Epcots New Soarin'..

jw24

What is this long wait you talk about..Ive done Soarin' three times in the morning in July..FP before going on at rope drop..And before my 2nd Soar,another FP..After my 3rd flight,it's time for lunch at SS.

Generally speaking, the wait time is very long. I was in WDW last March and all the FPs were out by the early afternoon. Perhaps some can take advantage of multiple rides using EMH, making Soarin' their first ride of the day after rop drop and then get FPs later on but trust me, if you're not in Epcot in the morning, you're toast. All the FPs are out by early afternoon and the standby lines can be from 90-150 min long for the rest of the day! We're not talking Christmas or any holidays. I'm speaking from Spring Break experiences. Not as crowded as Christmas or Thanksgiving but still packed regardless.

Last edited:

Marc Gil

I think instead of Florida it should be just in the United States in general. Imagine how cool it would be to fly over Yellowstone or Mount Rushmore! The transitions should also be more subtle. The ride should end flying past World Showcase, past the Lagoon, and above Spaceship Earth during Illuminations instead of ending in Disneyland.

Mukta

Since it is in the Land pavilion, I would like to stick to that idea.

National Parks, deserts, swamps. All of the different kind of environments the USA has.

Soarin2u

If they did do a Soarin' over the world, I'd think it'd be cool if they could incorporate characters from the location you fly over somehow, nothing big though but something a little bit more noticeable than hidden mickeys. If you fly over France, you can see Belle walking through the streets or if you pass over China you can see Mulan on her horse. See Jasmine and Aladdin flying in there carpet below you. But nothing that it stands out badly but enough for a kid to go "Mommy, I see Belle!" Or have it even more hidden and discrete like a hidden Mickey and make it a game to notice them.

I'd just like them to incorporate some of there characters location into it somehow but not much.....

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Generally speaking, the wait time is very long. I was in WDW last March and all the FPs were out by the early afternoon. Perhaps some can take advantage of multiple rides using EMH, making Soarin' their first ride of the day after rop drop and then get FPs later on but trust me, if you're not in Epcot in the morning, you're toast. All the FPs are out by early afternoon and the standby lines can be from 90-150 min long for the rest of the day! We're not talking Christmas or any holidays. I'm speaking from Spring Break experiences. Not as crowded as Christmas or Thanksgiving but still packed regardless.
Hence the old saying.." The early bird gets the worm.";)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Soarin' over Florida would be kind of boring as it is very flat land and not exciting except for Disney, lakes and beaches. California works because there is such diversity in the landscape.

Soarin' over America would be great! Highlights could be New York (Statue of Liberty), Yellowstone (show a geyser!), the great plains (maybe a buffalo or two) and farmland, the Rockies, coastlines, Niagra falls, and the Grand Canyon

acishere

If its going to be an East Coast version then it should start up in Boston and make its way down south through NYC, Philly, DC, between visits to the different coastlines, and other regions. Then a quick zoom over WDW before diving down and ending at Epcot.

SkratchyTheWolf

Seeing as Soarin' is located near the entrance to Epcot I think it would make the most sense to fly over landmarks found in the countries featured in the world showcase. It would be a nice introduction to Epcot as a whole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom