News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Are we really sure something is meant to go in the centre? It seems like any area to dock miscellaneous crew vessels and such?
I think where in for a surprise but not getting my my hopes up, we have yet to see what the imagery is. I also assume there will be laser barge 2.0 at the least unless I’m just not seeing it on the cheese wedges.

Disney Analyst

Is this less testing and more programming? I assume full blown tests will come closer to, and right now they are programming the show.

This also leads me to further believe nothing would be in the centre, if it’s not there already for programming.

(Unless it’s very secret and they only bring it out at night?)

hatbloxghost

Is this less testing and more programming? I assume full blown tests will come closer to, and right now they are programming the show.

This also leads me to further believe nothing would be in the centre, if it’s not there already for programming.

They said there will be pyro in tonight’s testing, otherwise they wouldn't warn hotel guests. Hopefully we get a full test tonight.

hatbloxghost

Same with Wednesday Night but, Steve told us not to expect much from that. Also there's no footage of what actually took place .
This is what I think is gonna happen. I believe it'll at least be a semi-full test because all six barges are out, and seeing that they showed us a music trailer, I think tonight they're gonna record footage for an official trailer that'll come soon. Hopefully I'm right.

TTA94

We haven’t gotten any marina pics lately 🤔 so maybe it is back there.

Squishy

We haven’t gotten any marina pics lately 🤔 so maybe it is back there.
Looks like there is something going on with the harmonious maintenance barge, it does seem to fit the form factor of the center dock.
1699144049438.png

trainplane3

Looks like there is something going on with the harmonious maintenance barge, it does seem to fit the form factor of the center dock.
View attachment 752627
Also the big crane is still there even though the 6 barges have been in the water for about 2 weeks now. It would at least be partially deconstructed by now since those cranes are expensive to rent.

I don't even know why people are questioning the center barge. Steve confirmed there will be one.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

View attachment 752627
That barge not to long ago that barge was an empty platform, there building it up into something. I wouldn't be surprised if this show had a laser barge just to at least provide projection. How old is this picture?

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It's a crop of this pic Bioreconstruct posted today

yeah that's new, there building something new on that barge they obviously don't need that crane in the water any more. It obviously will be absent from tonights test. I wonder if there will be a spherical type of screen, not a new earth barge but something like the old laser barge. If anything I can almost bet on it that that blue racking is for mounting lighting and projection. I wonder if that's the barge the earth once sat on.

stuart

I wonder if posts are being deleted that feature testing footage? 🤔 it wouldn’t surprise me.
That wouldn't happen, and it hasn't before. Testing footage will be allover the place like it was before.

To have that though, you're relying on people actually staying there going for pics and video late at night. The later tests as it builds to full rehearsals will see more of a crowd as it was with Harmonious, and hence more pictures and videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom