Epcot New Year's Eve madness (photos and wait times)

rkelly42

I do not think I would be going to the parks today, I would be at the Poly getting a bite to eat and a drink and waiting to watch the show from the beach.

Lisalyn

I can assure you with wait times of 4-5 hours..there is NO way in you know where I'd be standing in those lines! I can make much better use of it and instead of waiting for rides with those wait times, enjoy some of the other things Disney has to offer...especially in Epcot. There is so much to see and do!

I think the longest me and the Disney Daughter have waited in line was 120 minutes and I wasn't happy about that either! lol

Figment82

I'm at Epcot now (originally tried to go to the Poly but they closed the monorail to only guests staying at the monorail resorts - rats!). It's definitely a party atmosphere! The worst part are those dang horns!! We found a nice, out of the way spot and are camped out for both IllumiNations. If you expect to ride anything, you'll have a miserable time. But if you go with the flow, and tune out those horns, it's not absolutely terrible.

Computer Magic

I can assure you with wait times of 4-5 hours..there is NO way in you know where I'd be standing in those lines! I can make much better use of it and instead of waiting for rides with those wait times, enjoy some of the other things Disney has to offer...especially in Epcot. There is so much to see and do!

I think the longest me and the Disney Daughter have waited in line was 120 minutes and I wasn't happy about that either! lol
I love the ride, but its only 4:41 minutes.

bkgrim

Soaring line went out the back door for most of the day. Single rider test track was 90 minutes or more. As of 600pm no one is slowed to go from Epcot to magic on the monorail unless you are staying in magic hotel area. Big crowds at Epcot and getting bigger

Unless they gut the pavilion or make the Soarin' queue incredibly banked there was nothing they could do about it. In fact I heard rumors that originally they were going to remove the second story entrance and make it a first story entrance.

Anyway, that Italy stage set up is SICK! I wonder if they're going to bring out the tapestry puppets again for the parties?

...were the Tapestry Puppets out last year? I was there, but I never saw them.

GenerationX

I love the ride, but its only 4:41 minutes.
So, Soarin' is 4:41 to ride and has a 4:41 wait to get on it. Of course, the former time is measured in minutes and seconds, while the latter time is measured in hours and minutes. Ouch! No way would I wait in that line.

Thanks for the pictures and commentary, Steve, it's cool to see the extra prep going in to handle the huge crowd.

HMF

I'm at Epcot now (originally tried to go to the Poly but they closed the monorail to only guests staying at the monorail resorts - rats!). It's definitely a party atmosphere! The worst part are those dang horns!! We found a nice, out of the way spot and are camped out for both IllumiNations. If you expect to ride anything, you'll have a miserable time. But if you go with the flow, and tune out those horns, it's not absolutely terrible.
Any Tapestry Puppets?

smk

The only thing I can say about the pictures is that at least it looks warm, crowds and crowds of people in shirt sleeves! Have fun to all that are there!

PalisadesPkteer

Are you telling me that they had the Tapestry of Nations puppets out in previous years for New Years Eve?

Anyone seen them this year yet? If they had been around then why can't they at least of used them for the 25th Anniversary and hope they will for the 30th Anniversary.

Now you are all making me wonder about the drum floats!

CTXRover

I'm at Epcot now. Counting down to the beginning of the fireworks. It's crazy busy, but a lot of fun. Didn't do many rides other than Mission space and Maelstrom, both with fast passes. Ate at La Hacienda for dinner anf watched the 7:30 fireworks from inside through the windows. Great meal and a great view.

No tapestry puppets that I can see. I spent some time in each 'club'/dance zone set up. BTW, I think China's dj setup with the fire is awesome!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Are you telling me that they had the Tapestry of Nations puppets out in previous years for New Years Eve?

Anyone seen them this year yet? If they had been around then why can't they at least of used them for the 25th Anniversary and hope they will for the 30th Anniversary.

Now you are all making me wonder about the drum floats!

I've been the last few years and while I didn't see them this year (doesn't mean they weren't there) I have seen the Tapestry puppets in Future World in past years. The last time I saw them they were outside the west Innoventions breezeway on The Land pavilion side dancing about to entertain the crowds as they were exiting following the final fireworks show. No drum floats when I've seen them, just a few of the puppets.

Monsterfan99

Seeing the Soarin' line out the back door and having a drink stand outside for it was insane. The true telling moment was Journey into Imagination hitting 50 at one point and staying at 40 most of the day.

Still, easily the best time I've ever had at Disney. Walking around the World Showcase, I forgot I was at a theme park and felt like I was at a street party. That's how great of a job Disney did and they should be proud of the work the past 2 days.

Who the heck would wait 50 minutes for IMAGINATION.....FREAKING IMAGINATION. Waiting 50 minutes for a ride (a complete waste of space compared to it's former glory in it's original form), with broken effects and out of sync audio....fantastic. You'll be imagining alright, imagining you were on a better ride, so that you won't go CRAZY.

Belle4ever22

Dhs was busy, but no where close to soarin' at almost 5 hrs. Which is unbelievable.....

Anyhoo both toy story and RnR were staying right around 120-130 all day.

toolsnspools

Based solely on the times the parks have been closed to guests, it seems the crowds are a lot lighter this year than they were last year. Last year it seemed MK was closed every day all week, and I saw multiple EPCOT closures in there as well. This year MK is the only one that has hit the limit.

Foolish Mortal

Wow :eek: It boggles my mind that I could leave for Philly Intl, get on a flight to Orlando and arrive before someone gets on a ride if they got in the line at the same time I left my home. No ride is worth that. Did they set up portable toilets in the que :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom