EPCOT's Mission SPACE set to undergo exterior refresh

lazyboy97o

I seem to remember reading here that we were originally supposed to get a dark ride about the history and future of space exploration, in addition to the nauseating migraine factory simulator that we have now. But naturally the company that has more money than Midas ran out of money when building the pavilion. I’ve ridden this attraction once when it originally opened, felt like absolute garbage the rest of the day, and haven’t, and won’t, return. Not to belabor the point, but the fact that we lost Horizons for this- just…hurtful.
It was just a pre-show movie.

osian

I seem to remember reading here that we were originally supposed to get a dark ride about the history and future of space exploration,
You miight like to search for Epcot Space Pavilion to refresh your memory of what it was and where it was supposed to go. It actaully has nothing to do with Horizons or Mission Space, so to claim that we got Mission Space instead of the proposed Space Pavilion is a bit of a stretch.

Phineas

It was just a pre-show movie.

Thanks for clearing that up. It stings a little less now.

sedati

Rode this five times on my recent trip and fear it may not be around next time I make it down. Favorite moment went like this:

Cast Member: “How many in your party?”

Guest:”1”

Me: “1”

Literally all 8 of us were riding alone as no one will ride this thing with us. In the next area the CM joked that it was a long way to Mars and that we were all traveling with strangers so hopefully we all get along.

gerarar

Premium Member
Earth has returned!
1710256432464.png

Disstevefan1

I am a bit surprised that MS is still hanging on.
Excellent attraction. I love the look of the pavilion. I love the theme and the attraction and I love you have a choice of two missions, they turned one attraction into two attractions and with Space 220, added dining, excellent. I never understood the hate for this pavilion and the attraction.

ToTBellHop

Excellent attraction. I love the look of the pavilion. I love the theme and the attraction and I love you have a choice of two missions, they turned one attraction into two attractions and with Space 220, added dining, excellent. I never understood the hate for this pavilion and the attraction.
I feel like every time I ride, the ride visuals look like they haven’t fully downloaded and are very jumpy. Like a streaming video when I have a bad wifi connection.

This makes the Mars mission even more intense and uncomfortable.

Disstevefan1

I feel like every time I ride, the ride visuals look like they haven’t fully downloaded and are very jumpy. Like a streaming video when I have a bad wifi connection.

This makes the Mars mission even more intense and uncomfortable.
I love the Mars Mission, maybe my eyes are bad or I am not looking close enough but no discomfort for me, just thrill.

Bocabear

I love this pavilion but to me it feels incomplete...like the first part of a journey followed by a McDonalds ball bath play structure and gift shop. I wish they had built an entire pavilion that felt more fleshed out...Like actually have a Mars Base with more to do when you arrive....

Disstevefan1

I love this pavilion but to me it feels incomplete...like the first part of a journey followed by a McDonalds ball bath play structure and gift shop. I wish they had built an entire pavilion that felt more fleshed out...Like actually have a Mars Base with more to do when you arrive....
Yea, the post ride area is focused on kids. This area could be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom