Epcot pics today Aug 9th

WDWFigment

And then I found this weird duck-like critter, anyone know what it is?

epitycots20.jpg

That's Pumbas Nakasak, ain't it?

Great work identifying the rare creature! Looks like he flew over the pond for a quick visit to EPCOT!

EPCOT.nut

It's great to see so much going on at EPCOT. I can't go back until Oct 1st.
Really good to see any updates so I don't feel so darned left out. :)

BwanaBob

(to the tune of "farmer in the dell"...)

The Wand is almost gone!
The Wand is almost gone!
The next thing you know, the stars will go!
The Wand is almost gone!

:D

(ok... so I have a beer or two in me. It's fitting!)

comics101

It really saddens me to WOL like that, Oh well. I really like those M:S signs. They're really cool.
Thanks for the update Merf!

yodasmith

And then I found this weird duck-like critter, anyone know what it is?

epitycots20.jpg

My girlfiend is an avid birdwatcher and according to her field guide, this interesting bird is an Egyptian Goose. It's some sort of African species, obviously not common to Florida.

The homeless puffballs had gone to the pub in the UK to drink their little cares away.

epitycots19.jpg

These birds are called House Sparrows. They were introduced in Central Park in the 60's of 70's. They are from England. Somone thought it would be interesting to have authentic English birds flying around the Shakespere Gardens. They forgot that birds fly and now these birds are taking over the country. They live everywhere. Definitly not homeless.

WDWcouple

It saddens me that it is taking all of this time for the wand to come down.... When Chuck Norris could have taken it all down with one swift roundhouse kick :ROFLOL:

DisneyDellsDude

Thanks for the pictures! What will the finished World Showplace facade be of? And can someone tell me if I'm right or not... Is the World Showplace where Millennium Village was?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think that fascade -is- finished. And yes, the two locations are the same. Big giant tent between Canada and the UK.

juan

that bird is actually an Egyptian goose --- it has been hanging out at the WS area for the past couple months
it is native to Africa, but most likely has escaped from Animal Kingdom

RiversideBunny

that bird is actually an Egyptian goose --- it has been hanging out at the WS area for the past couple months

Link to information on the Egyptian goose, for those of us who need to know more.

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/egyptian_goose.htm

They do not sound like ideal pets.

From the link-

"Males hiss and females make a cackling noise."

Did it say anything to you, Merf?

:animwink:

MSTCrow

It's probably been posted elsewhere, but the mailer I got says Wonders of Life will serve as the Wine Festival welcome center and tasting area, instead of the area around Club Cool.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

You would think that they do inventory, and would send out a search and rescue team! :shrug:

Great pics Merf. Love the watermarks. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom