Ever seen someone famous while at wdw?

Figaro928

When I was a kid my family was on line for IASW and the line completely stopped for about 40 mins or so. Curtains went up so I didn't see them, but was told that it was Princess Diana and her sons. As a teenager I was more annoyed that I waited in line for IASW than I was star-struck. I retrospect it was pretty cool.

billDozer

most of the people ive seen were there for an event like ginnifer goodwin or nph, but i saw some disney channel actors filming a commercial once. i didnt know them, but my sister died. and whenever you go there are internet people (like tpr, or inside the magic) but they dont really count to most people. The best ones I look out for are higher ups in disney. Phil holmes walked right by my gf and i at monstrous summer, and on our last trip we saw a ton of imagineers working on 7 dwarfs

My brother was in a wheelchair when our family went 2 years ago due to a foot injury, and tom cruise and his huge group of people following him ran right into my brother in the wheelchair and didn't even apologize. I've hated him ever since.

aladdin2007

Isabella Rossellini in the Japan pavilion, enjoying the day with her family before narrating the Candelight Processional that night. A couple years ago.

Disnee4Me

I saw Samantha Brown once while she was filming at WDW in Epcot, she was sitting waiting for them to set up the shot, everyone yelled "Samantha" and she smiled and waved.
Whatever happened to Samantha Brown? I miss seeing her on the Travel Channel. Always said in my next life I wanted her job...LOL

zurgandfriend

Whatever happened to Samantha Brown? I miss seeing her on the Travel Channel. Always said in my next life I wanted her job...LOL

I heard she was expecting a baby so she might be taking time off and I saw she has a line of luggage being sold on one of the shopping channels.

Disnee4Me

John Travolta in Be Our Guest eating with his family. He walked by our table twice to use the restroom. We just said hi to him. I was glad he didn't ask to take a picture with me.
Back in '07, when he was filming Dirty Dogs here in Connecticut, he worked out at our local LA Fitness in and I got to watch his buns on the elliptical while he was working out. Several people did go up to him and I even passed him in the hallway. I should have told him that my DH & I saw Stayin' Alive on our first date back in '83 ... LOL. Well my DS had just started working at the juice bar there and JT bought a bottle of water and my DS asked him for his autograph. He was nice enough to not only give him is autograph but asked if he spelled his name (Stephen) with a 'ph' or a 'v'. I thought that was pretty thoughtful.

Disnee4Me

Not Disney, but we stayed at a hotel in New Orleans while a celebrity benefit was going on. We were waiting on the celebrities to come down the red carpet, and we were eating in the hotel. Suddenly my mom pointed out that Mark Ruffalo was siting at a table somewhat near us. I didn't know who he was at the time, but now I would be freaking out.

Once the celebrities came down the red carpet I saw Morgan Freeman, Octavia Spencer, Seal, some Soap Opera stars, and Harrison Ford (but he seemed like a jerk because he was trying to avoid people and pictures).
Saw Mark Ruffalo and Joaquin Pheonix filming one of the final scenes for Reservation Road on my street, literally two tenths of a mile from my house. The neighbors who did meet him said he was very nice.

Disnee4Me

We saw Donald O'Connor the day he put his hand/footprints DHS in front of the theater. Maybe that was in '91 or '92. then a few years later, happened to be there the day Kareem Abdul Jabbar was signing books. He got up to leave after signing my book and I swear I must have only reached his waist (and I'm 5'3") ... LOL

StarWarsGirl

I, um, almost met Corbin Bleu. High School Musical fans and those currently watching Dancing with the Stars will know who that is...I was in line for Space Mountain. I guess I was about 13. I looked at this guy with really poofy hair and thought, "That dude has hair like Corbin Bleu." And sure enough...

I've also seen the Baha Men in front of Rock 'n Roller Coaster. My dad saw Nick Jonas in the pool at the Beach Club. I'm amazed that he even knew who he was and recognized him. He didn't say anything though because it was very early before it got crowded and he didn't think Nick wanted the attention.

I met Michael Buble when he was riding Space..I checked his lap bar.
oh and I was riding right before coming in for my shift and I rode in a rocket next to John Lasseter. I was like 2 behind him but I was loaded onto the ride behind him. Big amounts of security for both.

worldfanatic

IMG_20130908_103311.jpg
Never on a Disney World trip, but I did run into Dog, Beth & Leland Chapman on my Aulani visit in September.
They were staying there for a birthday party.
IMG_20130908_103311.jpg

whitney37354

I stood in the buffet line at Chef Mickey's next to Buddy the Cake Boss in October. I had no clue who he was, but he was talking with another guy about a pastry shop, I could tell where they were from by the accent, & I thought something was up! When I got back to my table, everyone else was freaking out. He sat in the same section as we did & people were coming to his table for pictures & autographs. I just thought it was sad that he couldn't have a family vacation without being bothered. We figured he was there for the F&W Festival.

RobnRachal

We saw Penn Jillette, from "Penn and Teller" at Magic Kingdom a couple years ago. He was having a great time with his family. It was nice to see no one bothering them.

We went the first full week of October '13 and the rest of my family saw Mariah Carey in MK. She was in a shop with her kids trying on Disney Gear/Princess Gear and then walked out towards the Carousel I believe. Her bodyguards were yelling at people not to take pictures but apparently she was very willing to smile and acknowledge the crowd. She didn't travel via the utilidors (not sure anyone does), but walked through the crowd with her protection as a buffer.

hellowonderland

When I worked in Canada, we served Ice-T and he was fine - the woman he was with wasn't wearing what I would call 'clothes' so it was faintly awkward.

We also saw Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner - they acted very, very normal and didn't have an entourage - just them and their kids. I only noticed them because I was a huge Alias fan.

We'd always hear rumblings of whoever was in the park at that time. I remember my husband (then boyfriend) saw Miley Cyrus (he didn't know who she was, someone had to clue him in) and a guy in the UK served George Lucas and didn't recognize him until he looked at his credit card. Barely anyone ever came to Canada though :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom