News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why are there Hay Bales on WSL's Islands??? It's on Twitter.....
Are you sure it's hay?

bale.gif

TTA94

Unfortunately EF will look ugly during the phased barge removal, just like it did during the installation. Hopefully the removal process wont take as long as the installation process did.
Those who want to see EF might be better off waiting until the barges are fully removed.

mattpeto

@wdwmagic can you say when you think we may get more info on the new show?
I have no insight on this, but Disney likes to start pushing their marketing pitch for the holidays starting in July. I’d expect to hear more information at the latest by then, especially if new infrastructure is going into the lagoon.

TTA94

I have no insight on this, but Disney likes to start pushing their marketing pitch for the holidays starting in July. I’d expect to hear more information at the latest by then, especially if new infrastructure is going into the lagoon.

Yeah true. Also if there going to be assembling any type of barges backstage we all will find out about it quickly lol so they’ll likely have to make a announcement before they begin on-site construction. New barge construction backstage obviously won’t happen until they dismantle the Harmonious barges… however long that’ll take.

I strongly feel like there a good chance we won’t be seeing the new show until 2024 based on the speed they have been moving at. Granted the construction of Harm and slowness of it was likely due to the pandemic.

mattpeto

Yeah true. Also if there going to be assembling any type of barges backstage we all will find out about it quickly lol so they’ll likely have to make a announcement before they begin on-site construction. New barge construction backstage obviously won’t happen until they dismantle the Harmonious barges… however long that’ll take.

I strongly feel like there a good chance we won’t be seeing the new show until 2024 based on the speed they have been moving at. Granted the construction of Harm and slowness of it was likely due to the pandemic.
Epcot Forever is designed to be a temporary show. They will need a draw for the holidays.

If it was just too far fetched to have the new show ready before October, I think they would keep Harmonious around a little bit longer. They seem to be moving quickly.

TDLFan

They're promoting this as a Disney 100th show and will likely be the only thing WDW can push as a "100th addition" when it actually starts in October. I'm sure they'll want it opening along side the crater and Moana. I'm usually pessimistic but I think there will be a real push to have the show ready in the fall because it's the only big thing till Tiana opens a year later.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’d rather it it be good than rushed to meet the arbitrary deadline of another stupid celebration. We don’t actually need another celebration. We need a full-day, worthwhile, engaging theme park experience at Epcot.

At least they have the food game down. I won’t be hungry.
I’d like to celebrate a good day at the parks without mass crowds due to lack of attractions and a day where Genie+ doesn’t drive me insane

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’d rather it it be good than rushed to meet the arbitrary deadline of another stupid celebration. We don’t actually need another celebration. We need a full-day, worthwhile, engaging theme park experience at Epcot.

At least they have the food game down. I won’t be hungry.

Cupcakes will only fill you up for so long before you need something of actual substance. Oh look. A food kiosk, conveniently selling a portion size just enough to take the edge off.

Odds they take the time to do this right instead of rushing to finish and cutting corners to make it in time for the already-underwhelming Disney100. We'll start at 40-1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom