Ever Been Stuck On A Ride?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
I have had my fair share of breakdowns. I 've been stuck on ToT,Spaceship Earth, Haunted Manison, and the funniest was COP they played that song over and over again Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow and we where stuck listening to it about 20 to 30 times on one scene. lol

at universal we got stuck on bluto barge, and the hulk. that was real bad. it shot us up to the nd of the tunnel and it just died right there. we were in the 2nd row and needless to say we had to walk down. :)

astewart

In May 2000, we got stuck and evacuated off of splash mountain. They left us sitting in the ride for about 45 mins before they finally decided that they should get us all off the ride. It was really neat to walk down from the top and out the back of the building.

Tramp

We were the only people on the monorail one night and it got stuck between the TTC and Polynesian....1 hour and 15 minutes in the early morning hours is not my idea of a fun time at WDW.

sillyspook13

I've been stuck on many rides. The funniest was when I was stuck on Test Track a few weeks ago. Nature was calling, and to make it worse, I had my backpack in my lap with the seatbelt pressing it into my stomach. Somebody else in the car said "There are plenty of trees around here!" (I was stuck in the road handling test surrounded by lots of wooden tree cutouts) All of a sudden, without any warning, the car took off. I think it was better than RnRC!!!:cool:

WDW-Imagineer

I think I get stuck on Spaceship Earth everytime - darn handicap-unfriendly omnimover system!! I've been stuck on POC, Space Mountain... and thats all I can remember right now.

The Mom

Premium Member
I must be very lucky! Except for the usual delays for loading/unloading slower moving people, I've never been stuck on a ride. How would they move someone handicapped from the top of SE, for instance? I assume they have a plan.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn
I must be very lucky! Except for the usual delays for loading/unloading slower moving people, I've never been stuck on a ride. How would they move someone handicapped from the top of SE, for instance? I assume they have a plan.

I'm sure they just wait till the rides gets moving again.

My father and I were stuck on ToT at the spot right after the drops and just before you unload. We had to wait about 15 minutes. Obviously none of us were too frightened as we all took the real elevator back to the loading area and rode the ride again.

Afterall, it didn't break during the drop just the unloading.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by EnSkywalker
My father and I were stuck on ToT at the spot right after the drops and just before you unload. We had to wait about 15 minutes. Obviously none of us were too frightened as we all took the real elevator back to the loading area and rode the ride again.

Afterall, it didn't break during the drop just the unloading.

I do know that ToT has fell mid way down to the basement, thankfully the safty system worked and no one was seriously injured.

Ariel

Like Marcia, I have only gotten stuck for the periodic loading and unloading of passengers. However, the one time we did get stuck was on Test Track when it first opened and unfortunately we got stuck outside in the pouring rain!

MrPromey

I think I've been stuck on all of then one time or other over the years weather it be for handicapped loading and unloading of for more serious problems. The only ones that come to mind that I can think of this not happening on are the Dumbo style rides,Body Wars and the backstage tours at MGM (no flat tires). Star Tours which is basically the same thing as Body Wars has reset while I was on it. The "protective screen" shot back down and everything came to an abrupt stop...

Grim Grinner

Stuck...

I have been stuck on many rides, although I normally don't care. It often lends me time to relax and take in the sights. However, here are a few rides that I've been forced to endure longer than I really should have.

1. The mexican pavilian ride in Epcot, while getting stuck once at the Aztec temple part isn't bad, being stuck in the festival sequence is absolutely maddening.
2. Small World: I was trapped in front of the Indra goddess scene. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
3. Spaceship Earth: This seems to trap me everytime in one of the dark sections of the ride. I end up hearing the smooching/groping of the over***ed car behind me.
4. While not actually in the park, one of the shuttles that take you to the 'World from the airport broke down and another one had to pick us up. Talk about torture. Here we were.... so close, yet so far.

buffy27uk

i got stuck on spaceship earth, we waited for about 10 mins before it started again. i decided to go on it again later that evening but it broke down again this time waiting 15 mins :(
i also got stuck on countdown to extinction just as the dinosaur pops his head out at you at the end.

jay_london

YES 3 times on jiyi the ride is ssooooooo lame its crap I hate it and hated even more when we had to sit there with all the bloody lights on whilst some idiot kicked the **** out of a limit switch, mind you it seemed to do the trick.

M

Mr Lightbeer

I (Mrs Lightbeer) and our eldest son (he was about 7at the time) got stuck on Space Mountain we were stuck for about 30 minutes and we had to climb down when they put the lights on, doesn't look quite the same then, they gave us a front of line pass and the little guy was that scared that he went straight back on:D

The same trip we got stuck in the Haunted Mansion for about ten minutes are little two who were about 3 and 4 were absolutely terrifed and wanted to get out and walk!. Lightbeer managed to persuade them otherwise and they soon cheered up when they saw the friendly hitch hikers.

We've been stuck on spaceship earth that many times that I've began to think that it is part of the ride :D

scan_man

I was stuck on one of the Disney Busses for about 1 or 2 hours, one time while President Clinton was moved around the Disney Property. Nothing Person about that, but Security, and Secret Services don't need to shut down all the roads down in the Park just to move him around so that he isn't killed if he is in his Limo.
But the Driver was cool. he was up and trying to help everyone pass the time, because he wasn't even expecting this either.
Even the Employee's going to work that day were late because of him.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by jay_london
YES 3 times on jiyi the ride is ssooooooo lame its crap I hate it

It's not that good!

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 172

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom