Epcot yesterday - Tour Groups as far as the eye can see

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I took these photos in the space of 5 minutes at Epcot yesterday. The tour groups are here in very large numbers right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2613 (1 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2613 (1 of 6).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_2616 (2 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2616 (2 of 6).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_2617 (3 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2617 (3 of 6).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_2618 (4 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2618 (4 of 6).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_2619 (5 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2619 (5 of 6).jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_2620 (6 of 6).jpg
    IMG_2620 (6 of 6).jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 561

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WE did not run into any last weekend but we saw several tour buses dropping off at our resort when we were leaving for home on Monday. Looks like we escaped just in the nick of time.

JimboJones123

We have come across over a hundred tour groups in the past week with no problems. Guess what, they bring in more money than us sad repressed Americans.

So, unless you can afford to out pay what they are paying, it will continue.

I find it funny how every time prices go up, the boards erupt in anger yet it isn't stopping international business at all. I would venture to say, with locals in blackout, 1/4-1/3 of guests are from out of the country this year. More than I have ever seen. For sure.

If you really hate the tour groups, don't come in January. these groups are small. 15-30. In January, many are 50-100 people.

Since1976

I'm helping plan a big family reunion trip to WDW next year -- complete with matching shirts. After numerous run-ins with walls of annoying kids on many trips to WDW, I declared the following when we began the planning: "First rule of the tour group: SPLIT UP the tour group."

The plan is to take a group shot in front of the major icons (Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, etc) and then split into groups of 4 or 5.

If I see any of us in pictures on this forum, I will have failed. :shrug:

RICKY MOUSE

As a person who lives close to wdw (1 mile away) i hear and see all kinds of behind the scene activities including all the tour groups at local wal-mart stores being dropped of by the bus load and running throughout the stores. Lets all remember that wdw is the #1 tourist attraction in thr world and you should never be surprised by anything you see at wdw. I have learned to over look tour groups as well as other individuals who dont know how to act and go on and enjoy myself at the parks. Just remember wdw is a business and welcomes anybody who is willing to spend their money.

Kirk88

We ran into the tour groups 2 weeks ago as well. It cracked us up though when we would see tour guides walking aroung with flags in the air and talking on the phone with no tour group following.

NYwdwfan

Exactly where my mind was going. Glad I'm not the only one. I see mostly cute girls in short shorts -- "No really, after you."

I've told this story before but it bears repeating...

My husband got a great big hug from a Brazilian girl that came up behind him and thought he was with her group because he had on the same bright green shirt. He STILL tells the story - I think it was the highlight of his trip :rolleyes:.

My advice...get yourself a brightly colored shirt and make some friends! :lol:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Speaking of tour groups, when did they start carrying large inflatable objects instead of their flags? I'm in WDW right now and have never seen these before. I was down in February and didn't see them.

They're bright yellow and look like thunder sticks with a ball at the end of them.

wilkeliza

The only thing I hate about the groups is when the try to all fast pass at the same time. The other thing I hate is when a group of them is like "oh oh my group is ahead can I skip?" I always let them know that they can not skip because the rest of their group is ahead. If they want to ride the ride at the same time they should all get in line at the same time. I did have a great group last year that they let us go ahead of them so they could all go together on Haunted Mansion. A lot of these groups are polite but others are obnoxious.

Rook26

I've told this story before but it bears repeating...

My husband got a great big hug from a Brazilian girl that came up behind him and thought he was with her group because he had on the same bright green shirt. He STILL tells the story - I think it was the highlight of his trip :rolleyes:.

My advice...get yourself a brightly colored shirt and make some friends! :lol:

If WDWMAGIC had a like button. This would get it. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom