News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

yeah that's new, there building something new on that barge they obviously don't need that crane in the water any more. It obviously will be absent from tonights test. I wonder if there will be a spherical type of screen, not a new earth barge but something like the old laser barge. If anything I can almost bet on it that that blue racking is for mounting lighting and projection. I wonder if that's the barge the earth once sat on.

Yeah but wdwmagic said there are no projections. Unless he was only referring to the 6 barges.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Yeah but wdwmagic said there are no projections. Unless he was only referring to the 6 barges.
yeah that's what I meant, unless there's a voice narrating the whole time there's got to be some kind of imagery out in the lagoon. Back then before the earth there was a center barge projecting imagery onto the fountains from the center of the lake and I'm assuming that's what will be seeing whether there's a center barge or the barges are self sufficient and have onboard projection or lasers. Just with the way everything is I think there's going to be laser imagery.

TTA94

yeah that's what I meant, unless there's a voice narrating the whole time there's got to be some kind of imagery out in the lagoon. Back then before the earth there was a center barge projecting imagery onto the fountains from the center of the lake and I'm assuming that's what will be seeing whether there's a center barge or the barges are self sufficient and have onboard projection or lasers. Just with the way everything is I think there's going to be laser imagery.

Yeah I hope there is some kind of imagery or projection. I think every Disney nighttime show out there now has some type of projections or screens with the exception of EF, which is one of the major faults of the show imo.

Vinnie Mac

yeah that's new, there building something new on that barge they obviously don't need that crane in the water any more. It obviously will be absent from tonights test. I wonder if there will be a spherical type of screen, not a new earth barge but something like the old laser barge. If anything I can almost bet on it that that blue racking is for mounting lighting and projection. I wonder if that's the barge the earth once sat on.
I think it's either going to be a sphere or a sort of pylon shaped centerpiece not too different from what's at the Epcot entrance

Vinnie Mac

Yeah I hope there is some kind of imagery or projection. I think every Disney nighttime show out there now has some type of projections or screens with the exception of EF, which is one of the major faults of the show imo.
My thought process was that without screens or projections it kind of forces Disney to use the soundtrack to tell the storyline but it would seem strange for a modern era Disney show to NOT have projections or some sort of imagery like you said. Then again Steve has said that this is a more "traditional" firework show so idk!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My thought process was that without screens or projections it kind of forces Disney to use the soundtrack to tell the storyline but it would seem strange for a modern era Disney show to NOT have projections or some sort of imagery like you said. Then again Steve has said that this is a more "traditional" firework show so idk!
Epcot traditional can only mean 2 things, an earth barge or water images. Im good with just fountains, lights, lasers and fireworks. Also the music seems like something out of the 90s- mid 2000’s.

jrhwdw

Forgive me for being picky but is Luminous using EF's 2 High Pyro Bares? Or do they have their own? I know Harm cut one of them last fall except for NYE 2022-2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom