EPCOT Resort choice?

mbaker1277

We have stayed at the BWI the past 3 years and LOVED it, but want to try something different this year. We aren't interested in the Swan or Dolphin, so basically all that leaves is the YC/BC. Is there a big difference between the two? How hard is it to refill a mug there(it was a pain at the BWI)? Do you think it is worth the money for a waterview?
We will be travelling with our 7 yr. old daughter, and I have celiac disease, so dining choices are fairly important to us. Any help? Thanks!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Remember, if you make dining ressies they can accomodate most any dietary requirment at most restaurants. Just let them know at the time of booking.

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

Original Poster
Thanks! I also need variety for a quick meal (usually breakfast) or a snack, like fresh fruit or salads. Unfortunately I can't eat any bread, pasta, cake, or fried foods, so I am out of luck at most places. I don't know how hard it would be at either resort to get these things.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The Yacht/Beach share a really nice store/food place. They make fresh food stuff there so I assume they'd probably have the fruits. It's one of the biggest on property so it's your best bet in those terms.

I think a waterview would be nice but not particularly important. If i recall correctly, Beach Club is closer to Epcot's international gateway than Yacht, so that might help you decide. I could be thinking backwards though ;)

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

mousermerf said:
I think a waterview would be nice but not particularly important. If i recall correctly, Beach Club is closer to Epcot's international gateway than Yacht, so that might help you decide. I could be thinking backwards though ;)
You're right, Beach Club is closer to Epcot.

Another big plus for YC/BC is their pool. It's like a mini waterpark all on its own. Not any real difference in ammenities between the two places. It's mostly decor. YC is a little darker, more stately. BC is more vibrant and I feel a little more casual.

It's easier to fill a mug than at BW. And you can find a wide variety of quick food from Beaches and Cream To Go. It's located on the Beach Club side, but I still think you have to walk outside under a covered walkway to get to it from either hotel.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

mbaker1277 said:
Do you think it is worth the money for a waterview?
Depends on what you want to look at. The YC water view will look mostly at BWI with a slight possibility of looking at park of World Showcase. You might see part of the Eiffle Tower. The BC water view will looks mostly at the other side of BWV with the Swan looming behind it.
The waterviews at either don't offer a good view of part of a park like water views at MK resorts do. But Boardwalk is pretty, especially all lit up at night. So it's all your preference.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'm sure you already know this, but in case you don't...

go to allearsnet.com, which is the best...er, 2nd best...er...amongst the best unofficial disney websites you'll find. Under "accomodations" you'll find a FAQ sheet and pics of every resort, including the YC/BC. Under "dining" you'll find sample menus from every full-service & counter-service restaurant in WDW, separated by location. So all the YC/BC menus will be in one location. You'll also be able to look at menus for BWI, Swan & Dolphin so you'll at least know if the nearby restaurants have accessible dining options all the time, OR if you'll need to call ahead so they can prepare something for you.

On the plus side, I do believe YC & BC will all have mini-fridges, giving you the option of having some food handy. Staying at a Beach Club Villa will also give you a kitchenette (fridge AND a microwave-Whoo-hoo!), but from what I understand, their views leave a lot to be desired, and you wind up with a lot of nearby traffic noise.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

The first time we stayed at the Beach Club we had the standard view, to our surprise and delight we had a balcony that faced Epcot. We could watch the Illuminations fireworks from our balcony.

Upvote 0

JKovach

Account Suspended
I have probably stayed at over 70 hotels in my life (20 years) no lie...

Beach Club ranks second only to the Westin on Maui in Hawaii...

So, besides paradise... Beach Club is the best hotel i've ever stayed at... I LOVE IT!!!

Yacht is basically same thing, only it FEELS more formal, whereas Beach Club just feels casual, fun, and relaxing...

and it IS closer to Epcot... and closer if you're gonna walk to Boardwalk!

STAY AT BEACH CLUB, I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE UPSET!!!

enjoy!

Upvote 0

justducky78

We've stayed at the Dolphin (twice) and Yacht Club (once) but we prefer the YC or BC as it's closer to Epcot, the pool is great and we just like the "feel" of the resort better.

The Dolphin is great, too - but it's so HUGE that it's almost overwhelming and they seem to have A LOT of conventions. The last time we stayed, we were a little disappointed because the convention had practically taken over the hotel. One of the pools was closed much of the week and some public areas were used for cocktail parties, etc. We found beer bottles in the elevator and throughout the hallways -- just put a bad taste in my mouth. YC had a convention while we were there, too, but we didn't seem to notice it.

Don't get me wrong, the Dolphin is great for the price and still a really nice hotel, but the YC or BC is better in my opinion. If you do choose the Dolphin/Swan - pick the Swan side, they have newly rehabbed rooms.

Upvote 0

jenniferk

Definitely Yacht Club or Beach Club! The pool and atmosphere are amazing. They are classy but yet relaxed. The Yacht Club have a pretty good restaurant that serves a breakfest buffet in the morning. The pool bar also serves a wide variety of lunch options. I go to Disney probably once or twice a year and stay at the deluxe resorts and I do not believe its worth more to upgrade your room. If you plan on being in the room alot and relaxing on the balcony then it is worth to get a pool or water view. However if your just gonna be going to the parks then it really does not matter.

Upvote 0

MickeyMark

The BC has a spot in the lobby for refills in the morning, but it closes, and you have to go to Beaches & Cream to refill your mugs in the afternoon, and wait in line.

Having a convienent refilling location is important for us too, so I just thought I'd let you know that.

It's still an awesome place and well worth staying at!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom