News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah I’m good.

Just noticing a pattern in your posts that I don’t particularly care for. Wasn’t trying to personally attack you but felt like I had to say something.
I totally get that…and it’s fair.

Now I’ll help: hit the button!
Image result for easy button gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"ROE is too boring and not Disney enough."
Which is a good example of “anti-truth”…

Now if I can gets me some anti-matter…laforge is gonna build me a core and I’m OUTTA here!!!
The funny thing is Harmonious was all about Disney IP.
That’s why it doesn’t work in the park. They did the thing where they saw world of color…it was on the lake…and figured it would work…

But it doesn’t fit into the same template.

jrhwdw

IllumiNations: Reflections of Michael CONFIRMED for 2023. He’s such a big star that he doesn’t need any freakin barges. I hope he sings the Jack Sparrow song. It’s perfect for Epcot.
And how does that help anyone exactly..........sounds like IP to me..........

Honestly!!!!!!

SoFloMagic

The Stargate isn't like toooooo bad in the daytime, it's the tacos that definitely have to go.
I kind of think the opposite. I mean I hope they all get blown up in an after hours event, but if one has to stay...
They literally created a new show at the MK & made NO reference to Walt!!! Took them how long to finally add a 2 minute intro…
I don't think the 50th team made that show. Twasnt a 50th show. Despite being a new show for the 50th. Disney logic

SoFloMagic

I would pay significant money to watch them be destroyed in time to One Little Spark.

Though repurposing them somewhere that makes sense would be the best option.
Bulldoze the Fantasmic stage and just replace it with two tacos. Run youtube videos of 2019 Fantasmic performances eight times a day.

Put the other two tacos in the animal kingdom lagoon and show videos of kites flying on them. Then bring the jetskis back and run real epcot forever again while they prep illuminations: drones and IP

vikescaper

Bulldoze the Fantasmic stage and just replace it with two tacos. Run youtube videos of 2019 Fantasmic performances eight times a day.

Put the other two tacos in the animal kingdom lagoon and show videos of kites flying on them. Then bring the jetskis back and run real epcot forever again while they prep illuminations: drones and IP
Or……put wheels on the tacos and move them to MK. Instant light parade! 😉

Figments Friend

What they announced is almost embarrassingly, cynically…”minor”

The little things are fine…but they have a bigtime capacity problem in the US parks and they just made their intentions to sit on it for more years known. And they’ll blame us.

Stockholm syndrome.

Was anybody really honestly expecting any really big news being announced regarding new attractions at WDW?
There has been little to no chatter here or 'leaks' regarding talk about projects coming down the pipeline.
Usually on this fabulous Forum, we get the dibs on any planned projects months before they are officially announced.
I myself was not expecting anything major regarding entirely new additions.
Lots of talk a couple of years ago about how once the current construction projects finish we will likely be in for a dry spell.

But yes, there are still areas at WDW that need refreshing to increase capacity.
Attraction buildings /Guest areas that need to be repurposed should be done so to absorb crowds.
There is still 'dead space' that could be better untilized, but many of us including yourself know this.
One of these days.....maybe, just maybe, they will enhance those areas with something other then a DVC kiosk.

-

SteamboatJoe

If we aren't going to get something original and inspirational in the spirit of Reflections of Earth, I hope they at least go the Remember...Dreams Come True route of essentially recapping and celebrating the park and its attractions as opposed to another attempt at remixing Disney's greatest hits from the past 35 years. The only question would be which celebrity voice from the park should narrate, Dame Judi Dench or Patrick Warburton?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was anybody really honestly expecting any really big news being announced regarding new attractions at WDW?
There has been little to no chatter here or 'leaks' regarding talk about projects coming down the pipeline.
Usually on this fabulous Forum, we get the dibs on any planned projects months before they are officially announced.
I myself was not expecting anything major regarding entirely new additions.
Lots of talk a couple of years ago about how once the current construction projects finish we will likely be in for a dry spell.

But yes, there are still areas at WDW that need refreshing to increase capacity.
Attraction buildings /Guest areas that need to be repurposed should be done so to absorb crowds.
There is still 'dead space' that could be better untilized, but many of us including yourself know this.
One of these days.....maybe, just maybe, they will enhance those areas with something other then a DVC kiosk.

-
I guess some were…

But it wasn’t this cat. It was a really easy analysis under the conditions/history here..

But I think many deep down had hoped they’d get “stuff back” for paying higher prices and clunking around those parks in masks…

But that was completely the wrong read. Even if there has been ALOT of coverage about their prices in the last year or so…more than I can ever remember by a lot.

I get it…but it was wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom