News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Disstevefan1

Unless guests pay upwards of $119.99 plus tax for the specific hard ticket event.
Thats not a bad idea.
Fireworks only seen at specific hard ticket event.
This is totally in line with Disney's standard operating procedure of charging for something that was previously free.
You want to see fireworks? You must pay the price.

Let's be glad Disney does not read these boards.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Thats not a bad idea.
Fireworks only seen at specific hard ticket event.
This is totally in line with Disney's standard operating procedure of charging for something that was previously free.
You want to see fireworks? You must pay the price.

Let's be glad Disney does not read these boards.
Now they just have to figure out how to stop all the freeloaders who can see the fireworks for free from outside the parks.

I would recommend a resort fireworks recovery fee for every person who enters on property.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The July 4 and NYE were pretty temporary. It involved crews dragging out launch fixtures to each of the sites ahead of the show.
What was the "largest" fireworks special event that you can recall on property? I think I remember a show in the MK with 360 degree fireworks which included 7 Seas but I don't remember when or what it was for.

Disstevefan1

You think they don't?
DisCorpReadingWdwmagic.jpg

;)

Disstevefan1

The barges are going away. The unsightly sight lines they cause is actually what pushed this over the line. The show scores fairly well. Drones shouldn't surprise anyone. Disney outsources this stuff anyways (just as they did projection mapping when they first started using it). It's actually less complicated/error prone than the stuff they are doing with the barges.
Was it officially announced the barges are going away? I hate them as much as anyone, but I thought they were going to keep the barges and just create new content.

JohnD

Was it officially announced the barges are going away? I hate them as much as anyone, but I thought they were going to keep the barges and just create new content.
No. But why have Epcot Forever in the interim? They could just program a new show, test it after hours, then go live without having to do Epcot Forever. I could be wrong but the interim Epcot Forever show implies that the Stargate and the Tacos will be moved backstage at a minimum in order to prep for the new show.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
No. But why have Epcot Forever in the interim? They could just program a new show, test it after hours, then go live without having to do Epcot Forever. I could be wrong but the interim Epcot Forever show implies that the Stargate and the Tacos will be moved backstage at a minimum in order to prep for the new show.
Exactly!

ToTBellHop

Yes. And they can’t exactly be floated away overnight because of how they were built. Some amount of dismantling will be visible to guests next year. How careful they are with the dismantling will indicate how much of the barges will return.

Disstevefan1

True. If the Stargate and the Tacos are moved backstage, they will never return.

Disstevefan1

Crazy thought - Could they dismantle the barges but then use them to create a new globe for a true successor to RoE?
It would be cool to reuse just the Tacos
I presume they are not designed to be towed on a daily basis, but if they could be towed out for the show and then towed backstage during the day that could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom