading something similar...but don't recall the exact details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom