Epcot Must Do

Sam Eagle

Living with the land, Soarin and the Maelstom.

Beyond that, I always stop at the Kringla in Norway for some desserts and Sommerfest in Germany for some food. La Cava del Tequila in Mexico is awesome for drinks and for sit down dinner nothing beats La Cellier (Beer cheese soup, Filet, Maple Creme Brulee).

bella1620

I've been looking at all the things to see and do at Epcot and was wondering from those who have been often, what are the "must do's" at Epcot? Don't want to waste my time on things that aren't worthwhile.

Thanks

Ok, illuminations, of course all the countries! The Beatles in England ( lol Must be funny coming from a 20 year old ) the rides are ok I guess, deff do soarin!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ok, illuminations, of course all the countries! The Beatles in England ( lol Must be funny coming from a 20 year old ) the rides are ok I guess, deff do soarin!

Thought the Beatles had gone? Im sure theyve been replaced by a vastly more entertaining group of musicians.

SAV

Club Cool was mentioned, but we always have to do it. And any first timers in there MUST try all of the different offerings and pick their favorite. I prefer the Mezzo Mix.

You must stay for Illuminations...simply AWESOME!

As for attractions: Spaceship Earth: Don't go on it right away because it will be close to walk on later in the day.
Maelstrom : Get the FastPass for it. We wait until a bit later for this one too.
Soarin' : Unless you like 2 hour waits, then get the FastPass for it at rope drop.
Mission Space: You'll need to decide the more or less intense version. The more is definitely "more" intense and can make you sick or dizzy if you are prone to motion sickness.
Test Track, if it is open.
Gran Fiesta Tour inside of the Mexico Pavilion: If it rains, that becomes one of the post popular rides in World Showcase.
We also love to watch the Acrobats in China.
Grab a pastry in France.

Make sure to give yourself enough time in World Showcase to go into all of the pavilions and check them out.

Epcot can be done in one day, but we always allow 2 days there and still seem to miss some things.

I won't repeat all the things mentioned so far, but on our last trip (one week ago) we loved watching the candy making lady in Japan. Definitely worth 20 minutes of your time. I usually love the Chinese acrobats, but this trip, I didn't find the performance to be awe-inspiring like I have in the past. For younger kids (maybe ages 4-7), Turtle Talk with Crush is a highlight and for elementary school ages, at least a couple of Agent P Missions in the World Showcase. For my 17, 15 and 12 year olds, Crush and Agent P were "must do's." If you wanted to see one movie in the World Showcase, go to France because there are seats, not standing like in Canada and China!

njDizFan

It's really hard to determine what you would like without additional information. do you enjoy thrill rides? will you be traveling with children? do you enjoy eating and adult beverages? Are you looking to do shopping or do character meet and greets? If you answered yes to most of the above, Epcot has days worth or attractions.

Of course the top line rides in FutureWorld(TT, Soarin, Mission Space, SSE) are must dos. But I would say that about all the attractions there. Living with the Land is a favorite of mine, Innoventions, Seas with Nemo and even Universe of energy I would recommend.

Then that brings up the world Showcase. Take your time and snack and drink and explore each country. Many have performers to see(music, acrobats, etc.). China, Norway and France have films I think are worth seeing at least once. Norway and Mexico have their own rides(maelstrom is a little bit more "thrilling"). Also the countries have their own stores with specific types of merchandice. My favorite is Japan and Morocco. I always enjoy buying an oyster and harvesting a pearl at the Japanease pavillion.

Finish off your night with the best night time show in the World. Illuminations is awesome.

draybook

The whole park, seriously. On our first trip we skipped Epcot. It is now my favorite park. There's just something about the atmosphere that I love at that park. We've now been there four times and there's still many things we have left to see and do.

Sunshineglow68

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for the info. I will be traveling with DH & DD10. Unfortunately we have 6:50 reservations for dinner off site at Whispering Canyon so won't be able to see Illuminations. We are only there 4 days so I'm trying to get as much in as possible. Thanks again.

Beholder

I'd hate to suggest you skip or avoid anything, everybody has different tastes. I wouldn't miss Illuminations, but I'd try it all if I could. If time is an issue, the previous posts are great references. If you have the time though, try it all. EPCOT is a great park and seems better when taken in at a more casual pace. That's my take anyway. Enjoy and have a great time!

ParentsOf4

Epcot "must do's"? Thats easy: margarita in Mexico, beer in Germany, sake in Japan, wine in France, half-yard in U.K. Um, usually that's about how far I get before I forget what's next on my "must do" list.

bethymouse

If you'll be there in December, then test Track should be open!
Soarin', Mission Space (orange side is intense, but I love it!), Spaceship Earth, The Land, Mexico, Maelstrom, all of the countries ( a walk around World Showcase).
I could skip Nemo/The Seas, but my boys love it! I also could skip Imagination (Figment), but my boys love it!
EPCOT is a park to explore!:)

WDWNooby

I have to say that I loved Turtle Talk with Crush...I was a young 49 the first time I saw it :)

I didn't get to do everything in 2009 so I'm counting on doing a LOT of the suggestions made above in December with my son :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom