Epic Mickey - 27 Pictures? What do you think about it?

gamedude

Original Poster
So theres been a while since talk about this new game by Disney called Epic mickey. I was browsing a well known game forum site and theres 27 pictures on it!! Im going to post them! I can't wait.
===============================================================
Disney-Epic-Mickey_Wii_BOX-temp-2bo.jpg

A heroic tale of redemption and discovery, Epic Mickey is an action- platforming game featuring the iconic Mickey Mouse in a fantastical adventure inspired by the cartoons of the 1930s and 1940s. Pulled into a warped Disney universe called the Cartoon Wasteland by an evil villain, Mickey finds himself in a world inhabited by the retired and forgotten cartoon characters and attractions from Disney's past. Mickey must use the very elements of himself and the world, paint and paint thinner, to explore the Cartoon Wasteland, find the source of evil that is destroying the land, and redeem his fellow cartoon characters including Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney's first cartoon star and Mickey's resentful half- brother. With visionary game designer Warren Spector behind the title, players choose their own path to defeat supreme evil, face the consequences of those decisions and ultimately free the Cartoon Wasteland.

epic2.jpg

epic3.jpg

epic4.jpg

epic5.jpg

epic6.jpg

epic7.jpg
epic8.jpg

epic9.jpg
epic10.jpg

mightyman335

This page has a lot of interviews,screen shots, and a few videos about the game. Though this link is old, it still contains alot of cool information about it including an in-game song!

erasure fan1

I hope the game is good too. First, the wii needs some top shelf games because in a sea of garbage it could use gem. Second, Disney interactive could use boost with a good game. Everything that has come out of the studio has been just kind of blah. Third, I would love another great Mickey game, you can only play Mickey mania so many times.;)

erasure fan1

Looks like this might not be a wii exlusive anymore.

GamaSutra said:
At the recent DICE 2010 event, Disney Interactive Media Group head Steve Wardsworth and his colleague Graham Hopper hinted that Epic Mickey may go on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in future, as reported by GamaSutra.

Wardsworth noted, "We have a very large audience base that has Wiis in their home", making Nintendo's platform a natural choice. "That's not to say that we won't go to other platforms", he added.

ABigBrassBand

If it comes out on PS3, I'll get it there. Otherwise, I'll just get it on Wii. The graphics are not what I expected, but it IS a Wii game. As long as the game is good you can bet I'll be playing it :D

mrksem454

I hope the game is good too. First, the wii needs some top shelf games because in a sea of garbage it could use gem. Second, Disney interactive could use boost with a good game. Everything that has come out of the studio has been just kind of blah. Third, I would love another great Mickey game, you can only play Mickey mania so many times.

mightyman335

http://kotaku.com/5532673/disneys-dark-epic-mickey-also-coming-to-childrens-book-form

The edgier, more epic Mickey Mouse adventure coming to the Wii later this year is also making the leap to print. Don't just play Disney's Epic Mickey project... read it! A pair of Epic Mickey books are planned for release after the Disney video game, one of which sounds like a straight up novelization with big print (Epic Mickey Junior Novel), the other which sounds like it could be an ongoing serialization of the game universe.
The listing for Epic Mickey "It's Your Call" is as follows: "Become Mickey Mouse as he travels through the Cartoon Wasteland full of rejected and forgotten creations. Battle fierce robots called 'Beetleworx', anamotronic blotlings, and Mickey's older half brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! Armed with a magical paintbrush, Mickey must stop the Phantom Blot who will stop at nothing to rule the Cartoon Wasteland, earn back his half-brother's trust, and save the Cartoon Wasteland from total devastation! Are you up for the job?" Well, are you? Answer the listing's question already!
The rundown of the novelization sure sounds a lot like the plot to Epic Mickey, so consider this potentially spoiler-ish:
When Mickey Mouse accidentally spills paint and paint thinner on a rendering of a model word called the Cartoon Wasteland, mayhem ensues! Unbeknownst to Mickey, the spill creates an evil monster called the Phantom Blot who will stop at nothing to take control of the Wasteland, and everything in it, including Mickey's older half brother, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! Unable to stop the Phantom Blot, Oswald goes into hiding and the Cartoon Wasteland is transformed into a hideous and twisted world.
Many years passed and Mickey went on with his life, until one day he gets sucked through a mirror — and winds up in the Cartoon Wasteland! Armed with just a magical paintbrush that he took with him, Mickey must stop a Mad Doctor who works closely with the Phantom Blot, earn back his half-brother's trust, and save the Cartoon Wasteland.

mightyman335

Rumor has it that we will see a visual overhaul of the game

"The Wii-exclusive Epic Mickey may be seeing a graphics overhaul due to complaints from fans. The French site GameKyo (via CVG) reports that we'll see a new visual style unveiled at E3. Disney sent word that it "doesn't comment on speculation," but if the rumor is true we'll know in only two short weeks anyway.

The apparent reason for the change is the disparity between concept artwork and screenshots. Fans have felt the game could more closely imitate the stylized art. The developers may be struggling a bit to imitate the style using the more limited power of the Wii, but if the rumor pans out we'll see at E3 how well they've managed to pull it off."

erasure fan1

Rumor has it that we will see a visual overhaul of the game

The developers may be struggling a bit to imitate the style using the more limited power of the Wii, but if the rumor pans out we'll see at E3 how well they've managed to pull it off."
With it looking more and more like it will come to the 360 and PS-3 I dont think power will be a problem for them. The wii might be tweaked a bit but the real overhaul will be on the other systems. Who knows what will happen but E3s only 2 weeks off so hopefully we will find out more then.

FigmentJedi

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSrTLtLe4G8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSrTLtLe4G8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWHbIkcYhE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWHbIkcYhE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CLips from E3 then.

mightyman335

Here is some game play footage

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dz8jD4LJ_o0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

I can not wait for this game!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom