EpcotServo's Feb.28th Update: Laugh Floor Preview

EpcotServo

Original Poster
What's a good way to start this...

A long Time ago in a gala...no. Done to much.

Concerning Hobbits...nope.

Stardate 2275...the impossible has happened...No. Too Trek.

How about...It's time for another EpcotServo Update!
Good. Just got back from the parks, and I've got alot of pictures. Including a few from the Laugh Floor! Since no one stopped me, I assume they're Ok,
and I hope they give you a nice little look at the great work WDI did on the building IMHO. But before the pictures...News!

-Early this morning, our express Monorail to Magic Kingdom went the other way around. (Clockwise instead of Conter-Clockwise.) I think it's because they were putting a train on.

-The glass store has reopened, giving more much needed room for the Bakery.

-The Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club opened up for back-to-back play tests, to see how the attraction will work from day-to-day when it opens in Spring. As always, it's up in the air, and is not set in stone.

-The Tomorrowland Indy Speedway has reopened, but I hate ours so much I didn't go on it. :lol:

-Stitch had quite a line for some reason.

-Haunted Mansion still REALLLLLY needs a rehab.

Ok, Now on to the pictures! Enjoy!

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4359471&a=32480104&p=75347136

"What do you think, Sirs?"
-Joel, MST3K

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Photoshop is my friend! It makes the dark become light.

XZUWR-View23.jpg

So that's the end of the queue, no? You watch the video... but have a big open space? Do you stay in that large open area for 20mins though...?

Other part of the queue..

JJSWM-View35.jpg

I spy with my little eye a repurposed but non-functional arcylic tube that used to have bubbles when it was for Timekeeper. Supper they'll turn that on? And the rest of the queue area just looks like Timekeeper but with banners.

And now the stage...

YNMCO-View21.jpg

Roz looks okay, but I dunno, the front row looks like they're really close to the screen. I don't get why the logo is scribbled. They'd need some really big markers/pens/crayons to do that.. I guess the whole "Mike's doing this himself and it's thrown together cutesy" thing just isn't working for me. It comes off more like the work of an 5-yo then a non-professional trying to do a show.

It reminds me of the "Figment's House" crap from Journey. I moreso beleived that Figment drew like a 5-yo then I do Mike.

the-reason14

It looks alright, it isnt something that I think Im ever going to see, cuz it doesnt interest me in the least. But whatever, some people will like it.

Oh yea, still not seeing the connection to TL, but yea, you know, I know that just cant be me.

Figment82

So will the Laugh Floor be ready for its scheduled March 17th opening? Or will they push it back yet again... I'm curious to see this the next time I'm down there (the week after).

They already have the Opening Day pin listed on ODPT - wishful thinking?

CaptainMichael

So will the Laugh Floor be ready for its scheduled March 17th opening? Or will they push it back yet again... I'm curious to see this the next time I'm down there (the week after).

They already have the Opening Day pin listed on ODPT - wishful thinking?

I think it's pretty safe to say it will open on time in March. It seems that they've worked out most of the kinks.

sknydave

You live on the edge my friend! When I was in the Monsters Inc. preview the Imagineers and CMs were walking around giving would-be photographers the stink eye.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Photoshop is my friend! It makes the dark become light.
So that's the end of the queue, no? You watch the video... but have a big open space? Do you stay in that large open area for 20mins though...?
No, that's the space right before the long hallway waiting area. It's right after you pass through the big Monsters Inc. door in the queue. You're looking at that door and turnstyles from behind.

Other part of the queue..
I spy with my little eye a repurposed but non-functional arcylic tube that used to have bubbles when it was for Timekeeper. Supper they'll turn that on? And the rest of the queue area just looks like Timekeeper but with banners.
I was checking on that, and they are still full of water. So I think they'd be turned on. It may be off and on though like when it was Timekeeper. Sometimes on, sometimes off. And as I said in the caption, from a quick look it looks the same, but if you look close when you're there, the walls are a diffrent texture, and there's lots of new lighting. Plus, they kind of pull one over on Disney fans. There are mirrors at the end of the hall to hide the fact that it's much shorter now. But it looks like it's still the same length as before! Plus another reason it retains the Tomorrowland feel, is that it feels like a big culture-shock when you enter the monster world. They did that great! It really feels like you went more than a few feet away.

And now the stage...
Roz looks okay, but I dunno, the front row looks like they're really close to the screen. I don't get why the logo is scribbled. They'd need some really big markers/pens/crayons to do that.. I guess the whole "Mike's doing this himself and it's thrown together cutesy" thing just isn't working for me. It comes off more like the work of an 5-yo then a non-professional trying to do a show.

It reminds me of the "Figment's House" crap from Journey. I moreso beleived that Figment drew like a 5-yo then I do Mike.
The curtain is actully the curtain from the "Monsters Inc. Company Play" that was in the bloopers. The hand-drawn look from of the banners were also inspired from that great little segment. If you look, the Laugh Floor in the movie has the same hand-drawn look. And like I said, these two pictures were just really quick snapshots taken on the way out, and they were done while walking. The flash also takes away the great lighting of the area. And no, it's actully a pretty good distance between the stage and the front rows. I sat close to the front rows this time, and it was fine. But no matter what, you're front row is going to be closer to the stage.

And please people, I took these pictures just to give you a quick look at what's there. PLEASE don't form opinons based on them.

MickeyTigg

We were lucky enough to catch a soft preview of the show on Tuesday and we thought it was pretty funny. I had only heard some audio from the other previews and I have say I think that they may have fixed it.

trimmerTOT

Very nice as always.

It's refreshing to have another MILF fan around here!

is MILF really the acronym we are going with for this attraction? just seems wrong.

I'm actually looking forward to this, however it may turn out, haven't had chance to check out any of these interactive attractions yet...think i will reserve judgement until its open and polished

tampabrad

I honestly hope they do something with this attraction before it's official opening. I thought it was horible. I got to check it out on Wednesday 2-28.

The queue area was nice. Theaming was good, but not great. Once we were brought into the second room, there really wasn't much to see and people seemed a bit lost. There are TV screens giving directions on how to text a joke that could be used in the show. Not sure if this was working and didn't see anyone try to use their cell phones. Actually, people around me were commenting about it being true or not. After about 10 minutes, people were joking around about waiting in the room is the "joke." No one was there to say we would be going into another room or not. Chalk it up to being a preview.

I wont go into to much detail as not to ruin the experience, but there are three commedians who tell jokes and interact with the audience. The first two were more improv and the third was Scully's nephew or something and he told the jokes that were texed from the second holding room.

Roz was the hit of the show. The comedians were horrible. People seemed to laugh only because the jokes were stupid. Kids in the audience seemed a bit restless. Personally, I thought it was to long, most likely, because it just wasn't funny.

jedimaster1227

It seems that they've worked out most of the kinks.

Not in the show I saw... :lookaroun

It's actually starting to look okay...

I wasn't impressed....

The comedians were horrible. People seemed to laugh only because the jokes were stupid. Kids in the audience seemed a bit restless. Personally, I thought it was to long, most likely, because it just wasn't funny.

Every part of this summary is true for what I saw last Friday... I say this once more, "Bad Concept, Bad Execution..."

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Everyone complaning about the show, go to a diffrent thread. This is a thread about my update, not another thread for you people to go on and on and on about how you hate it. We got it. You don't like it.

JikoMarie

Everyone complaning about the show, go to a diffrent thread. This is a thread about my update, not another thread for you people to go on and on and on about how you hate it. We got it. You don't like it.

I agree! There's a major thread hijack going on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom