News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ditto.

So, so happy this disgraceful era of the ‘Mistake On The Lake’ is nearly over.

Looking forward to returning to Epcot and not having to see those blights blocking the designed natural beauty of World Showcase.

Rest in Hell, Tacos and Stargate.
May you never return, even in memory.

-
But what about the millions of people we’ve been told will miss this show???

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
But what about the millions of people we’ve been told will miss this show???
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

RSoxNo1

I still can't believe this is happening, that they are actually scraping this show and its components after just a few years. I'm not sure how much these barges/equipment cost or how much they can sell or reuse them, but wow what a colossal waste of money. For the record, I fully support the removal :)
I used to say things like, "It's a Disney nighttime spectacular, so you know it's going to be good". I feel that they've missed on more of these lately than they've hit upon. Epcot Forever, Harmonious, Rivers of Light, World of Color variants have all underwhelmed.

I'll give them credit for at least identifying the shortcomings despite the expense.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I still can't believe this is happening, that they are actually scraping this show and its components after just a few years. I'm not sure how much these barges/equipment cost or how much they can sell or reuse them, but wow what a colossal waste of money. For the record, I fully support the removal
I saw some hardware in a picture that was removed and it was corroded beyond belief, some of the fountains were rusted thru so it may have been one of those poorly built sets that wouldn’t least into the near future and cost more to reconstruct anyway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw some hardware in a picture that was removed and it was corroded beyond belief, some of the fountains were rusted thru so it may have been one of those poorly built sets that wouldn’t least into the near future and cost more to reconstruct anyway.
They should start preparing to replace Showcase Lagoon's water with mineral oil.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why? I really don't want these big, ugly barges parked out in the middle of any of the other parks.

I think it's a case of sunk costs; they just need to recognise this show with that infrastructure was a big mistake and move on.
Would be much more difficult to see at AK than sticking out so badly at Epcot and the waterway may be big enough to move in/out each day.

I guess I was thinking AK needs a night show and I hate for them to destroy these expensive things so soon but oh well more bad decisions on their part to build them

Still I think a few of these in AK water is better than those kitetails lol

KikoKea

Honestly, I thought the Harmonious after show was absolutely beautiful- simply music and color and very relaxing. However, the barges were a gross mistake and ruined the view, which is what makes World Showcase what it is.

I've wondered if they could do something like CA does with their show- underwater pipes/features that do not mess up the view, yet would allow good views from all angles. (Water screens aren't my favorites, I must admit.)

I'd hate to see that junk in the AK pond, or anywhere else.

TheMaxRebo

Honestly, I thought the Harmonious after show was absolutely beautiful- simply music and color and very relaxing. However, the barges were a gross mistake and ruined the view, which is what makes World Showcase what it is.

I've wondered if they could do something like CA does with their show- underwater pipes/features that do not mess up the view, yet would allow good views from all angles. (Water screens aren't my favorites, I must admit.)

I'd hate to see that junk in the AK pond, or anywhere else.

Not really as at DCA that is a concrete bottom pool really whereas at Epcot is is a natural body of water - man adjusted for sure - with muck and dirt and sea plant life and everything that goes with it

I m an, technically I am sure they could figure something out (they did build WDW in a swamp after all) but would be much harder and not as simple as bringing that tech over

doctornick

Would be much more difficult to see at AK than sticking out so badly at Epcot and the waterway may be big enough to move in/out each day.

I guess I was thinking AK needs a night show and I hate for them to destroy these expensive things so soon but oh well more bad decisions on their part to build them

Still I think a few of these in AK water is better than those kitetails lol
Also the Uni-direction of the stargate would potentially work better there. But yeah I’d only have wanted that if the hardware could move in and out each night rather than be permanently anchored.

Brenthodge

Why the hell do people keep wanting this monstrosity drug over to AK where they already had a purpose built show with WAY better scaled and designed set pieces that they canned and scrapped in about the same amount of time as this failure. Why wouldn’t you just want a better show using the set pieces they had at AK. LET THIS THING DIE ALREADY!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom