EPCOT's Mission SPACE set to undergo exterior refresh

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Excellent attraction. I love the look of the pavilion. I love the theme and the attraction and I love you have a choice of two missions, they turned one attraction into two attractions and with Space 220, added dining, excellent. I never understood the hate for this pavilion and the attraction.
I think this is one of those attractions which will be eternally weighed down by its history and the gravity of what it replaced. Much like Figment, Runaway Railway, and Stitch these discussions on the merit of the attraction must be predicated by what was lost to make it happen, and buy and large many agree the loss of Horizons makes this a net negative. And this comes from someone who never properly experienced Horizons.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think this is one of those attractions which will be eternally weighed down by its history and the gravity of what it replaced. Much like Figment, Runaway Railway, and Stitch these discussions on the merit of the attraction must be predicated by what was lost to make it happen, and buy and large many agree the loss of Horizons makes this a net negative. And this comes from someone who never properly experienced Horizons.
Lots of fancy words about a multi-million-dollar spin-and-puke...

Disstevefan1

Let me be clear, Mission Space IS NO HORIZONS! HORIZONS WAS GREAT! And I wish they ADDED Mission space and kept Horizons.

Yes, it is a problem that a slow moving omnimover ride like Horizons was replaced by a intense thrill ride in Mission Space.

At least they added the less intense trip around the Moon as a ride anyone can experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking very green at EPCOT these days :)

Mission-SPACE_Full_55344.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom