Epcot stuff from 7/3....Say Hello to Asimo

speck76

Original Poster
Just got back from Epcot...

A few things:

WoL is still closed, and guest relations said they do not expect it to open this summer at all....not good news.

The construction walls from in front of The Land and Mission Space have been taken down, new wall are in place near the East Breezeway water play area and near HISTA fountain area.

Tom Morrows playground has reopened at Innoventions west Picture

The big news from Epcot is the arrival of the Asimo demonstration in the World Showplace. The show is presented thoughout the day and runs about 1/2 hour. It is pretty neat, and very Epcot.

Some pics:

World Showplace

Waiting area

World Showplace interior

Stage

Say hello to ASIMO

For more pics, check out My Gallery

Enderikari

You must have missed me Speck, I spent most of the day at Epcot, as well and just two more things to add....

1. Illuminations Fireworks seemed very very very toned down. I know this was already reported, but seeing the "Cost-efficient" show was more depressing than I thought it would be.

2. For July 3rd and 4th, after Illuminations is a special patriotic show of projection on SSE of various patriotic themes with great music, such as the song from Mr. Hollands Opus and Freedom by Paul McCartney.

speck76

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
You must have missed me Speck, I spent most of the day at Epcot, as well and just two more things to add....

1. Illuminations Fireworks seemed very very very toned down. I know this was already reported, but seeing the "Cost-efficient" show was more depressing than I thought it would be.

2. For July 3rd and 4th, after Illuminations is a special patriotic show of projection on SSE of various patriotic themes with great music, such as the song from Mr. Hollands Opus and Freedom by Paul McCartney.

I left Epcot at 8:30ish and went to the MK until 11ish...I used to never miss ROE, but since they have toned it down, I prefer Wishes.

the-reason14

You mean WOL is going to be closed all summer. Dang, I wanted to go back in there and ride Body wars for my very first time. And see cranium command, and see the making of me.

Last Christmas when we went down there, It was our first time going to the WOL in a couple a years. And it was a very very relaxing setting compared to the crowds that Christmas time attracts.

General Grizz

p.s. Looks like that tunnel leading to Tom Morrow's playground reflects the original Rainbow Corridor from the upstairs Image Works. There's so much in Innoventions I haven't done.

SirNim

General Grizz said:
p.s. Looks like that tunnel leading to Tom Morrow's playground reflects the original Rainbow Corridor from the upstairs Image Works. There's so much in Innoventions I haven't done.
Thought the same thing...

For July 3rd and 4th, after Illuminations is a special patriotic show of projection on SSE of various patriotic themes...
Gotta love that news.... There is nothing in this world I love quite so much as a visual projection on SE...

WoL is still closed, and guest relations said they do not expect it to open this summer at all....not good news.
Not good news indeed... :(

Asimo's lookin' EPCOTee-licious too! Truly keeping in spirit with the vision of Epcot. And also glad to get some use out of WSP again!

TinkerBell9988

I thought the same thing about the Rainbow tunnel, I have to visit Innoventions next week, I haven't been there in so long.

I'm not very happy to hear that WoL will not be open for the summer, I was looking forward to visiting it when I head up there next week, but I guess I'll have to survive :( .

Thanks for the news on ASIMO, I can't wait to see it!

DarkMeasures

The Innoventions Rainbow Tunnel has been there since I believe 2000. But Tom Morrows Playground I think opened in 2003 or 2002, I forgot which one. It is nowhere near as cool as the Imagination Tunnel was though. But at least there is free DDR (or used to be).

Anyway, I am surprised at how different Millenium Village looks since 2000. All empty, no more exhibits.

raven

I'm glad they are using the World Showplace building for something now. It was kinda depressing to know that they used the building for 1 year then it sat empty all this time.

But as far as the ASIMO thing goes, isn't it kinda out of place in the World Showcase? Oh well. At least it's something different. :animwink:

speck76

Original Poster
They are kind of limited in what the building can be used for...it is pretty much just a convention center type building, altough they could use the building for a dark ride or something of that nature.

Although this is out of place in the World Showcase, the feeling of the show was very "Epcot" and it is good to see them providing these forward thinking demonstrations.

friendofgoofy

I do to wish disney could use the old convition hall for some kind of ride in a way or two. it would be a awsome night or dark ride. well just some Ideas

Kevin

speck76 said:

I thought WoL just changed sponsors within the last couple years. I must be thinking of something else. Did they just recently lose the sponsor?

There seems to be a place for non-thrills on the East side of Future World.

speck76

Original Poster
Kevin said:
I thought WoL just changed sponsors within the last couple years. I must be thinking of something else. Did they just recently lose the sponsor?

There seems to be a place for non-thrills on the East side of Future World.

The lost sponsorship a few years ago, but did not get a new sponsor.

Figment1986

This is not good... if the crowds were larger that weekend, they should have opened WOL.... it is a good people eater...

(If it doesn't open by winter... worst case... it was doomed to be gutted and replaced/torn down I hope the place gets soemrthing at least... it should be enjoyed.)

stingrock23

Asimo : not to be confused with A.W.E.S.O.M.E.-O. 4000

I dont' understand why WOL isn't open with the busy summer crowds. They could at least open it up for Cranium Command and Body Wars.

degrassi26

friendofgoofy said:
I do to wish disney could use the old convition hall for some kind of ride in a way or two. it would be a awsome night or dark ride. well just some Ideas
very good idea, and one that should be done. what is asimo?:rolleyes: i'm a little out of the loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom