Ever get picked to be onstage?

Legacy

!!

HAHAHA!!! Last night, December 31, 2002, I, Jeff Blackman got selected to be an extra in the last show of the night for the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular!!! I was the guy who had to do the little prancing thing. What made it so great was that I was wearing a shirt and tie while I did this. I would post pics once I get them developed, but I am leaving to go back to boot camp tomorrow. All I know is that that was one of the most thrilling moments of my life, knowing it was the last show of the year.

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by TestTrack
I got picked for the two coolest things in WDW.

1. I rode the HISTK Bumble Bee back in the day

and

2. Soaked in the control room of the ship in the BL tour.

I was with him when he got picked to the do the BL tour. Here's a picture of him

Attachments

• ryanwetdisney.jpg
    ryanwetdisney.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 67

nikimsu2002

My dad also got picked to do the BL tour. He's the one driving the boat and looking through the bonoculars.

Attachments

• dadwetdisney.jpg
    dadwetdisney.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 60

tmm7899

Over the years my family and I have been picked to do various things. One year my mom was picked for 3 different things at MGM. She was with Lucy at Superstar Television, was picked with my sister to do the water thing on the backlot tour. She was also picked to be in the Indy stunt show.

I have been picked to be in the stooges at Superstar TV, I was the guy who had a pie thrown in his face. I have also been picked on the backlot tour.

durhay

I wanted to be a stunt double in Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular but they picked some guy in a really ugly shirt.:lol: I did get to ride with the monorail driver on two separate occasions during the same trip. I got cool pics of going through the Contemporary.

wahooskipper

Not a show per se but my friends and I were picked off the street of MGM to be background characters while they were filming an episode of the New Mickey Mouse Club on the soundstage. They even took a polaroid picture of us on stage.

I need to find that picture b/c it may be worth something. In the picture is a very young Brittany Spears and I believe Christina Aguilera was somewhere there as well. Who knew?

bears163

picked to be on stage

i also was picked to be "Jeff Daniels" riding a bike into a lake in 101 Dalmations on the old walking tour at MGM where they do the blue screen demo. i can't wait to take my children when they are old enough.

GenerationX

Not me, but son #2 was chosen to participate in a balloon routine by a street performer in Epcot-France. I filmed it. At one point, he handed a balloon (that had not been tied off) to my son. It, of course, deflated in his hand. The performer got this mock look of surprise/anger, then looked right into my camera with a "Tsk tsk, did you see what your son just did?" look. My other sons and wife just laughed. At the end of the routine, the guy made a little balloon circle and put it on my son's nose.

Despite all of the attractions, pools, and character meals we experienced, this was everyone's highlight of the trip. Except for maybe son #1, who is fanatical about Space Mountain.

Tower of Terror

i got to be on the who wants to be a millionaire play it.. i just keyed in random things, and my number ended up being 1st place,i was so scared it felt like an eternity to walk down those steps, i was so nervous the whole time.. i messed up at the 1000 point question, but i got a pin that says i was on it..heres a pick you can barely see me in it tho...

Attachments

• me on million.jpg
    me on million.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 54

wyattkelly

Times I was involved in The audience Participation...

I was sound effects and the voice of Martin Short in the MOnster sound Show (I was consistently late)

I got to die on stage at the Indy Stunt Spectacular, Yay!

I got dunked in water at the Backstage tour as the woeful ship captain. My shoes were soggy the rest of the day.

And I spent an evening singing They Might Be Giants songs at the Adventurer's club.

Pippa

In 1998 my fiance and i got to be extras at the indiana jones show, in 2001 we were picked for earthquake at universal studios and we're always picked on at the adventurers club but only cos we know where to sit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom