Ever get picked to be onstage?

RandeB

Not Me, but...

My lovely wife can scream like, well, a banshee and was picked to scream at Indy Jones. I think she could be picked every single time for that if she so desired. She always says she wants to go to the show again as that was her only time and she hasn't seen the whole show from the audience.

My daughter last year at age 8 was standing at the MK gate when the park was opening exactly at 9. (They had discontinued early entry and even the practice of opening around 830 at that time). Many people were there already, but we got to a turnstile that had no one had yet realized you could stand behind (lemming effect). She asked if they had anyone to open the park yet. CM said, No, so it's you. Very sweet!

wahooskipper

During the original run of the TV show at MGM (I can't think of the name but they had the Cheers set, Gilligan's Island, etc) I was picked to play a character on a soap opera. I am pretty sure my name was Don and I stormed in to my house to catch my wife cheating on me.

As I recall I had a few lines but I remember thinking it would have been more fun to watch than to participate. It was kind of interesting seeing what went on backstage there.

ok heres my lil *fame* report.
I got first place in the hula hoop contest right before the toy story parade.
I was in 2 parades with my guard group,Starlight Express.
I was princess for the day:D I pulled the sword from the stone.
And one time when i was like 5 since there wasnt a lot of people on board the monorail so they let me say stuff over the speakers :lookaroun :D
o ya at the lion king parade this dad and his kid where next to us and he gave me a pass that he had for him to go on a float and bang on all these drums and stuff,that was cool

WDWsmith2001

Yup' I was picked twice in one day at MGM, once for the sound effects thing, (Sounds Dangerous?) I was the footsteps guy, and later in the afternoon with my then Girlfriend for the torpedoes scene in the special effects show. I was in the conning tower she was in the control house. (a tugboat as I recall) Anyhoo the nexttime I was picked was for the African dance contest in Epcot. I love being picked its like you have your own personal experience at WDW, money can't but those memories. Dang! now I'm all worked up to go again.

LivinLarge

This is a tad off topic, but when I worked in Share A Dream Come True Parade, I picked a little kid off the street, and the kid tripped and fell :hammer: . Luckly no one notices :zipit: The End

tweetypez1

My wife was in Indiana Jones last year. Also last year, I was pulled up on stage at the Adventurer's Club, where I did a rather embarrassing dance (helped with our good friend alcohol). But nothing tops our last trip in Nov. - got in the hot seat at Millionaire on Super Soap Weekend and it was hosted by Merideth Vieira! My wife and I got our picture taken with here after the show. ( Also got helped by two stars from One life to live...sadly I didn't know who they were because I don't watch soaps! But it was so fun and there were a lot of jealous fans. )
One minor "stage" event...later that week my wife was the "complete stranger" for Millionaire - chosen while resting on a park bench.

Maria

Originally posted by imagineergurl
I got first place in the hula hoop contest right before the toy story parade.

One night, my bf and I were in MK, when we passed by one of the stages I think in Tomorrowland and there were kids doing the hula hoop.... Well... me, being 28 at the time, grabbed one and beat them all! It had been a very loooong while since I did it for the last time, so I was surprised to see that I could still do it!. My bf had a hard time making me stop and continue with the rides, I was fascinated!... hehehe :D :animwink:

DisneyPhD

I was picked to be "Jeff Daniels" riding a bike into a lake in 101 Dalmations on the old walking tour at MGM where they do the blue screen demo. I assume they picked me because we had just missed getting into the previous tour and had to wait around for the next one.
My wife and I were picked to interact with the Epbots too.

TestTrack

I got picked for the two coolest things in WDW.

1. I rode the HISTK Bumble Bee back in the day

and

2. Soaked in the control room of the ship in the BL tour.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I never get picked for anything!!! Im the sort of guy that even the people who are giving away free samples will turn their backs on.

Maria

Originally posted by happy snapper
I never get picked for anything!!! Im the sort of guy that even the people who are giving away free samples will turn their backs on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aaawwwee :animwink:

Originally posted by happy snapper
awww:cry: well next time some people give me a pamphlet to change religions or some save the universe flyer,ill send it to u :D

My DS get picked for things alot. The oldest one is very forward but not obnoxious, likes to beg and says pleease alot. He enjoyed being in the Flights of Wonder show at the Animal Kingdom and he likes assisting the CM's at Ohana, like singing and helping the the kids games etc. He is a childrens party host any way. The little one was in the Remember the Magic parade a few times, usually with the Lion King Float. The oldest one whispered to me once, do you think they would let me steer the boat, this was the launch back to the Polynesian. The captain heard him and let him, under his supervision of course. He was thrilled. My Dh got to be the Phone a Stranger for Millionaire. We just asked, but no one used us. They said we would get a pin if someone called. He also sat next to the cast of doug live in the front row, so even though he did not get on stage he was thrilled again. Who knows what will happen the next time we go. I am sure it will be something magical. I know its not Disney, but he also got picked to be the slime kid at nick studios and loved that too. Lots of begging and pleading and pleases there.

balexan28

Ok here is my list of my family being picked.
Husband did the torpedo attack with our nephew in MGM backstage tour.
Oldest daughter and another nephew got picked for flying on the giant bee against the blue screen.
Husband was Tim Allens partner nailing the wall up in the backstage tour.
Two youngest daughters picked to do a part with other kids at the Lion King show in AK.
Oldest daughter did the hula hoop contest before the Toy Story parade at MGM.
I think that is it. We've not been picked for anything in the last few trips.
Bonnie

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Here's a shot of me as the Bass player for the Beets in the Doug Live show:

Attachments

• beets.jpg
    beets.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 112

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom