Ever Been Stuck On A Ride?

NowInc

I could write a book about this...in fact I think a more appropriate question would be "Have you ever NOT been stuck on a ride?"

But..heres a pretty quick rundown of my unfortunate break downs::

In no particular order -

ToT ....stuck in the dark right before the drop for about 10 minutes...

SPE - Ha..every time...worst was when i got stuck facing backwards in the "Decent back to earth"...very uncomfy...

HM - Yet another every timer....most annoying place to be broken down is right in front of the bride...that damn beating heart will drive u nuts after 10 minutes...I was there for 20...

COP - Yep..I too have gotten stuck in the same scene multiple times...listening to that song over and over...needless to say i usually avoid COP now a days...

People mover - One of the most annoying...Got stuck for 10 minutes right underneat a speaker that would repease "As you can see, the ..blah blah etc etc...another fine transportation service brought to you by the Tommorowland Transit Authority"...over and over...with only about 3 seconds between each time....

Splash mountain - 3 times iin a row i got stuck in front of the waterfall at the end...and I always seem to get stuck sitting on the right side so i get very VERY wet...

Space Mountain - Once...which is one time too many...I got stuck on this....its the most scary experience when you are riding...it stops...and the lights turn on...

Buzz - Most people would think this would be a cool ride to get stuck on...you could rack up the points....WRONG!! The guns are disabled when it stops....

Test Track - Got stuck outdoors...on a banked turn...really hurt my neck...

Monorail - Once was stuck at about 1pm for about 15 minutes...and for some reason crying babies seem to follow me wherever i go...so this wasnt a very fun time for me...

Pirates - Kinda cool to get stuck on this one...lots of stuff for you to look at and the song doesnt get on your nerves...and you usually get "stuck" towards the end...

Its a small world - Need you even ASK why this one is horrible to get stuck on?

Peter pan - Stuck right above those little indians....

Keep in mind I didnt include rides that are no longer open...I could easily go on and on..but I shall save those for another post :)

Holiday

At Disney I got stuck on Splash Mountain for about 5-10 minutes...not on a hill or anything, so it was no biggie.

At Univesal I got stuck for about 15 minutes at Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. It was not pleasant because we were in the first car (I was in front) of the flume right before one of the drops, and all of the other flumes were piling up behind ours. I thought I'd go insane with the animatronics repeating the same words. You'd think they would have shut that off. To top it off, when we hit the final drop my sister banged her nose off the back of my neck. I thought we were both injured! We didn't ride again.

Originally posted by NowInc

Buzz - Most people would think this would be a cool ride to get stuck on...you could rack up the points....WRONG!! The guns are disabled when it stops....

I was stuck on Buzz for about 20 minutes. I did rack up many points. Then they completely reset the ride and I got to rack the points up AGAIN until we got moving. Since I was the only person in the car, I got many points on both guns when I was done.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by NowInc

SPE - Ha..every time...worst was when i got stuck facing backwards in the "Decent back to earth"...very uncomfy...

That has happened to me several times. In fact, I think that is the only spot I ever get stuck on. I think those seats are the most uncomfortable seats in the world (the damn headrest stops half-way up your head!). I think next time I'll bring a pillow.:)

Lee L

My wife an I got stuck on ToT just before the cage got pushed onto the ride system. We sat for 10 minutes in the dark, eventually a CM came and they turned on the lights, he verified that everything was OK after anither 10 minutes (the ride system had not come up for the cage to latch onto and the safety shut the ride down). We then got the whole ride with the lights on the whole time. It was really cool to see the concrete wall fly by right in front of us and to get to see the large storage area at the bottom with all the other cages sitting down there.

Was also cooling it on the people mover when we went through Space Mountain, the ride was stopped and all the lights were on. It was still too dark for good pictures though.

Had to evacuate Splash Mountain when we were in sight of the loading platform, that is a long wal back throught the ride queue with hundreds of PO'ed people. We also got stuck onece on the ride right beside one of the waterfalls for 15 minutes, we looked like we had gotten off Kali River Rapids.

Been stuck on Buzz Lightyear a few times. Probably a loading issue I guess but it sure helps to run up that score when the ride isn't moving. :)

MrPromey

A lot of people mention the waterfall area at Splash Mountain. This is just a few boats length before a holding point that is often used when boats begin to pile up at the loading unloading area. You can usually blame the slow people getting in and out for the free shower. A lot of these other attractions that people are mentioning aren't really breakdowns either. Usually when it's a stop for 10 minutes or less on a ride where the vehicles are in a chain and don't normally stop for boarding (ie Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, ect.) it's usually for disabled or unusually slow guests boarding and unboarding. That's why you don't see any new ride systems in any of the Disney parks that are designed this way (in the case of Buzz Lightyear it was the old system used)

The Mom

Premium Member
I reviewed the posts, and most of them refered to delays of 10 mins or more, with at least 2 people stuck for an hour or more! Others had to walk off of the ride. I don't think these were caused by handicapped or slow loading/unloading passengers!

Disney_Freak:oþ

I REALLY got stuck on a ride when I went to Disney World. I was on Splash Mountain and like,right before the big drop,someone
got scared,seen and 'exit' sign and jumped out of their log.
The people that work there were like,"It's ok.Someone got scared and jumped out of their boat.We will start back in a few minutes." It was actually pretty boring,except from the view. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom