Ever had an accident at WDW?

MickeyCB

One trip I was in a walking boot because while at home I tore tendons in my ankle (for some reason the slightest thing, rocks or edges of payment will cause me to twist my ankle).
Anyway, I did it up good this time and had to wear a boot on our Disney trip.
We were at the MK early for a tour and decided to ride one of the vintage vehicles up MS to the castle and as I started to get off my boot caught on the rubber flooring and I face planted on the floor. I hit so hard I had the lines from the rubber floor embedded in my knee!
But what was most fun was later we realized via a photo of us on the ride, that my head missed the metal gear shift in the front by about 2 inches! (Good thing I'm short)!
I reassured the CM I was fine (she was fussing), as I had paid for the VIP coaster tour that was to start in a few minutes and by George was not going to miss it!
We had a great time, but ended up being a dumb decision because the entire day I was throwing my weight onto my good leg and didn't realize till we got back to our room, that I had developed a 1 inch blister on the ball of my foot. The next day was our Epcot day and I finally broke down and agreed to a wheelchair. Was so embarrassing!

kevhugh

In my 20’s I left a bag with a souvenir in it on top of the car at the end of the evening. I realized it on a ramp out of the parking lot, parked on the side of the road, and was determined to frantically walk all the way back to look for it. I snapped out of that pipe dream when I absentmindedly walked face first into a traffic sign.

danitaytay

When I was younger, my sister was probably 5, we were getting onto Peter Pan's Flight and my sister got a little too eager on the moving track to get on and caught my mom's shoe. She ended up tearing it in half and sent my mom face-planting onto the moving track. They had to emergency stop the ride so she wouldn't get carried away. She was thankfully fine but we still still laugh about it today.

Walt Disney1955

1995 at Epcot we rode the Maelstrom. We were sitting on the boat waiting for it to start. There was this couple ahead of us and for whatever reason the husband stood up and got off to the right. The wife looked perplexed but she followed and then just as she is trying to step off it starts! She slips and her foot goes in between the boat and the dock. No harm done, she was fine and the attendant stopped it right away. But the lady at the audacity to blame the attendant. Apparently she forgot about the "keep your hands and feet in at all times" memo.

awoogala

My son sliced up his foot on something sharp at the contemporary hotel, trying to go down the slide.They were really weird about it, like aggressively asking if we wanted to file a report, again and again, and insisting they couldn't really help unless we made an official report. We just wanted a band aid.
Freaked my kid out more than the bleeding. Ended up just going back to the room where I had band aids.
I understand there are protocols and all, but a band aid shouldn't require that much stress. It felt like the weirdest time to be aggressive, with a kid crying his eyes out.

MickeyLuv'r

A family member once hydroplaned while wearing worn-down sandals. They were okay for dry pavement, but not the big WDW puddles that form during summer rain. We'd just arrived. WDW staff was very nice about helping with bandages.

Another time, a stranger vomited while exiting the Mummy, and it spray up all over my legs. If you know the seating of Mummy, well, I was climbing out of the ride, but I was trapped between the lap bars and the seats. When exiting, there isn't room to fully stand.

Another time, well, not a bad accident, but a woman next to me on the bus...it was a hot day, and the bus was very full. She was sweaty and her legs were covered in rough stubble that kept pricking into my leg, and I was wearing shorts. I tried to move away, but he kept pushing more and more into my space, and rubbing her leg against my bare skin, and I had nowhere else to move. To make matter worse, she left a puddle on the seat when she exited the bus. The puddle wasn't water. Let's just say it was an unpleasant kind of close encounter.

JoQuo711

Not me but I've always been curious how many people have suffered sprained ankles on the tracks in the asphalt at Magic Kingdom

My sister rolled her ankle pretty badly on those one EMH night... ended the night pretty early.

Also on a separate EMH night, Peter Pan's Flight... my mom was in the ride as it was moving toward the end of the boarding area where the restraint bar comes down. She was bending over fixing her shoe and got clocked in the face by the bar coming down, right on the nose. This was maybe 20 years ago. We've noticed since then that the bars have been padded, and there's a cast member "sprinkling pixie dust" on the bars where they come down. We still joke that they padded the bars and added that cast member there because of her (maybe they did...? 😂).

GSP Guy

My sister rolled her ankle pretty badly on those one EMH night... ended the night pretty early.

Also on a separate EMH night, Peter Pan's Flight... my mom was in the ride as it was moving toward the end of the boarding area where the restraint bar comes down. She was bending over fixing her shoe and got clocked in the face by the bar coming down, right on the nose. This was maybe 20 years ago. We've noticed since then that the bars have been padded, and there's a cast member "sprinkling pixie dust" on the bars where they come down. We still joke that they padded the bars and added that cast member there because of her (maybe they did...? 😂).

danyoung56

Lots of slips and falls here. Mine was pretty unique -

A few years ago I was watching IllumiNations in Epcot, the extended version at the holidays where they do a huge finale. The wind was blowing right in our direction. As the finale kicked off, it felt like something bit me hard on the top of my head. I slapped at it, and kept slapping till the pain stopped. The guy next to me was staring at me, and I asked him "Was my head just on fire?" He said yes, that at one point flames were leaping up a couple of feet! I went to First Aid and got a little burn ointment (I just had a little ow-ey, with a lot of singed hair!).

A couple weeks later I was contacted by Disney, and was able to parlay the injury into a settlement of a few hundred bucks - almost worth it!

Weather_Lady

We were at WDW in October 2012, a few weeks before the Little Mermaid attraction in New Fantasyland was set to open. We were heading past the entrance when a cast member beckoned to us and told us they had just opened up the attraction for an unannounced "soft opening," and that if we hurried, we would be among the first to experience it.

We rushed in and started winding our way through the queue, with nobody ahead of us. My daughter, then 4, was so excited, naively assuming that she would be the first person in history to ride this ride, that she broke into a run, and almost immediately tripped and fell on the rough concrete, scraping her knee badly. With tears running down her face and blood running down her leg, she limped to the loading area and insisted on boarding immediately (because, darn it, she was determined to be first). While the rest of the family enjoyed their inaugural ride, I spent half of it field dressing my daughter's knee.

dsmith51

Original Poster
Lots of slips and falls here. Mine was pretty unique -

A few years ago I was watching IllumiNations in Epcot, the extended version at the holidays where they do a huge finale. The wind was blowing right in our direction. As the finale kicked off, it felt like something bit me hard on the top of my head. I slapped at it, and kept slapping till the pain stopped. The guy next to me was staring at me, and I asked him "Was my head just on fire?" He said yes, that at one point flames were leaping up a couple of feet! I went to First Aid and got a little burn ointment (I just had a little ow-ey, with a lot of singed hair!).

A couple weeks later I was contacted by Disney, and was able to parlay the injury into a settlement of a few hundred bucks - almost worth it!

Holy smoke! (No pun intended!)

dsmith51

Original Poster
Just reading over all these responses reminded me of another time I had an "accident" at WDW. I was walking around in one of the shops on Main Street, and was admiring something in a display case when all of a sudden, this lady ran into the back of my ankles with her electric wheelchair. She was literally doing everything to say sorry to me except getting up out of her chair if she could, but I was in so much pain, I wasn't paying much attention and certainly didn't want to interact with her. Later that day back at the hotel I took my shoes and socks off and my socks were bloody in the spot where she hit me. It's not like I didn't appreciate her heartfelt apology, but I feel she should have been watching where she was going.

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
A few years ago my family was at the POFQ, we went to the front desk for information and I noticed a black bug on my wife's arm. I reached over and grabbed it and felt a very sharp pain followed by restricted breathing. It was a small scorpion and come to find out I am allergic to those too! I had an epi pen and was able to use it, Disney paramedics transported me to the hospital

jloucks

The subject is a bit misleading, I'm not talking about a car accident or anything like that. I'll let you in on my story...

On a past trip a few years ago, I had a dinner reservation at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I made my way by bus over to the hotel, and of course, for anyone who has ever eaten at Boma, you know that the restaurant is downstairs from the lobby area.

So I get to the top of the stairs, and on the way down I figure I'd adjust the lens on my camera to take some pictures of the restaurant. Well, on the way down the dimly-lit staircase, I was looking down at my camera, and missed the last step and fell flat on my face. Down I went, the camera went flying (luckily I had the shoulder strap around my neck, but it took a crash on the floor), and all I remember is having people try to lift me up off the floor. I had no idea what happened. I ended up with a big gash on my knee and a scraped elbow. Both were bleeding somewhat but none of the cast members offered to help in any way (not that I was expecting it). But I have to commend those kind and caring people who were waiting for a table, and helping me get up off the floor and asking me if I was all right.

I felt like a complete doofus afterward, and didn't really want to draw attention to myself, but this could have been avoided if I had been watching where I was going!

Anyone else ever had such an event happen?

I had just received new glasses. Missed a curb, did a faceplant. Felt pretty good actually, almost 50 (at the time) and only some scruffing after a pretty bad fall. I was happy with the turnout considering falling at, and after, my age can be a very very bad thing.

zurgandfriend

Many years ago, I sliced my hand on a metal soap dispenser in the Men’s room near Roaring Forks in the Wilderness Lodge. I went to get soap and caught my left hand on a sharp edge. No stitches but it took a long time to heal and I have a nice scar as a souvenir.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom