News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
The behind the scenes video is really interesting to me. It's less of a marketing video with corporate buzzwords and more-so a genuine and charming view into the BTS operations of the show. Pretty cool!
This video is my favorite bts video they’ve made in a long time. No overly perky PR rep, no “this show will beat the birth of your child for the best moment of your life”, just a true behind the scenes video. They know this is their only shot at getting it right after Harmonious. I’m hoping it is great.

gerarar

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has shared a new behind-the-scenes video of Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

Loved this behind the scenes video!

Reminds me a lot of the HEA bts videos we got leading up to its world premiere, where they highlighted each of the main effect areas that make up a nighttime spectacular of the show (music, projections, pyro, animation, lighting, etc.). Wished they went into more detail like Luminous just did, but awesome stuff regardless!!

And also in this video, they showed the time code for the show's soundtrack. It was easy to miss, but here's an edited screen grab of the soundwaves.

As predicted, there will be a quiet time around about after 2/3 way through, similar to RoE and Harmonius (beginning of Someday).
Screenshot_20231204_173836_YouTube.jpg

Really want a detailed look like this for Fantasmic! however..

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I can see they incorporated elements of Harmonious' visuals into this show, except without the easily malfunctionable LED screens, and that they're able to move the barges in and out of the lagoon every day.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night! I just hope it comes with a good soundtrack because from what I'm seeing from footage from outside the park, the show looks promising.

(Oh and the fountain barges across the lagoon are really cool)
I’m a really big fan of the individual fountain barges. That WOC-like movement is really nice and smooth.

Squishy

Are they going to be driving the barges out two at a time only? I don't think I saw them drive all of them out at once like illuminations did. Not enough staff or do they not want to hold up traffic for too long?

trainplane3

I don't remember the Prim. in Celebrate The Future before, might be just me........

Thanks EF 2023!!!!!!!! Hopefully you got Epcot on the right track. and only return because of a Special Event.

I hope Tomorrow Night is a good Idea!!!
Not even that. There were double and quad fireworks instead of single and double. I always made fun of V3 for being light on everything but tonight I think it showed up?
Didn't seem to have any pyro changes from previous recent shows, maybe finale had a bit more shells.
That's what I meant. More shells throughout the show.

TrippedUp

This video is my favorite bts video they’ve made in a long time. No overly perky PR rep, no “this show will beat the birth of your child for the best moment of your life”, just a true behind the scenes video. They know this is their only shot at getting it right after Harmonious. I’m hoping it is great.
I kinda loved the lighting designer who clearly had no time for and wanted nothing to do with the video. Everyone in these videos is always so saccharine, and he was like "We've got a ton of lights. And computers. And barges. None of them work, I'm very busy, please leave."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom