EpcotServo's Updates #2.50- Wild Thing

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Hellooooooooo everybody! Time for a big Update proper! Loads of pictures to get too, so let's get to those! Now, that is!

ANIMAL KINGDOM

-Safari was great, many manimals out and about.

-Everest was working pretty great, both waterfalls working and steam as well. Heard many "That was the best ride I've ever been on", which I've only heard from Indy, Forbidden Journey, and Everest. (And I'm sure Journey to the Center of the Earth, in Japanese.)

-I don't care what anyone says, Animal Kingdom is a fantastic theme park. It's got the amazing Safari, the trails which are the *BEST* Animal encounter attractions ever, Expedition Everest-As mentioned above- one of the best thrill rides in the world, it's got Nemo-An incredible Broadway quality show. Could it use a few dark rides, sure-but it's got Countdown and a great water ride and 3-D show. And even better is the most fantastic engineering feat of blending nature and landscapes in harmony with some of the best thematic environments ever made in a Theme Park. AND it has ideals and vision like Epcot. None of this new, but walking in and being able to do those 3 in just a couple hours reminds me of why I still love Animal Kingdom, not even counting all the reasons I HAVE loved Animal Kingdom.

KINGDOM

-Sorcerers has gotten even more popular since last Update. They've also started wrapping in the cards in booster pack style, and randomized the packs. (So instead of getting 1, 2, 3,4 in a pack, you'll get 2, 47, 31, 20, etc.) Also the training screens in the firehouse were gone for some reason. They reset the system and I guess they won't let you skip to medium unless you beat all 11 missions on easy. Which is pointless, since I don't have much interest in doing the same missions over and over again. They need to train Cast to simply ask. Otherwise, including the fact you can power up cards by using them repeatedly, this will just turn into Grinding: The Ride. People in line merely to do the same thing over and over again to level up. Most people however aren't as interested in the attraction as they are the cards. Which is what I said on Day one: FOCUS ON THE TRADING CARD GAME! TELL people the rules. MAKE a game they can play on a tabletop. SELL them the boosters. Make the attraction a pleasant bonus and way to get people into playing the game. If they're all lined up to buy booster packs and trial decks, it's less people in line waiting to repeat missions over and over. The cards are what everybody loves here.

-The waterfall effect is back at Pirates, but is sadly still an incredibly blurry unintelligible Blackbeard. Bring back Davy Jones ASAP.

-Hat Pirate had Hats.

-The castle wall seems tiny.

-Does it seem tiny?

-I dunno', I think it seems tiny.

-Peoplemover!

-That's it!

OK, on to the pictures!

Enjoy! (^ ^ )

https://picasaweb.google.com/116649...250WildThing?noredirect=1#5716578637033736066

Looking for more? Looking for less? Well then you'll find it...at the UpdatePage!
http://www.epcotservoupdate.blogspot.com/

Ever wonder what Epcot thinks? Or what Studios is watching? Ever want to meet Magic Kingdom? Then join me now, and enter a magic world where the parks talk, and don't sing because they are busy. Enter the world of Theme Park girls...My weekly WDW parody webcomic, Bishoujo Parks Academy!
http://moeparks.blogspot.com/

nepalostparks

Was the Yeti still behind its tarp or was he back as Disco (or something else)?

That's the first time I've seen the white rhinos out in awhile. Over the last three weeks, I haven't managed to catch a glimpse of them any time I've ridden.

MerlinTheGoat

Was the Yeti still behind its tarp or was he back as Disco (or something else)?

That's the first time I've seen the white rhinos out in awhile. Over the last three weeks, I haven't managed to catch a glimpse of them any time I've ridden.

I rode Everest on Feb 29th and can confirm that he's back in strobe mode no longer covered by a tarp. Though he has been moved into a somewhat different position than before (his body is sort of positioned in a sideways stance now, hard to describe).

And yeah, steam and both waterfalls were working. Was surprised by the second waterfall because i heard it was supposed to be turned off permanently, or perhaps even dismantled...

nepalostparks

I rode Everest on Feb 29th and can confirm that he's back in strobe mode no longer covered by a tarp. Though he has been moved into a somewhat different position than before (his body is sort of positioned in a sideways stance now, hard to describe).

And yeah, steam and both waterfalls were working. Was surprised by the second waterfall because i heard it was supposed to be turned off permanently, or perhaps even dismantled...

I'll have to hop back on and see for myself. For me, the ride falls flat when you can't even see him. Of course, I wish he was back to actually working... something I've never been fortunate enough to see.

MerlinTheGoat

I'll have to hop back on and see for myself. For me, the ride falls flat when you can't even see him. Of course, I wish he was back to actually working... something I've never been fortunate enough to see.

I've never seen him in A mode either, i'd really love to see him moving someday. Martin did say there's hope in him moving somewhat in the future. Though i'm not getting my hopes up with the way WDW is managed currently.:brick:

stitch2008

Why doesn't the mist work?
How hard can it be to keep a mist machine working?

I dont know about Everest. But I do know similar mist effects on coasters have been removed because of corrosion fears. I also remembering from some people down there that the mist was screwing with the trip sensors(which ensure the ride path is clear). If a sensor is tripped, then the ride goes into E Stop.

fractal

Love all your updates, this was one of your best!

I agree with everything you said about AK - except I don't consider Kali a "great water ride". It's way too short. But I do love AK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why doesn't the mist work?
How hard can it be to keep a mist machine working?
The mee-fog style mist fx were deactivated permenantly due to metal corrosion caused by the fog moisture. Though why they can't use an alternate effect I don't know. It's not rocket science. Oh, wait.... It's DAK.

Both waterfalls were a surprise to those working EE too. Steam has been more problematic recently. Hit n miss again.

Bird on a stick still works, but is now officially considered so embarrassing that he is grounded.

Frances728

The news item showed Disney!:ROFLOL:

Biff215

Great update, thanks! So they took the overhead rock bridges out of the Oasis permanently? That definitely sounds disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom