Epcot pics today Aug 9th

abe

Good to have you back Merf. Great update as always.
I'm glad I got to see the "old" O Canada this past weekend before the new film arrives. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one soon.

JWG

epitycots3.jpg

It appears that 1 Wonders of Life sign may remain up by the doors?

MrBug

Big giant tent between Canada and the UK.
Has that been pretty much nothing for the last couple years? I recall Millennium Village but don't think I've paused passing from Canada to UK in recent past... (may have just been in a hurry to start swilling Guinness...:slurp: )

diddy_mouse

You rock, merf!

Thanks for the updates. Is it just me, or should WDW adjust its name this summer to be Disney's Construction World? I have never seen so many refurb walls, tarps, and the like this year! However all this work is very exciting and I look foward to seeing the results come December! :D

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the pics, Merf.

Those refurb walls went up quickly at Epcot. There was nothing in the rose garden except roses as of Sunday night. But, I did notice the flowers hadn't been kept up as nicely, so it makes sense that they popped this up now.

I am also highly curious about these paint jobs at China and Japan. Japan is still tarped, and China is, too. Both are extensive and beautiful paint jobs, but I really wonder.

MAGICFLOP

With China and Japan going thru marathon paint jobs,
That brings up an interesting question.

Who is painting?
Is it the host countries or Disney?

AdrainB

These birds are called House Sparrows. They were introduced in Central Park in the 60's of 70's. They are from England. Somone thought it would be interesting to have authentic English birds flying around the Shakespere Gardens. They forgot that birds fly and now these birds are taking over the country. They live everywhere. Definitly not homeless.

I got a box of popcorn last weekend and fed half of it to these birds in Tomorrowland, so they do get around.

Rob562

Is it just me, or does this look like some kind of freak-of-nature inverse Hidden Mickey? :animwink:

It appears that 1 Wonders of Life sign may remain up by the doors?

Perhaps it'll be changed to "Wonders of Wine"? (They only need to change two letters...)

These birds are called House Sparrows. They were introduced in Central Park in the 60's of 70's. They are from England. Somone thought it would be interesting to have authentic English birds flying around the Shakespere Gardens. They forgot that birds fly and now these birds are taking over the country. They live everywhere. Definitly not homeless.

The "homeless" part is a reference to a Merf update about a month ago where he had pics of these puffball sparrows dive-bombing Guests outside SSE because they had been kicked out of their homes when they took down the Leave A Legacy kiosk around the mirror column. :)

-Rob

Figment82

I've seen the Egyptian goose hanging around Future World for months and months - he's usually either by the pond near Towers West (close to Canada where merf found him) or in the pools around the West side. I just call him "mutant duck." :)

Too bad you didn't get a chance to see the adorable baby Gallinules that have been growing up around that area as well. Little black fuzzballs. So cute!

This update was old news for me (that's what I get for walking around Epcot everyday) and I was going to post some similar photos that I took a couple days ago, but I'm glad to see I don't have to do it anymore.

On a related note, lots and lots of sparks coming from the wand tonight as I was leaving. Hard to tell what will come of it, but it was near that tiny remaining stump of the grey wand.

haveyoumetmark

Thanks for the Epcot fix! I can always count on you for it, although I think Disney's on to you. They were probably thrown off by your vacation.

LOVE the Egyptian Goose by the way, I think it's hysterical. Along with the sparrows.

WDWFigment

Link to information on the Egyptian goose, for those of us who need to know more.

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/egyptian_goose.htm

They do not sound like ideal pets.

From the link-

"Males hiss and females make a cackling noise."

Did it say anything to you, Merf?

:animwink:

You thought Pumbas would make a good pet?! Haven't you witnessed his wry and witty humor on these boards? He's quite feisty!

I think I will make it my mission to photograph Pumbas when I'm at EPCOT next week (if he's still there). We could create a Pumbas-watch thread on the forums, and he could be like our own little forum mascot. It would be sweet/cute.

Now I know there is probably more than one Egyptian Goose-creature at EPCOT, but for simplicity sake, they will be treated as one duck during the Pumbas watch--just like Mickey!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom