Ethics / Loopholes

Nick Pappagiorgio

Haven't they cracked down on that by not allowing FP transfers, and only allowing FPs to be used on a "ticket" that was used to enter the park?
If you change party it over to someone that did enter the park with a valid ticket that was that is a non issues. Fastpass transfers don't work on the app, but they have not removed the feature from the mobile website yet. Seems likely that it will happen at some point but not yet.

Nick Pappagiorgio

The change party feature with Fastpass is no longer a thing. While talking to a guest relations CM that was one of the more recent changes made to the system. Probably for that reason you just mentioned.
It's no longer a thing on the current version of the app. But if you pull up your fastpasses on the mobile website it is still an option. I doubt that it will last but it is there as of today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180722-133603.png
    Screenshot_20180722-133603.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 57

Driver

We just returned last night from our trip. It was the first time that my mom was in a scooter due to needing dual knee replacements. We sometimes waited for multiple buses which we certainly understood. We also only sent one family member with my mom because we didn't want to be "those people." Sometimes we took separate buses and that's okay because we are all going to the same place. I personally think that six is too many unless there are children who can't be separated from family. It's not fair to people who have been waiting or actually need to sit down on the bus. I also could not have been more impressed with our drivers! They all did an awesome job helping her on and off the bus with the scooter. Same goes for the monorail.
Wow this could be a strange coincidence but.... I do remember helping a woman this past week who had surgery scars on both knees!!!!!!

Last edited:

acollins876

Original Poster
It's no longer a thing on the current version of the app. But if you pull up your fastpasses on the mobile website it is still an option. I doubt that it will last but it is there as of today.
That's part of it - for this particular trick they're keeping an old version of the app and not updating it. Does sound like more work than it's worth.

acollins876

Original Poster
So...now I'm considering teaming up with folks I don't know on Memory Maker/Photopass...so maybe I should get off my ethics/loopholes high horse, huh? I just don't have the stomach for $169 for 2 people, but I really want the ride/Photopass pics.

JustAFan

So...now I'm considering teaming up with folks I don't know on Memory Maker/Photopass...so maybe I should get off my ethics/loopholes high horse, huh? I just don't have the stomach for $169 for 2 people, but I really want the ride/Photopass pics.

Oh let me tell you. We first did photopass a couple years ago. We used to carry a dslr camera, a nice one with bag and accessories. When we switched over to photopass, I was so happy. You get the ride photos, character meet & greet photos, even ride videos. Anytime you see a photographer, you stop and get your picture. It's awesome. We still do the occasional cell phone shot, but we've got some great pics from photopass. And the photographers do a great job. They do different poses and add little surprises to your pics, like holding Tinkerbell. If you can pay for it, do it. You'll be glad you did.

Dave B

I think one thing to remember is that no matter what changes Disney makes people will always find a way to hack the system. This is similar to hackers in the computer world. No matter how we change our credit cards, add firewalls, malware detection etc...hackers will find their way in. Some people seem born to cheat the system. I was on a bus two days ago next to a very nice man telling me how is booked SIX fast passes for Flight of passage. I am guessing he was there for a week and somehow booked it every day and was dropping them as he didn't need them. To him, this seemed perfectly acceptable. To me, it made me feel a little angry because I had trouble getting a Flight of Passage FastPass when I booked. But unless there is a way for Disney's system to detect this, it will continue to happen. It truly can take away from someone else's vacation when people are greedy and entitled.
So you are upset that the person had 6 fast passes and chose to only do Animal Kingdom and FoP, I am confused., what is wrong with that, our next trip will be 10 days and we will have fast passes everyday for FoP or Toy Story coaster only, because the coaster will be new to us

HollyAD

So you are upset that the person had 6 fast passes and chose to only do Animal Kingdom and FoP, I am confused., what is wrong with that, our next trip will be 10 days and we will have fast passes everyday for FoP or Toy Story coaster only, because the coaster will be new to us

I guess I didn't explain it properly. He wasn't actually going on the ride or even planning to go for each of the fast passes. I understand it's new and exciting and you want to do it more than once...it was the fact that he was wasting them and not letting them go so other people could have them.

HollyAD

I mean, do you really need to ride it TEN days in a row? Does that mean that’s the only place you have FP’s for?

I know that technically it’s not scamming the system, but it’s a bit much for sure- a group may be vacationing there that likely won’t be able to ride Toy Story or FoP during their visit, but you are riding them TEN days in a row.

It would kind of be like waiting in line for a hard to get Xmas toy, and then buying ten of them. Do you really need 10 at the expense of others not getting any, just because you can?

I may be coming a bit strong here, I wouldn’t say it’s some cardinal sin, just excessive

You are not coming off strong at all. I think ten is a bit much because it's hard to get a fast pass for and I actually waited 2.5 hours for the ride last year and got EMERGENTLY evacuate and never got to do the ride. So yeah I was a little heated when a guy on the bus was booking 6 days of FoP fast passes and letting them go to waste.

HollyAD

Wow this could be a strange coincidence but.... I do remember helping a woman this past week who had surgery scars on both knees!!!!!!

She hasn't had the surgery yet so it probably wasn't her but everyone was great with helping her. We never felt like a burden and the drivers laughed with us as we tried to help her be a better scooter driver! It helped our trip as a family feel much smoother.

Dave B

Who and why would he book them at not use and let them go to waste? That makes no sense. If he booked and then dropped, someone in the Disney universe will be able to still pick it up

Lets Respect

I followed the whole recent Rider Switch changes (getting rid of the paper passes) online (FB and Twitter). Sooo many CMs complaining about another loophole gone. Sometimes we think Disney is doing something for one reason, but it may be for an entirely different reason

Minnesota disney fan

Also, I have had people cutting in the fastpass lines. I had my dad and father-in-law with us this year and they don't move very fast. Some people didn't think twice of passing them in the line and splitting our party up. Most of the time, I wait to say something to them when the fathers catch up with us and the people let them through. However, I have had some say to me "too bad" and they have an expectation to cut in front of me. In that case, instead of getting into an argument and giving up my spot, I wait until the checkpoint with a cast member and don't proceed from that checkpoint until the cast member waives the dads through with us. I know it is passive-aggressive, but I am also stubborn and am not going to bow down to inconsiderate people.

I know what you mean. My husband had back surgery and nerve damage and walks with a limp. Whenever we are in a line that climbs up (space mountain or BTM) we always ask the others behind us if they want to pass as we can't walk that fast. In BTM only one man took advantage of our offer, and the others just smiled and said no problem. Maybe we just got lucky, but my husband is very aware that he holds people up with his disability, so we always offer others to pass. I was amazed at the amount of people who DID not take advantage of that. We try to stay to the side on walkways, which works somewhat too. Still, we are always aware that we are holding others up at WDW.

Driver

I know what you mean. My husband had back surgery and nerve damage and walks with a limp. Whenever we are in a line that climbs up (space mountain or BTM) we always ask the others behind us if they want to pass as we can't walk that fast. In BTM only one man took advantage of our offer, and the others just smiled and said no problem. Maybe we just got lucky, but my husband is very aware that he holds people up with his disability, so we always offer others to pass. I was amazed at the amount of people who DID not take advantage of that. We try to stay to the side on walkways, which works somewhat too. Still, we are always aware that we are holding others up at WDW.
It's sad that people have no consideration for each other today. What happened to courtesy and kindness? It's all about "me". Please tell your husband to take all the time he needs and not feel bad. He paid for his ticket just like everybody else. Enjoy! 😊

Hcalvert

I do ask if people want to pass if I see that my dad and father-in-law are really lagging. What really upsets me are the people that just barrel on through past them almost pushing them out of the way as if they have the right to "cut" in front of people because they can move faster. That is when I get stubborn and refuse to let them move past me too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom