Epcot yesterday - Tour Groups as far as the eye can see

Victor Kelly

How are they any worse than cheerleaders that constantly practice their cheers while in line. Oh Whatev, I'm like totally hungry and some junk.

"The sun, I swear, Its bleaching out my gorgeous hair." LOL.

puntagordabob

Then at MK after the 4th of July Fireworks they began singing the Brazilian National Anthem. I found it somewhat offensive, and began singing the Star Spangled Banner, .

Those who did that should have been booted from the park though I suppose that would have been difficult due to the time and place but still they would have deserved it.... I wonder how that would have worked out for those rude folks in a less tolerant country?

puntagordabob

Our encounters with the Brazilian tour groups (since that nationality seems to be the primary one discussed here) have actually always been nice..... though it can be difficult to converse since I do not know the Portuguese language, through a mixture of english and spanish (which has some similarities to portuguese) I can usually have a basic conversation.

Yeah some bad apples exist I know....but there are some bad apples to be found everywhere!!

Try smiling and striking up a conversation!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Those who did that should have been booted from the park though I suppose that would have been difficult due to the time and place but still they would have deserved it.... I wonder how that would have worked out for those rude folks in a less tolerant country?

How many people even realized what they were singing?

I certainly would NOT recognize the Brazilian National Anthem. (in fact I probably have never even thought about them having one:shrug:)

olinecoach61

While they can be annoying, I have not had any real negative interactions with the brazilian tour groups, in fact once we had a nice conversation and ended up taking pics with one group.

JimboJones123

Let's do a test here. I've been in town for 16 days and have seen hundreds of of tour groups. Never a problem with any. In fact they seem MUCH happier than the average guest.

Now on the other side I have been screamed at, shoved, and cut in front of by dozens of clean cut English speaking red blooded Americans.

In fact, unless I was foolish to hop in line behind them, they actually take up much less space than average guests. They are small, not over weight and stand very close to each other. It felt dead on Sunset today while 5 groups peppered the area.

Kirk88

The bad thing is that it only takes a few to ruin it for folks. I'm not trying to point fingers at the 'out of town' tour groups. Trust me, I've had plenty of negative encounters at theme parks (to include WDW) with folks from right here in the USA. The 'Brazilian-experience' was just our most recent.

I know this isn't about Epcot but after what just happened to ne, I HAD to post. I'm currently in Magic Kingdom and just got off Splash Mountain. Unfortunately we had the pleasure of sitting in a flume with a group of Brazilians. As soon as we set off they began singing a totally different song, clapping loudly and splashing my family. We tried to ignore it but it got so bad that we turned around and asked them to please stop. They didn't. Once again I tried to ignore them but it gets to the point where it's absolutely obnoxious and it ruins your entire ride. Then at the end of the drop during the finale, the girl behind my mother began pushing her and then pretending it wasn't her when it was clearly obvious. Sorry for the long story, I just had to vent! It ruined our whole ride experience :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know this isn't about Epcot but after what just happened to ne, I HAD to post. I'm currently in Magic Kingdom and just got off Splash Mountain. Unfortunately we had the pleasure of sitting in a flume with a group of Brazilians. As soon as we set off they began singing a totally different song, clapping loudly and splashing my family. We tried to ignore it but it got so bad that we turned around and asked them to please stop. They didn't. Once again I tried to ignore them but it gets to the point where it's absolutely obnoxious and it ruins your entire ride. Then at the end of the drop during the finale, the girl behind my mother began pushing her and then pretending it wasn't her when it was clearly obvious. Sorry for the long story, I just had to vent! It ruined our whole ride experience :(

I certainly hope you reported their bad behavior. If not, then they will feel they have carte blanche to continue their rudeness.

puntagordabob

if they had pushed one of my family members Id of certainly reported them to the CM......wonder if that would technically be a crime in fact??

mp2bill

Awesome!

Hope they had a great time.

Yeah, I don't understand the big deal. Besides large number of people trying to get on the same ride at the same time (which you can avoid), what's the difference between 30 people in a tour group and 30 people on their own?

GatorGuy

How many people even realized what they were singing?

I certainly would NOT recognize the Brazilian National Anthem. (in fact I probably have never even thought about them having one:shrug:)

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

I speak some Spanish, which is very similar to the Portuguese Language and was able to pick up what they were saying, they were saying something about "Beloved Land, Amongst Others, its you Brazil!" and after they finished they were chanting "Brazil!", If it aint the Natnl. Anthem idk what it is.

Communicore

When I worked at Cosmic's and I was assigned to drinks our cashier would ring up a ticket and all it says on it is "BIG ORDER" in anticipation of the groups, and then the order would be for like 450 cheeseburgers/fries and orange soda with no ice. Those are always fun.

Korfar

While they can be annoying, I have not had any real negative interactions with the brazilian tour groups, in fact once we had a nice conversation and ended up taking pics with one group.

How many tour groups? Oh a Brazilian. Thats a lot. :ROFLOL:

Sorry, inside joke. Had to share it with WDWMAGIC world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom