Ever had an accident at WDW?

Mikey73181

This past September I flew down for a quick 3 day trip for the last IllumiNations and the first Epcot Forever. On my first morning I got up super early (4:30) to go to DHS to do Galaxys Edge. Went out to the bus it was basically pitch black, I had taken a cup of coffee from my room to the bus stop. Finished it pretty quick and went to walk to the trash barrel. Went to step over the chains and the looked a lot lower than they were and my foot caught the chain and I completely wiped out.

I jumped right up and everyone was asking if I was alright and I of course said yes. Got in the bus and in the light I could see the blood from my knee dripping down my leg. Luckily I also had napkins so I cleaned myself up. During all this my foot was killing me, I couldn’t put a lot of pressure on it. I was limping walking.

Got to the park and was going to go to first aid, but my dumb self decided against it and just hobbled my way to Galaxys Edge. Later on in the day when the sun came out I finally took my sock and shoe off and my toe was completely purple. Finally went to first aid. Not much they could do.

In the end after I got it checked out after I got home, it turned out I had broken my big toe.

Darth_Wes

I've had two dumb accidents at WDW. The first was about 3 years ago in the Animal Kingdom Parking Lot. My daughter and I were walking to the vehicle, and like a idiot, I was reviewing some of the pics on my phone from the day's adventure while walking. In other words, not paying attention to where I as stepping. I overlooked a drainage grate, and as a result, I stepped on the edge of the grate where the asphalt meets the housing for said grate...which is not remotely level. I rolled my ankle so bad that I fell. Fortunately, my mind had forgotten my age and weight, so it found some of that youthful agility that I used to enjoy back in the day.

Thanks to those impressive skills, I did a really cool flip/roll type thing which impressed the heck out of my daughter. Those ninja like reflexes saved all but my left ankle from injury....which is nice. Unfortunately, however, my ankle swelled to the size of a cantaloupe. It stayed that way for 2 weeks. I could barely walk, but given the costs of a Disney trip, I wasn't calling it. I wrapped the ankle and toughed it out so we could finish another couple of days in the park. The ankle still isn't quite right 3 years later.

Second accident I had was last August. We were taking a boat from MK back to Ft Wilderness and I missed the "watch your step" verbiage on the underside of the ferry door leading to the front seats of the boat...but I didn't miss the tripping hazard that caused said verbiage to be so assigned. As you can imagine, I once again busted it. This time, however, it was not nearly as graceful. I skinned up my knee nicely.

The boat attendant (Not Sure of actual CM's title) came over and asked if I were hurt. I told him my pride was suffering immensely, but thought I was good otherwise. Out of what seemed like genuine concern, he gave me a piece of paper with his name on and a phone number on it.
He instructed me that if I were to have ANY issues later, that I should call the number, mention his name and the incident, and he assured me that Disney would take care of me. Again, he came across as genuinely concerned for my condition, and even checked on me multiple times before we reached FtW.

I was a little sore the next day, but life was manageable. I do often wonder exactly how Disney would've taken care of me.

Jonathan Dalecki

Had an accident in the kitchen of Restaurantosaurus, when I worked there. A freezer door came off its hinges and smacked me in the area between my upper lip and nose. I still have the scar.

And I threw up like crazy in Communicore West in 1987. If those count.

WDWJeffC37

My wife got bit by a squirrel by the pool at Coronado Springs. A lot of bleeding. The life guards didn't even have a band-aid. I had to go the front desk to get one. They didn't seem overly concerned about the whole thing. Cheers!!!!!

debg32

Yes. A few years ago our family was coming out from Fantasmic! It was crowded and I couldn't see where I was going and I fell over the corner of a short brick wall by the food area across from Tower of Terror. I smashed my video camera and had scrapes on my knees and elbows. I was so embarrassed. Needless to say, I had to buy a new camera there, an expense I did not plan for.

bjlc57

i got hurt on the new mine ride.. I was there, ( if you look there is a post about bigger people riding the ride) the day the ride opened and i couldn't get the bar down.. we come back 18 month later and I finally get in the ride and I tell the cast member about opening day.. and she says .. well ride it again.. and on the second time cramped in the seat is when i hurt my knee.. ( and it still hurts to this day).. so i gutted out a day limping on my bad knee.. and my wife .. goes to guest services and gets me a scooter to use.. Great.. the next day coming out of tough to be a bug.. I hit the same knee.. in the scooter on one of the metal posts in the que.. I hit it so hard that I blacked out for a second.. and the next thing I know people have dropped out of the sky.. cast members were around me and trying to help me and i have no idea where they came from.. and I was okay after a couple of minutes.. but for a moment in time.. i was not there.. it hurt that bad.. that being said I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD DAY AT DISNEY WORLD.. and I stick by this..

Minnesota disney fan

Well, to be fair, the three of us are pretty notoriously clumsy, lol. When I was 15, I was at a convenience store and on the way out my friends and I stopped to talk just outside the door. When we went to leave, I turned around so fast that I almost lost consciousness for a couple of seconds because *concrete column - meet face*. 😂
Well, ImperfectPixie, join the clumsy club! I can't walk across a flat surface without falling! It's really kind of embarrassing. I can stand and start leaning to fall! We should form a clumsy person society, with me as President and you as VP or vice/versa, LOL!

tattykattav

We had went to the virtual game place at Disney Springs aka Downtown Disney. A while ago.

We were on the canoeing ride it was blowing up after we were in.

While inflating it shifted and threw me backwards. Off I go and slammed my head back on concrete floot. No one helped either. My husband helpedme up and I had a goose egg the size of fist on back of head.

I went to first aid. got Ice and Tylenol. Wasn't expecting anything. Its ride at your own risk.

Funny now but horrifying then
But I did get a first in line pass for day at the game place.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
1- My knee got caught in the door as I exited Imagination, and it hurt the rest of the day.
2- Once, a Kilimanjaro vehicle drove a little too spiritedly, and... I flew up a few inches and landed on my plums.

Phonedave

My daughter was 6 at the time. We were walking across the hub in MK and she tripped and went straight down on both knees. I was expecting a bloody mess, but aside from a few superficial scrapes there was no damage. I told her she was lucky that she didn't hurt herself badly.

About 5 hours later we are in the Pin Shop in Frontier Land. We were the only ones in there. The CM asked my daughter how her day was, and my daughter tells her this story. However, she starts going on about how normally her knees would be all cut up, but this is Disney and the magic of Disney "saved" her and this is where magic comes true and now she believes it. She went on and on, so much so that the CM started crying (If I do say so, my daughter was very cute). When my daughter finished the story the CM told her that a story like that deserves a pin, and she could pick out any single pin she wanted for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom