News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Bocabear

I'm cautiously optimistic about this show. It's never going to fully replace RoE, in my opinion. But the big question is will I feel moved by watching it? I did with RoE, and though I never saw it in person, I did not with Harmonious.
Harmonious was a big commercial... I thought it completely lacked heart...like a "Greatest Hits " from Disney movies with some fountains and occasional fireworks... It just was not good...
I am hoping this new show has some heart and pulls some emotional strings. They really need this to be a hit...

jrhwdw

This was about EF, not the Candlelight Processional. That’s always busy.
Correct. However I'm sure that 8:30 crowd watched EF from somewhere. They all didn't run to SSE or IG to skip EF......

The real question, no matter the Show is. How busy is Showcase Plaza really at Closing during the Holidays? All the Action before WSL seems to be at America Gardens....

vikescaper

Correct. However I'm sure that 8:30 crowd watched EF from somewhere. They all didn't run to SSE or IG to skip EF......

The real question, no matter the Show is. How busy is Showcase Plaza really at Closing during the Holidays? All the Action before WSL seems to be at America Gardens....
It all depends on the day. When I have been to Epcot during the holidays, it’s usually pretty crowded.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I finally saw EF in person and I was massively disappointed. We were in EPCOT twice over our six day trip and outside of one main spot outside of the American Gardens theatre where everyone congregated as the 8:30 CP let out, WS was empty.

pigglewiggle

The section called Loss. It's mean to tug at heartstrings:

“People will cry,” Davison said. “It's just one of these things where if you allow yourself to have that emotion, let it … just for once in the darkness.” The show’s creators actually crafted a moment for just that kind of reaction at the end of the loss section. But they don’t dwell there for long. With bursts of light and brand-new types of fireworks, the show’s finale reminds guests that they are never alone."

I don't want to feel loss or sadness during an evening fireworks show. People should feel moved by music, not manipulated. Perhaps this description is melodramatic, at least I hope.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

The section called Loss. It's mean to tug at heartstrings:

“People will cry,” Davison said. “It's just one of these things where if you allow yourself to have that emotion, let it … just for once in the darkness.”
The show’s creators actually crafted a moment for just that kind of reaction at the end of the loss section. But they don’t dwell there for long. With bursts of light and brand-new types of fireworks, the show’s finale reminds guests that they are never alone."

I don't want to feel loss or sadness during an evening fireworks show. People should feel moved by music, not manipulated. Perhaps this description is melodramatic, at least I hope.
Already complaints about the show being too deep. Just like the Illuminations days. We are so back

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
All the hardware is deployed

IMG_7661.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom