epcot's demise

scottvicki

Original Poster
on a recent trip to epcot i could'nt believe how bad the park looked. the living seas was very deteriorated and in need of painting. the wonders of life pavilion had headsets that did not work and glass that had'nt been cleaned in a long time. most of the park looked dirty and poorly maintained. is disney trying to squeeze every dime out of the park it can or is this just one more nail in epcots coffin. it is begining to look less like the experimental prototype community of tommorrow and more like the experimental commontype thrill park of today.

raven

Sometime, we as Disney "experts", seem to notice these things a little more then other guests. Indeed they have some areas that need to be updated, rehabed or just need a fresh coat of paint. But compared to other theme parks that I have seen, Disney is still the best. :animwink:

speck76

I would say, except for the lingering hurricane related issues (like trees that hadto be cut down or removed) the park looks pretty nice.....and quitea bit better than it did last year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. Over the last few years it seems that Disney has cut back on their maintenance staff. As of late it appears that they have seen the error of their ways and the parks are slowly coming back to their former glory. Hopefully this continues past the 50th celebration.

Dayma

raven said:
Sometime, we as Disney "experts", seem to notice these things a little more then other guests. Indeed they have some areas that need to be updated, rehabed or just need a fresh coat of paint. But compared to other theme parks that I have seen, Disney is still the best. :animwink:

IMO this is 100% accurate. I take my family down there and they NEVER notice these things unless I point it out.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
scottvicki said:
on a recent trip to epcot i could'nt believe how bad the park looked. the living seas was very deteriorated and in need of painting. the wonders of life pavilion had headsets that did not work and glass that had'nt been cleaned in a long time. most of the park looked dirty and poorly maintained. is disney trying to squeeze every dime out of the park it can or is this just one more nail in epcots coffin. it is begining to look less like the experimental prototype community of tommorrow and more like the experimental commontype thrill park of today.

It amazes me how allot of time new posters come on these boards and are doom and gloomers right off the bat.....bad show. Bad Show!!!

wannab@dis

hakunamatata said:
It amazes me how allot of time new posters come on these boards and are doom and gloomers right off the bat.....bad show. Bad Show!!!

Yep, it is amazing. You would think their first posts would be a little happier! :rolleyes:

wannab@dis

DopeysGirl1226 said:
Wasen't there something posted on wdwmagic a long time ago about "Project Gemini" and how Disney was going to try to re-vamp the park?

a few pieces have been picked out and compled / planned, but for the most part, that project was killed off. do a search and you will find plenty of reading.

TheBig2er

Yeah New posters shouldnt come on here and be negative off the bat. they have to earn the right to post like 99% of the people on here. All this site has become is a Disney bashing site. most people on here just moan about everything. Go to any Amusement park in the world and then go to Disney...There is no comparison. Quit moaning every two seconds when you see a piece of paint cracked. This site is becoming the Whiniest place on earth. I got engaged there, had my honeymoon there, had a family reunion there, and I wouldnt trade any of those experiences for any others in the world. The staff and the production are first rate and yet if someone doesnt give you exactly what you want when you want it, Disney is on the Decline. Most of you just think you are Disney fans, but you aren't. Most of you go there looking for problems, where there arent any. Does it really matter if a chunk of paint is missing in the corner of a bathroom stall? No. So don't write about it. That place is the closest thing to perfection there is so if you dont like it, keep your money and stay at home.

PS. I LOVE UNIVERSAL AND IOA AS WELL AS DISNEY!!!!!!

Wicked Queen

TheBig2er said:
Yeah New posters shouldnt come on here and be negative off the bat. they have to earn the right to post like 99% of the people on here. All this site has become is a Disney bashing site. most people on here just moan about everything. Go to any Amusement park in the world and then go to Disney...There is no comparison. Quit moaning every two seconds when you see a piece of paint cracked. This site is becoming the Whiniest place on earth. I got engaged there, had my honeymoon there, had a family reunion there, and I wouldnt trade any of those experiences for any others in the world. The staff and the production are first rate and yet if someone doesnt give you exactly what you want when you want it, Disney is on the Decline. Most of you just think you are Disney fans, but you aren't. Most of you go there looking for problems, where there arent any. Does it really matter if a chunk of paint is missing in the corner of a bathroom stall? No. So don't write about it. That place is the closest thing to perfection there is so if you dont like it, keep your money and stay at home.

PS. I LOVE UNIVERSAL AND IOA AS WELL AS DISNEY!!!!!!

couldn't agree more! It's one thing to discuss which attractions you wish were still around or complain about wasted space here and there but paint jobs and maintanence?

It is true that Future World is lacking some TLC, but I must commend World Showcase. I think that WS is probably the cleanest part of WDW, and for some reason, smells the best. Maybe it's the cologne in Canada, maybe it's the food, can't quite put my finger on it, but anyone else agree? (Even the rank English food doesn't taint the rest of UK)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
adamthegetupkid said:
It is true that Future World is lacking some TLC, but I must commend World Showcase. I think that WS is probably the cleanest part of WDW, and for some reason, smells the best. Maybe it's the cologne in Canada, maybe it's the food, can't quite put my finger on it, but anyone else agree? (Even the rank English food doesn't taint the rest of UK)
Oh yes! I love WS and the smell has to be all the food.

nibblesandbits

scottvicki said:

I have to say that I think Disney is doing a pretty decent job of trying to keep their parks in tip top shape. I mean sure, we all want the parks to look immaculate, but that's just not gonna happen. First of all, we're dealing with the fact that paint is constantly going to be chipping and fading b/c it is being exposed to the elements. I mean it's gotta be tough to fix all of that when the parks are open 365 days a year and are open sometimes over a good 12 hours a day. The next thing that is a factor is that there are always going to be those people who think that they can do whatever they want and someone else will clean up after them. I know I've seen people leaving their trash sitting on tables or throwing it on the ground b/c they didn't care. So yeah...the parks may seem a bit dirtier than they have been in the past, but remember, it's still being more taken care of than a lot of other places!

Sloan

we were spoiled

I will agree that some of the intense criticisim can be depressing, and the complaints can get old fast. However, Disney set the standard, and for some of us who have been going since WDW opened, we recall the parks when they were brand new and pristine, and the time when Disney made an EXTRAORDINARY effort to keep them looking just like new. That amazing care was and is an important part of the Disney "magic" for some of us, and I too have felt let down when I've seen things that have decayed in to a less-than-perfect and/or decidedly "non-Disneyesqe" state of disrepair. Fortunately, that's still the exception, and I still treasure every day I get to spend there ...

Captain Hank

I would actually tend to agree with Master Yoda's previous idea that we are currently in an upswing as far as maintenance goes. It's been worse, and I've seen it getting better over time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom