Ever resort hop just for CS?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi there ho there...

I know many of us will visit different resorts for restaurants or nighttime entertainment, other amenities like boat rentals, etc.

I was wondering if anyone here ever visited a resort specifically because they wanted to hit that resort's food court? Whether they've been to that resort in the past and enjoyed a particular meal or treat, OR they heard about something they always wanted to try (like going to AKL just for the paw-print brownies).

I did twice. Was staying at AKL, but my previous trip (which had been, like 7 years prior, with my then-wife) I had stayed at PO-R, which was still Dixie Landings. The Food Court had a fried chicken meal that was so good, I bought some the day we left as well, to eat it on the way to a 3 night stay at Vero Beach. Best fried chicken I ever ate. So imagine my horrified surprise when I returned only to find they only had the same generic boneless fried chicken strips you find at every other resort food court or buffet.

2nd time was my last trip, stayed at SSR with my then-GF (and popped the ? that trip), and before we left for a brief stay at Hilton Head, we stopped at AKL to pick up brownies. :p

Anyone else?

Nemo14

Actually we took the boat from DTD to POFQ last February so the kids could eat at the food court there. We had a couple of picky eaters with us, so we knew they could get a variety there. :shrug:

GoofyforWDW

I was wondering if anyone here ever visited a resort specifically because they wanted to hit that resort's food court? Whether they've been to that resort in the past and enjoyed a particular meal or treat, OR they heard about something they always wanted to try (like going to AKL just for the paw-print brownies).

Anyone else?

Hey there,

We visited different resorts food courts or counter service resturants most days. We think its nice to try somewhere different and nice to explore different ways of getting to these resorts. One of the best food courts is pepper market at CS, the variety of food is great and so is the quality. But the best thing was the way it all works, instead of a normal food court where you have to grab your meal and dessert and wait to pay while your food is getting cold, at the pepper market you get a card when you walk in and then when you pick your meal you get a stamp on your card then the same for the dessert, at the end of your meal you leave the foodcourt and hand your card and then pay, I think this is an excellent idea and wish all the foodcourts were like this. We also went tried CB, POFQ and SSR.
Not only do you then not get bored with using the services at your resort but you get to explore other resorts for future vacations.

beachclubbasics

We resort hop all the time. Because we usually stay at the Beach Club when we want CS at a resort we go to WL or the Poly....we like to get Capt Cook's food and eat outside in the gardens.

SirNim

Well, regardless of where we're staying we usually hit up POFQ for the beignets, typically on the first or second day of our trip. :D

BSikor

I dont often consider CS locations unless Im looking from something specific. Like for instance a Dole Whip at the Poly without having to go into the park or Ice Cream at Beaches & Cream. I used to go to the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs when it was mostly all Mexican food now that its pretty much all cookie cutter grub, I'm not interested.

JimboJones123

We are planning a special breakfast at Cap'n Cooks for Tonga Toast one day. IF you want the best options for CS go to the Moderates and stay away from Deluxe. Deluxe food courts have the most slimmed down menus. Moderates have the largest assortment of options.

joyDisney

I've 'park hopped' a few years back. It takes a lot of time. From our Resort we had to travel (by Bus to a theme park) then transfer to a hotel. There is not a straight resort to resort hotel stop (at least none that I know of). This took us a total of 3 or 4 hours to 'resort hop' eat and travel back, so prepare to spend few hours away. I would not recommend doing this if you didn't rent a car. If you don't mind the 4 hours - go ahead.

maelstrom

We like to eat at the Caribbean Beach food court. We've also made trips to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary (chocolate cupcakes!), and back-and-forth between French Quarter and Riverside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom