News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

Does it mean anything that Epcot can run Luminous without the Central Barge? Meaning is the Center Barge a Fair Weather thing?

Wondering that to, it could be more of an add on rather than a major part of the show. Or this test they did wasn’t actually the full completed version.

TTA94

I’m wondering from wdwmagics video cover, obviously the white spotlights shining up in the middle are from the 6 barges, but are the outer spots from the pavilions or the smaller barges?

mattpeto

Not sure what I expected, but it sorta feels like they only lesson they’re learning from Harmonius is not to keep the barges parked out during the day.

Which, like, isn’t nothing, but . . .
Not sure how you have drawn that conclusion unless you’re specifically talking about IP.

This has a central theme with original music with and without instrumental parts.

Let’s see how it plays out…

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are we sure the music we hear in the video is the show audio? I somehow doubt they are using the Be Our Guest from Descendants or the “Something There” in the original BatB.

They were playing BaTB at quite a high volume level at International Gateway to mask the show audio. There are parts between tracks of BaTB where you can hear some of the Luminous show audio.

More details at

jrhwdw

They were playing BaTB at quite a high volume level at International Gateway to mask the show audio. There are parts between tracks of BaTB where you can hear some of the Luminous show audio.

More details at

Interesting words on the Center Barge....... Reminded me of ROE with the Globe during We Go On.

trainplane3

I’m wondering from wdwmagics video cover, obviously the white spotlights shining up in the middle are from the 6 barges, but are the outer spots from the pavilions or the smaller barges?
Inner and outer barges. The outers have a single light on them so they aren't as obvious but you can make them out here:
1699218142972.png

Pavilions:
1699218184884.png

1699218210136.png

1699218224072.png

All barges and pavilions:
1699218296617.png

Those barges are going to make this be a very light dense show.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Inner and outer barges. The outers have a single light on them so they aren't as obvious but you can make them out here:
View attachment 752730
Pavilions:
View attachment 752731
View attachment 752732
View attachment 752733

All barges and pavilions:
View attachment 752734

Those barges are going to make this be a very light dense show.
Yes. One of the things I really like about the new hardware setup is the width it gives to the show across the lagoon. And most importantly, it can be viewed very well from all sides.

doctornick

Yes. One of the things I really like about the new hardware setup is the width it gives to the show across the lagoon. And most importantly, it can be viewed very well from all sides.
Yes. And the hardware looks like it would be easily to modify and use in a different show in the future when they decide to change things up. A much better investment than the tacos and stargate

jrhwdw

Except if you have an island in front of you.... they're nice during the day but the make the Nighttime Spectaculars so far away compared to other places around WSL.

trainplane3

That and while it's literally (I think) the same amount of spotlights Harmonious had, they're so much lower to the water so it should have a better effect when lighting up the sky. The lagoon will feel "alive" instead of having lights on hilariously awkward screens 30ft in the air.

If this show doesn't work out, it's definitely not the infrastructure. They have a very solid foundation to work with if the content still doesn't draw people into Epcot.

Vinnie Mac

I hope they remain that finale untouched.
When I was watching the testing footage I was really impressed but my main concern was if this was gonna be different from what we really get. Harmonious had like twice the pyro and was a more colorful show before pyro cuts happened.

I'm hopeful though because with this show I'm sure Disney is aware that the pyro is the main drive of the show compared to Harmonious where they were almost treated like a bonus if anything

yensidtlaw1969

More details at

That’s encouraging - I had thought the Beauty and the Beast music was part of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom