Ever cheat a little on age???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudwrapper

Ok, so my daughter turns three in November. We are going to WDW in early January. I am telling WDW that she is still 2, which will save me about $300-$400. Should I feel bad about this, and is there any way they'll find out???

am i.....evil??? :drevil:

Marge10369

I could never get away with it..........I have a really guilty looking face. I do think the cost for a three year old is way out of line. Look at it this way..most women lie about their age anyway!:D

Upvote 0

fudwrapper

Original Poster
Kronos said:
Oh, yes. In fact, I heard a story about a full-grown man who tried to get into the park with a child's ticket, and actually tried to argue with the CM that he was nine years old ("No, I don't have any ID. I'm nine."). And no, it didn't work.

The worst that will likely happen is that the CM at the gate will deny her entry, and you'll have to purchase a ticket for her while getting disapproving glares from the other guests who actually obey the park's rules and policies.

Here's a post from another message board I read occasionally:

Last year Universal got a talking Donkey who does a meet and greet next to Shrek and Fiona. He is a talking puppet, who is very funny and usually draws a small crowd. Sometimes we Shrek attendants can hear Donkey through the wall, and will poke our heads out to see what Donkey is saying. Today we saw this:

Donkey: So how old are you princess?

Girl: I'm three

[Donkey notices that the girl's mom is holding up TWO fingers, not three]

Donkey: I see your mom over there is saying two. So what is it? Two or three?

Girl: Well, I'm three, but Mommy said that I was two to the man.

Donkey: Mama lied to get you into the park for free!!! Mama, you owe me money! You owe me money!

well that's just hilarious! i mean, really, if that happened to me I would be laughing so hard i wouldn't even care about paying the extra money! and i can understand a full grown person trying pass as a nine year old getting caught, but has anyone, bending the rules EVER so slightly (for over less than 2 months) ever gotten caught??

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

I have to admit I did this. My son turned 3 in July and we went in Sept. No one even questioned me all. I did pay for all his meals and airfair the only thing I didn't pay for was his park ticket. To my defense I was laid off from my job about 2 wks before our vaction, without any prior knowledge. So saving a couple hundred $$ was worth it. And No I wasn't going to cancel my vacation, try telling a kid they can't go to Disney.

Upvote 0

lax3358

Hello! I have been lurking on the boards for some time now but never signed up to respond, however, this time I feel compelled to post a response.

Just becasue no one asks you if you are lying doesn't make it right. A lie is a lie. A child turning three in Novemebr and traveling in January is stretching it. If your child's birthday was in December maybe it could be more understandable but still wrong. I personally would not do it.

Little white lies are what have helped keep the cost of everything up. For example insurance (car, home, etc.). Some people think it is all right to "juice" insurance claims. Maybe submit a higher estimate, falisfy a receipt, etc. Because of this insurance rates continue to sky rocket and will not come down. How about worker's comp claims? Nothing like someone faking a back injury to miss work so they can play in a softball game. Fraud in every form costs the honest consumer more money.

Lying to Disney and saving you $300-$400 may help you out now but in the long run it will affect how Disney does business in the future. Yeah I know, it's the just "me" attitude but you and thousands of other people have this same attitude. Just think if a hundred people did that every week...that's $40,000 per week Disney loses and you know Disney will have to make that up some how.

Also, Disney is a theme park. You are not paying for how many rides you are going to ride or are able to ride. You are paying for the rides AND the flowers, costumes, fireworks, characters, parades, etc. To gaugae your ticket value on how many rides you ride is not fare.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Upvote 0

Mr. WDB

Scar Junior said:
Wow... people need to lighten up. I doubt any cast member would even care if they found out, unless they are a manager. They know Disney is expensive. By all means, yes... do it. My family did. Am I going to hell? Maybe, but not for that!!!

BTW, why would a castmember go as far as asking for a birth certificate? That's just rediculous.

You hit the nail right on the head! They are NOT going to ask the child her age. They're going to assume you paid and that's why you're there and that's that. A lot of you people need to be realistic and put things in perspective, for crying out loud. A 3-year old is not going to look much different from a 2-year old, so I don't see how this is an issue.:brick:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
What can I say, I'm a teacher, I like rules and I follow them. If this is something that people do I really think that it should be kept to themselves. I don't want WDWMagic to be a place where people come to find ways to cheat the system.

:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom