Rumor Epcot to gain signature steakhouse and seafood venue in Japan Pavillion?

Robbiem

OMG How many dining optins does that pavilion need? They have the Teppan Edo upstairs and the Tokyo Dining, The Katsura Grill out in the garden, a Beer cart and additional permanant food vending on the Esplanade... that is more than enough. How about another location in the UK? or Canada? Or a real dining venue in the American Pavilion that is not burgers and fast food...a real dining experience.
another steakhouse restaurant in the Japan pavilion is just ridiculous

I agree it would be nice to have more variety. A TS in the American Adventure would be a good addition

larandtra

I would rather see more food options than attractions on the WS side of things. Clean up and make Future world a better place for attractions, but, another good food option at WS isnt a bad thing. At the end of the day, they need to improve some of the existing food locations drastically, but, also need to add more options. Because we eat at Springs, resorts, and some park restaurants, Epcot could benefit from some more choices. The problem I have at WS right now is that I wont set foot into 60% of the restaurants there. The ones that are good are very good or above. The ones that are bad are terribly bad. There really isnt a middle ground. So Im not opposed to this nor a brazilian steakhouse in a new pavillion. Not a fan of the pavillion choice, but, lets see what they do before I make my own judgements. Attractions are nice, but, I go to the WS area to eat, drink, walk around and relax. Enjoy adult beverages in the lounges or bar areas, shop, enjoy the culture of the differing countries. Talk to the cast members. I dont mind frozen being there, wont mind Remy or Poppins. But, we dont need rides in every country, regardless of how great that sounds. Give me more atmosphere and solid "Authentic" food choices.

jt04

I would rather see no more food options. There’s another 2, maybe 3 TSRs planned. Possibly another two on that. Enough already.

It’s a theme park not a food court. Although the company doesn't know quite what it is anymore.

They should cease trying to be a science and technology museum. The script will then write its own self. IMO.

Tavernacle12

It's super weird that it's in Japan. If you're going to add another TSR why not do it someplace that doesn't already have multiple? Are Japan's quick sell-outs?
I'd have suggested Norway (non-Princess option), Canada (less expensive option), or England (Scotland or Ireland focused option).

castlecake2.0

OMG How many dining optins does that pavilion need? They have the Teppan Edo upstairs and the Tokyo Dining, The Katsura Grill out in the garden, a Beer cart and additional permanant food vending on the Esplanade... that is more than enough. How about another location in the UK? or Canada? Or a real dining venue in the American Pavilion that is not burgers and fast food...a real dining experience.
another steakhouse restaurant in the Japan pavilion is just ridiculous

While I agree with you, the reason probably why is because Disney fully owns those pavilions listed and have no sponsor for them, while Japan is an operating participant with an outside company paying the bill to build anything new. I would love a table service in America or more options in Canada/UK too though.

matt9112

Just have the OLC sponsor the Japanese pavilion. Boom problem solved.

that's a stupid good idea really! I mean set up a DVC type store a small indoor thing slightly larger than regular DVC booth that can set you up with TDL tickets and pricing and planning.... and in turn they can sponsor. IMHO a circle vision style (but just new tech) theater to eat up guests and further push the travel to Japan and reproduce because we're all dieing agenda. ok I kid but really a nice visit us show and than a real ride like the fuji thing or even something smaller. so two attractions and a fancy DVC style thing.

FullSailDan

I would rather see no more food options. There’s another 2, maybe 3 TSRs planned. Possibly another two on that. Enough already.

It’s a theme park not a food court. Although the company doesn't know quite what it is anymore.

I think for the average park guest, yes. But for us locals... it's easier than the trip to winter park! I'd love a refresh of the countries "attractions" though to give me something to wander through from dinner to Illuminations. I really do think we, the locals, keep the world showcase packed. I know the springs was specifically setup to relieve some of that pressure, but the demand hasnt gone down enough, and we're seeing some retread ground at the springs with several pizza places, burgers galore, and a lot that's really high end and therefor priced too high. Miraculously, the world showcase isn't priced horribly, though I think the quality of food and service has gone down. The old Teppanyaki was waaay better, Le Celier is too focused on turn and burn, and chefs de France seems like it just doesn't try anymore...Or is that just the waiters?

I agree with you though, I'm actually all for more attractions in the world showcase. FEA wasn't the right choice, but I'm hopeful for Ratatouille, whatever goes in the UK, and the Japanophile in me dreams for the day they green light a Mt Fuji ride or dark ride based around the traditional yokai/monsters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...hmmm...I would think that an influx of restaurants would be on deck...not sure this place and description makes a lot of sense. Unless Mitsukoshi is forking over the cash...that would be a no brainer.

drcasey

I would rather see more food options than attractions on the WS side of things. Clean up and make Future world a better place for attractions, but, another good food option at WS isnt a bad thing. At the end of the day, they need to improve some of the existing food locations drastically, but, also need to add more options. Because we eat at Springs, resorts, and some park restaurants, Epcot could benefit from some more choices. The problem I have at WS right now is that I wont set foot into 60% of the restaurants there. The ones that are good are very good or above. The ones that are bad are terribly bad. There really isnt a middle ground. So Im not opposed to this nor a brazilian steakhouse in a new pavillion. Not a fan of the pavillion choice, but, lets see what they do before I make my own judgements. Attractions are nice, but, I go to the WS area to eat, drink, walk around and relax. Enjoy adult beverages in the lounges or bar areas, shop, enjoy the culture of the differing countries. Talk to the cast members. I dont mind frozen being there, wont mind Remy or Poppins. But, we dont need rides in every country, regardless of how great that sounds. Give me more atmosphere and solid "Authentic" food choices.

Just out of curiosity what are some of the bad ones? Must research for upcoming trip

Next Big Thing

There's obviously demand if they keep planning/building new restaurants (in a area of the park that has about the same amount of Table Service restaurants as Disney Springs, no less).

I think new restaurants are fine if the demand is there, new attractions just need not be forgotten is the key.

lentesta

Premium Member
This is back where the sake bar used to be? Stopped by there on Wednesday and that area is closed off now.

On our dining surveys, the average WDW restaurant gets 89% approval from our readers. Standard deviation is less than 0.1 on 140K+ surveys in the past 12 months.

Katsura Grill is at 85%.
Tokyo Dining is at 86%.
Teppan Edo is at 92%.

My guess is that management sees "steak and rice" dishes as the most popular Japanese cuisine for this market, and is expanding to address that. I'd expect Tokyo Dining to get smaller after the new place opens. Just a hunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom