News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

markham

I was not such a fan of Hamonious, but really like Luminous from the videos I’ve seen online. The original music is so much better IMO than We Go On, which as a teen when ROE debuted, made my skin crawl. It was a cheesy piece of music that sounded like it belonged on Delilah’s radio show. Don’t get me wrong. I loved the ROE show, especially the Big Bang, Building up of society/culture story and the orchestrated music was played non-stop on my old cd player, but that last song did not live up to the rest.

That said, and if I haven’t dated myself enough already in this post, I always thought a cool upgrade would have been all the planets, not just earth, in high def new tech and no ocean screen cutouts. This scene since the closing of the Barcelona Olympics has always been seared into my brain. Sorry if it’s too armchair imagineering for this thread, just a thought I think often haha.

IMG_8058.jpeg

Last edited:

Disone

I have not heard specifics yet, but it would not surprise me at all.
I think they said the same thing about harmonious did they not? But at almost 20minuted it was so long, I feel like the firepower was spread out too thinly.

I'm trying to get a good copy of the original illuminations. Not reflections of Earth like the actual original illuminations. Amazingly that show doesn't have its first firework go off until almost 10 minutes into the show. Wow. They could not do that today. But the last 6 minutes of the show those barges are just dumping fireworks off. But mostly streamers. Lots and lots of streamers. Does have a really cool part with the whistlers though. I missed the whistlers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Probably old news to you both, but at the beginning of the show during the narration, there are red lights on the small fountains that "palpitate" with the heartbeats.
Sorry (not sorry) to be that guy, but 'palpitate' means something's wrong... the heartbeat is irregular or too fast.

:D

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
The lyricist for 'Heartbeat Symphony' has stated in a TikTok that he was told Luminous will run through 2050...

Screenshot_20231214_093514_TikTok.jpg

Surely Disney doesn't expect to keep the same show playing for 26 years?!

jrhwdw

The lyricist for 'Heartbeat Symphony' has stated in a TikTok that he was told Luminous will run through 2050...

View attachment 758849

Surely Disney doesn't expect to keep the same show playing for 26 years?!
That's longer than ROE!!!! I'm not sure I believe that........

Also, Luminous was in B Mode the last two nights..... No glaring Weather in WSL(that I could see on YT).....Hopefully A mode
Tonight!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom