News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

aladdin2007

“It starts with this big invigorating (drum sequence), kind of gets you all excited and then we launch it into a blackout. And then out of the blackout comes the first voiceover and it basically says welcome to the great gathering, and then we go around the lagoon,” Davison said. Each country pavilion joins in. “Then there's a cute little nod that we do to Future World because it's this huge section over here with Figment, who everyone loves, and Figment welcomes everybody, too.”

YES!!!

doctornick

Oh man this is a realllllly neat interview. It sounds like this is about to be something special. In the interview Steve Davidson mentions that with Harmonious it was moreso a celebration of the Disney world while this show emphasizes more of a human connection. This is a great sign yall!
I definitely like what is being said. Whether the execution fits the premise remains to be seen but it sounds like they are going for the right “type” of show for Epcot given the IP mandate.

vikescaper

“It starts with this big invigorating (drum sequence), kind of gets you all excited and then we launch it into a blackout. And then out of the blackout comes the first voiceover and it basically says welcome to the great gathering, and then we go around the lagoon,” Davison said. Each country pavilion joins in. “Then there's a cute little nod that we do to Future World because it's this huge section over here with Figment, who everyone loves, and Figment welcomes everybody, too.”

YES!!!
That part sounds a lot like the beginning IllumiNations 25/98 (welcome from each country) and ROE (drum sequence leading to blackout).

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I'll also be there! I've been scoping out good audio/visual locations around the lagoon for the past 2 weeks. Do we want to do a WDWMagic group watch?

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Very exciting interview... happy to see that the Imagineers seemingly gave us an Illuminations show while including the IP mandate apparently very well. However, it seems that may be what WDI was hinting at with Figment at the office, not a ride redo, which is definitely too bad..

aladdin2007

Happy Luminous and
1701791073136.png

Mikey73181

I really hope like Harmonious that they release the music on iTunes. It’s been hit or miss with music releases the last few years. We got Rivers of Light a few years ago, but never got Happily Ever After, Enchantment or Epcot Forever. I know I can usually find clean enough copies on YouTube, but I’d like official releases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom