News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

I hate to admit it but that sounds like what MK has done before....

I was hoping this Issue would be gone in 2024.........Sigh!!!!!

If Epcot Surprises us all and gets a Hit, will that be enough for 2023/2024? Maybe OUAT should Return Upgraded so MK has something next year????

Thinking about it more it does seem a bit ridiculous to think a night parade would be used as a EU counter. MSEP sure as heck wouldn’t be a draw except for a handful of fans. Now PTN or a brand new parade? Yeah sure it would cause a bigger interest for MK at night, but still I don’t think it would have that significant of a benefit as far as the EU thing.

A new nighttime show at MK, a worthy HEA replacement this time, might be a bigger draw. But I suspect their still to scared to touch HEA. Adding fountains and drones, if possible, might be a benefit.

MagicHappens1971

Thinking about it more it does seem a bit ridiculous to think a night parade would be used as a EU counter. MSEP sure as heck wouldn’t be a draw except for a handful of fans. Now PTN or a brand new parade? Yeah sure it would cause a bigger interest for MK at night, but still I don’t think it would have that significant of a benefit as far as the EU thing.
Yeah, the nostalgia draw for MSEP that works at DL will not work here. Although I think new attractions are a bigger draw for most guests, as much as I would also like a nighttime parade to return to MK.
A new nighttime show at MK, a worthy HEA replacement this time, might be a bigger draw. But I suspect their still to scared to touch HEA. Adding fountains and drones, if possible, might be a benefit.
They’re not going to do away with HEA anytime soon. Maybe add or update the show a smidge, but that’s it.

Mkek22

Hoping for a early to mid December opening for my trip. Visiting with some family that have never been to any Disney park before so would be a great bonus.

MichRX7

Premium Member
While I do have a special place in my heart for MSEP (hint: it is almost as old as me), it is time for them to step up their game and do something more modern to inspire youthful imaginations like MSEP did for me when I was younger. Plus, I don't think I need more video of MSEP, and if I do get nostalgic it is ok since I use the beginning of the soundtrack for the opening of my Christmas show every year. 🤣

PS - Is it wrong of me to have Steamboat Willie driving a train in my show while MSEP music plays?

jrhwdw

When IOA Opened and Potter came to IOA, MSEP was used. It only left when DLR needed it........ So it does turn heads in MK......Granted it shouldn't have stayed longer than Spectro needed the break the last time...........I do think Major Entertainment is where TDO Shines, so it makes sense to counter UOR with what it does best.....

If TDO doesn't touch HEA's Soundtrack, there's no reason why it can't add Fountains, Drones to it.
The real problem is when HEA leaves...Fans will freak out this time because DE got so much(Too Much, IMO)Bad PR...........

MK should have OUAT still in the System somewhere. Why MK is stubborn with not returning it now or adding the Low Pyro Package TDL used for it, IDK!...

MK also seems dead set on the Current Version of FOF and having Full Cast Party Parades......I can't figure that one out either!

Corylancaster

When IOA Opened and Potter came to IOA, MSEP was used. It only left when DLR needed it........ So it does turn heads in MK......Granted it shouldn't have stayed longer than Spectro needed the break the last time...........I do think Major Entertainment is where TDO Shines, so it makes sense to counter UOR with what it does best.....

If TDO doesn't touch HEA's Soundtrack, there's no reason why it can't add Fountains, Drones to it.
The real problem is when HEA leaves...Fans will freak out this time because DE got so much(Too Much, IMO)Bad PR...........

MK should have OUAT still in the System somewhere. Why MK is stubborn with not returning it now or adding the Low Pyro Package TDL used for it, IDK!...

MK also seems dead set on the Current Version of FOF and having Full Cast Party Parades......I can't figure that one out either!
all the acronyms are making my head 🤯

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
all the acronyms are making my head 🤯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom