EpcotServo's August 21st Update:LOTS of Muppet Mobile Lab pictures and no more stars!

JonnyK

Sweet Shots, look good.

however I wanna see a video of this thing in action, perhaps? anyone got one to share anytime soon? ;)

JonnyK

Thanks For sharing, how could i miss that in the other thread as well.

however i found one on youtube from DLCA (fully length one, found it in another thread as well)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xxThXoWgGBA

edit - i noticed the DLCA one had long pants on beaker but then now shorts in fl, for these summer days. how cool.

(btw youtube has alot of these video, if you wanna see how the others are reacting to it)

DisneySaint

Are they disguised as tourists????

...if your referring to the CM's in labcoats, aren't they the 'handlers'? (AKA: character helpers?)

Of to the far right of #86 and right in the center of #87. See, right there in the middle of everyone! And people come home from their vacations saying they never saw them! (because they blend in!!)

hokielutz

Of to the far right of #86 and right in the center of #87. See, right there in the middle of everyone! And people come home from their vacations saying they never saw them! (because they blend in!!)

I still don't see this person in either of the pictures. I don't see a semblance of anyone that is hiding their hands to control the MML.

The tree at the AK operates by a person who is carrying an over the shoulder bag. The bag hides the remote control joystick. Obviously... the MML has far more gadgets on it than a simple joystick control can operate.

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Probably not the spot to ask this question... so I'll do so very carefully.

EpcotServo- was there any sign of the MML's 'secondary' assistant? Or just the primary helper?

For that matter... does anyone know if it is completely assisted via off-stage?

(read between the lines for the sake of the young and young-at-heart :D )
Nope, none at all. When they are on stage they only have two handlers and all they do is crowd control and assist guests and the Muppet Mobile Lab.

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Glad you enjoyed it.
:wave:

DisneySaint

I still don't see this person in either of the pictures. I don't see a semblance of anyone that is hiding their hands to control the MML.

The tree at the AK operates by a person who is carrying an over the shoulder bag. The bag hides the remote control joystick. Obviously... the MML has far more gadgets on it than a simple joystick control can operate.

Please read my above post. I'm not talking about the MML at all - I was talking about the Dream Squad.

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the updates!

I really wish the characters would have been used in ways like the MML in Epcot. I think that was the perfect use intstead of shoehorning them into the attractions, but I digress. I think it looks like fun!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Thanks for the updates!

I really wish the characters would have been used in ways like the MML in Epcot. I think that was the perfect use intstead of shoehorning them into the attractions, but I digress. I think it looks like fun!
Yep! sounds good to me too.

JLW11Hi

Whaaaat?

Bubbles? Water squirting? Smoke? Confetti?!?

MML looks totally awesome. I think we are looking at the future of guest/character interaction. I wish it wasn't leaving WDW so soon!

Oh, and SSE looks incredible. Even with the wand and mickey hand gone, it looks so much more complete with the stars off. I can't believe anyone would prefer having the wand to this! Not just because we're all Disney purists who love living in the 80's. No, its becasue it simply looks better. Period.

NadieMasK2

Ok, I think I'm hitting on what BwanaBob was here, but how is the MML accomplished? Is it similar technology as Lucky? Remote operation?

Disney_Freak429

those last few pics brought me to tears sooo good to have SSE almost gone of that ugly hunk of __ ;) Oh and MML looks great does it have to go to HKDL can't it just stay at EPCOT Center for at least a year I already missed out on Lucky now this. Also I loved seeing "EPCOT" in all capitals on the times board fells great.

ROEFan88

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom