Ever cheat a little on age???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudwrapper

Ok, so my daughter turns three in November. We are going to WDW in early January. I am telling WDW that she is still 2, which will save me about $300-$400. Should I feel bad about this, and is there any way they'll find out???

am i.....evil??? :drevil:

DDuck1974

Just don't do it. It's fraud, it's morally wrong, and you are sending the wrong message to your daughter, 3 or not. Kids are very perceptive.

And don't forget that you are a guest at WDW, and they have the right to refuse admission or revoke your tickets for something like this if you were caught.

Upvote 0

autumndawn1006

I hope the cast members don't go strictly by what the child says. My 2 year old is in the three year old class at her day care and is convinced she is 3. Nothing I can say will convince her she's not 3.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

MicheleK

unkadug said:
party0052.gif

Love that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

BruceWayne

unkadug said:
C.M. :"You are so cute. How old are you?"

Little girl :holds up three fingers "Free"

Mother :"I told you to tell them you were two!!"

Is it really worth it teaching a child to be dishonest? :veryconfu

I think that's the real issue here. How will you explain to your child why you are telling everyone she is 2?

Upvote 0

fudwrapper

Original Poster
wow! what have i started! thanks to everyone for the input, i appreciate it!

first of all, my daughter is very shy, and will hardly say 2 words to anyone that approaches her, so i'm not worried at all about her telling a CM.

secondly, is she really going to be asked all that much? i mean, sure if people are running up to her all day long asking her, by the 3rd or 4th day she might start to say something, but i just don't see that happening.

finally, i really didn't expect the majority of people on here to say "don't do it". i mean, we're talking about a few weeks difference here! i know, rules are rules, but WDW is getting ALOT of my money for this vacation. don't they kinda expect people to "bend" this rule a tad from time to time???

has anyone EVER gotten caught doing this???

Upvote 0

kennygman

fudwrapper said:
Ok, so my daughter turns three in November. We are going to WDW in early January. I am telling WDW that she is still 2, which will save me about $300-$400. Should I feel bad about this, and is there any way they'll find out???

am i.....evil??? :drevil:

I didn't realize that integrity could be purchased for $300-400. It's dishonest and teaches your child that it is okay to cheat on a test or lie to a boss one day. Do you like it when someone tells you a "little white lie?" We rearranged our vacation plans just to make sure our daughter isn't 3 by then. Next year, we'll pay more and change to moderate resort as well with a family of 5. When your child comes to you at 15 telling you lies, don't blame the kid.

Upvote 0

rjamerson

Surely you knew what response you would get.....

Burning in hell for eternity or being honest and paying $300-$400? Tough choice.

:fork:

Upvote 0

Slowjack

Not entirely the same thing...

...but when I went with my then-girlfriend (now my wife) and two friends (now a married couple), I put the friends down as our children to avoid the surchage for additional adults. It was awkward because I had to tell the "kids" to stay in the car with "mom" while I checked in, and the cast member asked me if I wanted my "kids" to have room charging privileges (which I certainly did not!). At the time I was just a college kid looking to save some dough, but I still felt bad about it, and I wouldn't do it again.

On a side note, I think Disney should base ticket categories on height, since that determines how many rides you can ride and it's not self-reported like age is.

Upvote 0

mom2of2

with all the free dining going on I have indeed seen guests being asked for proof of age.....this just happened Monday at MK.
Why risk having to buy a ticket at the gate (that you didn't budget for) vs budgeting and buying one beforehand.
At some point WDW is going to start charging for all ages.
Bottom line is abuse the system and we all lose

Upvote 0

Raven66

rjamerson said:
Burning in hell for eternity or being honest and paying $300-$400? Tough choice.

I really don't see the OP burning in hell for eternity.:eek:

You have to do what you feel is right. Now I would love to save 3-4 hundred but I would feel so guilty. We have to start paying full price for my DD next trip because she will be 10. I asked her if she would stay 9 for a while longer, but she just refuses.:lol:

And someone mentioned getting on the plane with a child. We were questioned about her and they asked her how old she was and if we were her parents. So they take that stuff pretty seriously. When we go on trips I take a copy of her birth cert. and her SS card.

Whatever you do, have fun!!

Upvote 0

kennygman

Slowjack said:
On a side note, I think Disney should base ticket categories on height, since that determines how many rides you can ride and it's not self-reported like age is.

I do agree that height would be a much less arbitrary rule, but they would have to measure each child at check-in.

Upvote 0

bgula

I agree that it's a judgement call. In our case, we go to Disney twice a year and therefore have APs. When my son turned 3, he was nowhere near tall enough to get on what I would call the "graduation" rides, which are 40 inches. He's small for his age. What changed for him from age 2 to 3 - nothing. We didn't believe it justified spending $400 on an AP ($500 CDN at the time) when he couldn't go on any more rides than when he was 2. Both my DW and I agreed that when he was able to meet the 40 inch height requirement, that would be the time to start paying for tickets. This past Christmas was the first time we bought tickets for him (he was 4), and he was so happy that he could finally go on the "big" rides.

We were only asked once about his age. Said he was 2 and that was that. CMs, as far as I know, will not question what you say unless you're trying to "really" push it on age.

Upvote 0

lnsemsf

Personally, I say go ahead. Of course as I've argued before "right" and "wrong" are moral judgements that each person must make. Personally, I have no moral issues against cheating at all, when the alternative is spending hundreds of dollars. You wouldnt believe the crap I get away with, saved myself and my family thousands of dollars over the years. Now you're all going to cry me a river and say how i'm repugnant, well you know I don't care because everybody wins. I've bought many out of state family the florida resident multi park 1 day passes. Now how does Disney win? Well see, Disney got money they were not going to get if I didn't cheat. Nobody in my family was going to pay $105 for that, but $60ish, now that was doable. Disney earned themselves hundreds of dollars they wouldn't get if I didn't cheat. Everybody wins, and don't even think you can argue against that point because see, all of something is much much better, than none of everything! Personally of course I feel great about myself every time I cheat a little, because you know what, I'm the most, and really only important person in my world, so If I save myself money, I've impressed myself, and i'm very very pleased. Cheat as long as you can, just be careful with it, don't let it go to your head and know that when your kids turn 4 or so, it's probably best to start paying. Also, you should completely disregard everything you've read in this message, and all other messages, because nobody has the right to tell you what is or is not right except for yourself, and if you've got a strong enough personality then you dont need random obsessed disney fans on some online message board (again, myself included) to make your decisions for you.

Upvote 0

lnsemsf

rjamerson said:

Or... You can simply think that God (assuming you even believe) has better things to do that worry if you paid the Walt Disney Company $400. My God surely has different priorities, your god offends me!

Upvote 0

autumndawn1006

High Alert!

All Cast Members Be On A Lookout For This Family In January:

Father-large Candy Bar And Tone Loc Impersonator
Daughter (believed To Be A Hersheys Kiss)

Please Check Their Wrappings For Expiration Dates And Dates Of Manufacture

That Is All

Upvote 0

BaTWING_2000

I remember....

I remember when I was around that age that my mom did that with me... she picked me up to make me look younger... I think it worked.. I can't remember that part... I'm 22 now and I still remember that moment at the ticket booth... But... it doesn't screw you up for life though:hammer:

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Slowjack said:
...but when I went with my then-girlfriend (now my wife) and two friends (now a married couple), I put the friends down as our children to avoid the surchage for additional adults. It was awkward because I had to tell the "kids" to stay in the car with "mom" while I checked in, and the cast member asked me if I wanted my "kids" to have room charging privileges (which I certainly did not!). At the time I was just a college kid looking to save some dough, but I still felt bad about it, and I wouldn't do it again.

Haha, I was just about to mention that sort of thing. I do think extra-persons charges for rooms are totally arbitrary. Exceeding a room's limit is one thing, but charging $35 a night for an extra person? That's crap.

If anything, figure the number of times i've stayed alone over night for work and they owe some friends :)

Upvote 0

fudwrapper

Original Poster
autumndawn1006 said:
All Cast Members Be On A Lookout For This Family In January:

Father-large Candy Bar And Tone Loc Impersonator
Daughter (believed To Be A Hersheys Kiss)

Please Check Their Wrappings For Expiration Dates And Dates Of Manufacture

That Is All

:lol: LOL! thanks for injecting a little humor! just so the CM's know, I may or may not be traveling with the Peach Boys. be on the lookout for us all!

Upvote 0

fudwrapper

Original Poster
bgula said:
I agree that it's a judgement call. In our case, we go to Disney twice a year and therefore have APs. When my son turned 3, he was nowhere near tall enough to get on what I would call the "graduation" rides, which are 40 inches. He's small for his age. What changed for him from age 2 to 3 - nothing. We didn't believe it justified spending $400 on an AP ($500 CDN at the time) when he couldn't go on any more rides than when he was 2. Both my DW and I agreed that when he was able to meet the 40 inch height requirement, that would be the time to start paying for tickets. This past Christmas was the first time we bought tickets for him (he was 4), and he was so happy that he could finally go on the "big" rides.

We were only asked once about his age. Said he was 2 and that was that. CMs, as far as I know, will not question what you say unless you're trying to "really" push it on age.

this is the logic i was kinda going with. i mean, a majority of the rides she will not go on, or won't be able to go on. i'm not trying to be a big "cheat", i'm really an honest kind of person. but it just seems that, since i get to WDW about once every 3 years, this ONE time won't be that big of a deal. of course, the next time, i'll buy her TWO tickets to make up for this one. :lol:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom