EPCOT needs help, and other recent onsite observations ( 9/8 thru 9/12)

MinnieSummer

Great report and the colors really didn't bother me until I read a post that wasn't in lavander and then wow going back was difficult.

The last time I was at Epcot I too was dissappointed at the condition of the park. The general upkeep has gone way down compared to several years ago but in Disneys defense, the number of people (who seem to be sloppier now than 15 years ago) who traipse through the park is huge and I don't know if it's possible to keep it clean and maintained 100% of the time.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the purple text is to try and make up for the complete lack of rose colored glasses - thus the majority of the post being extremely and very much excessively negative.

This is, btw, a trip report and not news/rumor.

A few quick notes - the nemo sculpture has been infront of the seas long before the current rehab. The only place in Future World the sidewalk is painted is the ramp leading into SSE. Your whole paragraph is about about SSE, so I assume you saw it there - but you implied it was everywhere, nice to see someone carrying on the D-troops tradition of lie through omission.

Reflections of China replaced Wonders of China - and they are very different, funny how an Epcot "fan" couldn't tell the difference.

PS: Trees grow. They are trimmed, but not every day because that would kill the tree.

celestia

Monorail Lime was in horrible condition the other day when I road it as a guest- the emergency doors were down and the audio track cut out significantly. It has done this a few times. (I think this is the one that has a cd as its audio?) I usually see Lime and Coral on the MK hotel route. The metalics were on the epcot route, the primaries on the ttc route. They switch them around daily though.

As for your kind word about pirates, thank you! We are trying to keep our attraction in tip top shape. We just had maintenance there a few days ago and had them replace our lights and fixed several water cannons. Our animatronics are having big problems because of their age and are not easily repairable even with a rehab. (This is why horizons is now gone, and COP and spaceship earth are having issues, the parts to repair the animatronics are just not around anymore because in the 50's-late 70's they decided it was easier to throw out old animatroncis and get new ones than to repair old ones, which is not the case now.)
I always appreciate it when someone notices we are trying to keep her up and running in tip top condition instead of making post after post about "When is the rehab?!!!??!"... frankly.. we're tired of it ;)
(as for the rehab, rumor has it amoung us that we will have a small one after jungle cruise goes down.. in january mostly likely but not for sure, we might be slated for a big one after July, they want to see how well the second movie does before doing anything. This goes for DL too. Don't expect to see a jack sparrow anytime soon or any major ride changes, we are sick of people asking us!)

Thank you, it sounds like you had fun! :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
More.. Because i just remembered...

The Fountainview Cafe was put on reduced hours when Ice Station Cool closed for refurb. Then the area directly on the right, the old italian counter service, got rehab walls too. In the rear of the building, the old West stage was removed. It doesn't take a leap to figure out they're working on the entire building.

I'm not sure what upsets me more - that your post is blatantly negative, or that you're using mistruths based on assumptions, or that you're posting as if you've got grand new info when most of the info is on this board.

tracyandalex

thanks very much for the wonderful update!!! i haven't been for a few years and won't be going until april so i love to hear how the refurbs look. also, i'm so glad that lots of construction will hopefully be done for my trip :sohappy:

tracy

cdatkins

After we rode SSE, I was picking up my 2 year old daughter's stroller (she loved SSE by the way) and was pleased to hear the instrumental version of "Tomorrow's Child" playing from the speakers in the bushes.

:sohappy:

Enderikari

Figments Friend said:
More tidbits i just remembered....

I saw several folks at WDW this week that were dressed in what looked to be Disney Park Ambassadors. I came across them several times while strolling about the parks, in MK and EPCOT exclusively. In Mickey's Philharmagic one afternoon i came across two of them doing what looked to be a private tour for a small group of Guests. Peter Pan was with them the whole time, as if he was part of the tour group as well, and entertained the groups children on the floor while awaiting the doors to open for the show. Everyone then went in ( Peter too!) to watch the film which was neat. It's not everyday you get to watch Peter on the screen while he is sitting right in the audience with you! He was excellent at what he did for the kids too.....he was the real deal!
That would be the end of Disney's Family Magic Tour, in case you are wondering. Not really a private tour, anyone can do it. Its $25 a person for a two hour quest through the Magic Kingdom, that culminates in a meet and greet oppurtunity, sometimes with Peter Pan. On most days, the tour is able to experience an attraction with the character, and it runs daily. Its a fun little jaunt, especially if you have the right tour guide. ;)

Enderikari

ZoesMom said:
:wave: The old theme song for COP (back when it was sponsored by GE) was..........
Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of our lives.

Life is a prize, live every minute, open the doors and watch how it glimmers...

Yesterday's memories may sparkle and gleam.

Tomorrow is still but a dream.

Right here and now. We've got it made.

The world's forward marching and you're in the parade!!

When the carousel of progress was first introduced in the World's Fair. The original song was the song that plays now, "There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow." However, during a refurb in the ?Late 70's early 80's? the Sherman Brothers calloborated on a new song, which became the song you mentioned above. In the early 90's the song was changed back to the original.

WEDROD

Glad to know I am not the only Monorail freak. Me and my son went on July and all we did was ride the Monorail. No parks,just monorail riding. Here I ws thinking I was the only one that new it was Coral and not Pink,lime not green. Gotta love the Monorails.

Jekyll Baker

I just got back from WDW and thought I'd add one more noticed item - the waterworks around Imagination (the upside down waterfall and the jumping fountains) are down with walls around them, and you can see from the other side of the ponds, a few building materials piled by the fountains.
Also wall are up around Living Seas and construction sounds can be heard occassionally.
Other than that, a great time was had. Went on Soarin' for the first (and second) time - I thought it was very good and I didn't think it detracted from the rest of The Land at all. I think it actually revitalized the pavillion - I haven't seen a 30 minute wait for Living with the Land boat ride in a long time (especially for an off season). And also saw the Symbiosis film having good attendence also.
I also avoided Test Track, like Figments Friend. I can drive my car at 65 mph any time on the interstate. But I do like M:S - it's almost as relaxing as Spaceship Earth.
Oh and Expedition Everest is looking great. I can't wait!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
I'm not sure what upsets me more - that your post is blatantly negative, or that you're using mistruths based on assumptions, or that you're posting as if you've got grand new info when most of the info is on this board.

Sorry you felt this way while reading my comments....it was not meant to sound overly negative. Tone of voice can be difficult to convey in a printed medium so apologies if you found what i commented on offensive or somewhat pointless. I just thought some folks might find it a interesting read.

This is what makes Message Boards so great....hearing all views, so i of course thank you for yours.:)

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
Wow, kudos to you for being so nice, I surely could not have been!

Keep your posts coming, forget the negativity from others. I enjoyed your posts!

--C

DarkMeasures

*currently has huge urge to kill Figments Friend*

You say that Epcot needs updating and then you bash all the new things. Your like Grizz but a billion times worse...

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
DarkMeasures said:
*currently has huge urge to kill Figments Friend*

You say that Epcot needs updating and then you bash all the new things. Your like Grizz but a billion times worse...

Wow, I think that was a bit extreme and uncalled for. Let's try to keep this a peaceful discussion board please!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Figments Friend said:
Sorry you felt this way while reading my comments....it was not meant to sound overly negative. Tone of voice can be difficult to convey in a printed medium so apologies if you found what i commented on offensive or somewhat pointless. I just thought some folks might find it a interesting read.

This is what makes Message Boards so great....hearing all views, so i of course thank you for yours.:)

Thanks for being so understanding. Despite Steve and my best efforts people seem to be very on edge lately. I'm sure there are plenty of people who found it interesting, and those who didn't don't need to comment or at least comment in a less aggressive manner.

natalia1681

Figments Friend said:

Whoo-hoo! Way to be understanding! I'm proud of you:D

I, for one, enjoyed hearing all about your experience.

P.S. Thank you for switching to black font. At first, I really enjoyed the beautiful purple, but then it made me started to go cross-eyed:dazzle:

IMAGIN'Rwannabe

Thanks for your detailed report. I always like hearding the impressions people have. I am sorry that Epcot is looking worn. I love that place. It needs some TLC. I think with its anniversary coming up that they should re-do the Wonders of Life pavillion. The topic of the body is a great one and should be improved upon instead of closed!

Sergeant Tibbs

Wow, after staring at that pink font for a long time everyone elses font seems to be green. (even mine:lookaroun )did this happen to anyone else or are my eyes messed up? thanks for the update though.

wedway71

Very detailed trip report.As far as Epcot I would imagine Disney is very much aware of the walkways and the trees.MY best guess is that they are devoting the energy to the rehabs and once they are complete smaller projects like repainting and repaving walkways and tree-trimming will happen without a doubt. I sometimes get bumbed out when I see something like that too but everytime after I freak out it gets fixed soon after.

peter11435

I was just at Epcot this weekend and didn't notice anything wrong with any of the trees. As for the walkways, as someone else already pointed out they are not painted. Only the ramp up to SSE is painted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom