Epcot's 'Fountain View' Ice Cream Music (And other WDW music)

larathydo

Original Poster
I was at the Fountain View restaurant this past February, and I heard some new-age style music playing as background music. There maybe were 2 or three songs in total for the loop. Does anyone know what the names of the songs are? It's driving me nuts - I've been trying to find them but I can't seem to find them on iTunes or Amazon. I know EPCOT seems to licence actual artists rather then having made all songs entirely inhouse (by Disney).

Also, I've come across a few CDs that have major theme songs (mostly from major attractions) but I haven't come across CDs on Amazon or songs on iTunes that contain music loops used for ambiance around the parks. Is it even possible to get my hands on said tracks? Is there a site perhaps somewhere that's archived them as MP3s or whatever for historical purposes?

I was just thinking it'd be awesome to gather as many ambient songs / theme songs / whatever music I can from WDW for the drive to the airport when we head there to build anticipation :p

Cmdr_Crimson

I recently asked this question on another site and was lucky they had a playlist before they took it down when they updated their site. I was able to get all the songs but, forgot to put them in the order they were in to create a loop..I'll see if I still have titles of the songs as all of them are commercially available like David Benoit and Yanni music is played in the loop.

To find music not commercially available Mousebits is a good place for this..

rct247

Did a quick search on YouTube and found out that one song apparently is called "Africa" by the artist "Checkerfield". You may consider looking on YouTube for that song and others by the artist to determine if those may be what you are looking for.

Monorail Lime

The playlist was formerly on MagicMusic.net but seems to be missing now. :shrug:

David Benoit - Kei's Song is the one piece of music that I most associate with that area for some reason. I must've been eating a particularly good sundae when it came on. :lol:

larathydo

Original Poster
So does anyone have any idea what the 2/3 tracks that play in the Fountain View ice cream shop are? Eurgh it's driving me nuts.

They sound an awful lot like the New Age style of Yanni (IE similar genre to the music from the old Wonders of Life pavilion, see the below YouTube link...) just a bit more subdued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMFCEm378k&feature=youtu.be&t=2m10s

I wish I would have remembered to use Soundhound / Shazam on my iPhone :(

larathydo

Original Poster
The playlist was formerly on MagicMusic.net but seems to be missing now. :shrug:

David Benoit - Kei's Song is the one piece of music that I most associate with that area for some reason. I must've been eating a particularly good sundae when it came on. :lol:

I recognise that one song now that you mention it, so I guess i'm looking for the other 3. It's too bad that website on MagicMusic.net isn't up anymore...

Cmdr_Crimson

UPDATE
Okay folks..As Mentioned in my Post above I was able to get the Names of all the songs that played in the loop just before magic music updated the playlist section and was removed..However they are not in the order that they are played..And Please remember that these songs are commercially available...Here you go!

Checkfield - Africa
Checkfield - Sundial
David Benoit - Kei's Song
David Benoit - Every Step Of The Way
David Lanz & Paul Speer - Behind The Waterfall
Fred Simon - Usually/Always
Patrick O'Hearn - Acadia
Patrick O'Hearn - Homeward Bound
Peter Scott & Richard Schönerz - Wishing Well
Philippe Saisse - Ramaeu's Nephew
Solaris Vol 1 - Within Attraction
Montreux - To Be
Yanni - Paths Of Water
Yanni - Sand Dance
Yanni - Swept Away

larathydo

Original Poster
UPDATE
Okay folks..As Mentioned in my Post above I was able to get the Names of all the songs that played in the loop just before magic music updated the playlist section and was removed..However they are not in the order that they are played..And Please remember that these songs are commercially available...Here you go!

Checkfield - Africa
Checkfield - Sundial
David Benoit - Kei's Song
David Benoit - Every Step Of The Way
Fred Simon - Usually/Always
Patrick O'Hearn - Acadia
Patrick O'Hearn - Homeward Bound
Peter Scott & Richard Schönerz - Wishing Well
Philippe Saisse - Ramaeu's Nephew
Solaris Vol 1 - Within Attraction
Montreux - To Be
Yanni - Paths Of Water
Yanni - Sand Dance
Yanni - Swept Away

YES! Cmdr_Crimson, you rock! I bolded / linked to the songs on youtube that I was thinking about. I only noticed those three songs while in Fountain View, but perhaps there were more in the loop then I recall?

I do remember some of those other songs playing in the other parts of innovention hallways that weren't exhibit space (IE that hallway that used to run by the old museum-style exhibit of Epcot's history).

Thanks again!

Communicore

A part of the 90's Tommorowland Loop which I heard daily while working at Cosmic's! I still have that entire loop on my iPod and iPhone as it is the best!

SirNim

This thread intrigues me... so there's a totally unique commercially-available new-age-style Innoventions/Future World central loop that isn't the classic Arkenstone/Brower Plaza+FW environs loop. Intriguing... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom