Everest Encounters Setback

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It seems that Expedition: EVEREST is going to go through a few minor changes in the design process. In the plans for the attraction, the train you ride in gets "lifted up" by the Yeti. Unforuntately, WDI has been running into some problems with the safety of this effect, and now needs to come up with a replacement. This shouldn't take too long to fix, but it is still a problem. Just a little update. :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
as long as its due to safety... the delay is OK in my book.

Better safe than sorry..

raven

Originally posted by Bill
It seems that Expedition: EVEREST is going to go through a few minor changes in the design process. In the plans for the attraction, the train you ride in gets "lifted up" by the Yeti. Unforuntately, WDI has been running into some problems with the safety of this effect, and now needs to come up with a replacement. This shouldn't take too long to fix, but it is still a problem. Just a little update. :)

How in the world do you find out these things? I wish I knew of a sorce to get this information.

Anyways, I guess we can't be too upset. We don't even know all of the details about the attraction yet.

Moustronaut

Oh!!! Thank you SOOO much for the spoiler warning! :mad:

Here I expecting some construction delay due to finances or injury or something.... but didn't need to know a show detail.

*sigh*

raven

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Hmmm could this be the reason for the train switching directions? Does he lift the train and turn you around? ;)

Well, if the AA creature is supposed to be 30' tall, I supposed it would mean he was to pick up the actual train.

This attraction sounds very cool already! Doesn't sound like anything I'd want to bring a little kid on though. They would be scared. :eek:

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Bill

Also, due to budget issues, the Yeti will be replaced with an Ewok and the riders will have to push their own train. :p

the_rich

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Hmmm could this be the reason for the train switching directions? Does he lift the train and turn you around? ;)

i don't think so. i'm guessing that he picks you up and then drops you and then you go backwards trying to get away as he is chasing you. but i could be wrong.

andre85

Yeah seriously guys, please mention that there are spoilers in the subject tag. How would you like it if I gave away a critical plot point in a movie without warning?

Hank Scorpio

I thought I read somewhere they are combining 3D effects with the ride, so it appears the Yeti is lifting you up... when infact the section of track is rising and turning...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by raven
Doesn't sound like anything I'd want to bring a little kid on though. They would be scared. :eek:

Disney's motto nowadays, that is: NO KIDS! They're too noisy... That's why we're getting more and more new shops and attractions with height restrictions.

cookiee_munster

I wonder if the effect involves him picking part of the track up ahead of you above his head or something and then letting you roll backwards down the track and taking a different route into caves etc... or something... just a guess :)

JBSLJames

Originally posted by andre85
Yeah seriously guys, please mention that there are spoilers in the subject tag. How would you like it if I gave away a critical plot point in a movie without warning?

Good Point!

:lol: Spoiler :lol: For those of you who have not seen Return of the King, The King actually returns.:p

No, seriously, that is a good point on listing the reply as a possible spoiler. That way, those who would like to remain 'un-informed' could do so.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Good Point!

:lol: Spoiler :lol: For those of you who have not seen Return of the King, The King actually returns.:p

No, seriously, that is a good point on listing the reply as a possible spoiler. That way, those who would like to remain 'un-informed' could do so.

This is a rumor! No one has been officialy spoiled! :animwink:

Shaman

As long as its for safety its ok....but when things start changing because of cost cutting, well thats a different story....

I'll be ok if the Yeti just pushes the train...I don't need some big elaborate effect (if its done though...it would be nice).....

BTW has there been any indication about the restraints on the train? Will they be lap bars or seat belts, or overhead restraints or perhaps nothing at all?

bhg469

Originally posted by objr
As long as its for safety its ok....but when things start changing because of cost cutting, well thats a different story....

I'll be ok if the Yeti just pushes the train...I don't need some big elaborate effect (if its done though...it would be nice).....

BTW has there been any indication about the restraints on the train? Will they be lap bars or seat belts, or overhead restraints or perhaps nothing at all?

plastic caution tape tied in a knot but that may change

Lee

Adventurer
Lap bars.

And don't worry about the modification of this effect. It's not significant to the overall attraction.

Lee

Adventurer
Oh, I'd love to.....but I'd better not. At least not yet.
Suffice to say that some of the ideas in this thread are on the right sort of path.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom