Epcot Update 11/26/2005

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I feel that any skywriting over Disney property is rather humourous... albeit inappropriate.

However, given that the message was originated off property, and the US has the first amendment, I see nothing wrong with it. Just my usual internal conflicts.

That having been said,

WHY ARE PEOPLE DISCUSSING RELIGION, GIVEN THAT IT IS A TABOO TOPIC ON THIS WEBSITE?!?!?!

dxwwf3

Exactly mkt. I totally agree with the above statement.

Enough Christian bashing please. I know it's hard for some of you to be respectful, but at least try.

TOTGuy

Thank-you MKT and dxwwf3
In Texas it seems that all people do is argue about whose religion is right and whose is wrong. I would prefer to be able to escape that here. Put a sock in it! I am sick of arguing.

mkt

Premium Member
They can't shoot down planes that aren't over their property ;)

speck76

Original Poster
Rotel1026 said:
To those arguing that it's fine. How would you feel if an atheist paid to have something written there. Or what if the local Hooters paid to have "Eat at Hooters" skywritten up there?

That was already mentioned.........wake up

speck76

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Enough Christian bashing please. I know it's hard for some of you to be respectful, but at least try.

ahhh......it works both ways...PLEASE remember that :)

PhotoDave219

Speck... youre not suggesting we refrain from forcing our views on People who just happen to be forcing their views on us, show we?

Just wondering... and the sky writer was back. Where's Kevin Berry's air force when you need them?

speck76

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
Speck... youre not suggesting we refrain from forcing our views on People who just happen to be forcing their views on us, show we?

What would the response be if someone wrote "We came from Monkeys" or "Homosexuality is genetic" above Epcot.....my guess is that the Jesus freaks would freak out, and they would not see the messages as so benign.

ECurto

Teenchy said:
I know that I always see post from people That say "leave religion out of this site" but it always seems its the non-christians brining it up to make fun ....
God Bless all of you- Have a Wonderfull Christmas!:xmas:

Wow...you scare me... You can’t say lets respect each others, while telling us to believe what you believe. You don’t want me imposing my wishes on you, do the same. B/c I could say how more wars are fought over this catholic religion. Or how it is a faith that preaches hate, a faith that is full of corruption, and a faith that would rather let millions die then use a steam cell to heal. Oh yea and most importantly it’s a faith that for some unknown reason runs this country as if it’s superior. So much for separation of church and state. I was raised catholic my whole life. Wasn’t until I decided to think for myself, I realized that God favors no group. Only religions do that.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
ahhh......it works both ways...PLEASE remember that :)

When have I made fun of non-Christians or other religions on this site? Please find a quote if I have and I can apologize for it.

mkt

Premium Member
PhotoDave219 said:
Just wondering... and the sky writer was back. Where's Kevin Berry's air force when you need them?

Dave, I asked good ole Uncle John about this, and he in turn asked Kevin "Investigate This" Beary about this. The FAA flight plans filed were for just off property. Since the pilot never actually went over the no-fly zones, he was perfectly legal.

wdwjmp239

Pumpkin Phoenix said:
My friend called me from Epcot and told me about the skywriting.
Doesn't Disney World have restricted airspace preventing others from flying overhead, because I doubt that Disney would write those messages in the sky.
Well anyway, great photos!
I wish I was there! :cry:

We saw some other types of writing on Friday afternoon like "LOVE", so I wonder if they were writing "LOVE JESUS." Hmmmm....

mkt

Premium Member
speck76 said:
With all due respect Rob.....you are not a moderator

Neither are you, however I've seen plenty of people banned for this topic. I'm just trying to keep people from getting banned.

speck76 said:
Please drop the large font.

small enough?

wdwjmp239

speck76 said:
With all due respect Rob.....you are not a moderator

Please drop the large font.

Even though the large font does represent "shouting" in the lovely cyberworld we call The Internet, his bold red font does bring out the black border around my Dell 19" Flat Panel monitor. His red fonts do make this discussion board "pop."

I'm not an interior designer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom