Epcot music update

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm, interesting. I preferred the original, but the new "Club Epcot" version grew on me.

Though I will miss Busindre Reel. It was my favorite of the new loop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRDT2dvBbc

-Rob

Agreed! It took a while for me to get used to the '04 loop, but I really liked it. Busindre Reel (just a great piece), Tula (very relaxing), and Our Life (really gets you pumped up for the show) were all great pieces.

Still, won't mind hearing the old one again. It'll be like reuniting with an old friend. :)

Rob562

I have 2 ideas for new narration either go back to the original or have this be the greeting.
"Good Evening' on behalf of Epcot Center we welcome you to World Showcase Lagoon"

I could have sworn they edited out the "The place where dreams come true" part and it just said:
"Good evening. On behalf of Walt Disney World, we welcome you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here..."

-Rob

HMF

I could have sworn they edited out the "The place where dreams come true" part and it just said:
"Good evening. On behalf of Walt Disney World, we welcome you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here..."

-Rob
I would just bring back "good evening and welcome. I don't need to be told where I am. It brings me out of the atmosphere of the show and makes the opening seem like a commercial. Well at least it isn't "Good Evening on behalf of Disney Parks...

Skipper Dan

Agreed! It took a while for me to get used to the '04 loop, but I really liked it. Busindre Reel (just a great piece), Tula (very relaxing), and Our Life (really gets you pumped up for the show) were all great pieces.

Still, won't mind hearing the old one again. It'll be like reuniting with an old friend. :)

I was 14 in 2004, now I'm 20. From that point on, I have very dear memories in World Showcase. First, I'd also like to know if this is just a temporary change, and second, does anyone know where I can find these songs, on youtube or anything? If they aren't coming back - which would completely break my heart - I'd at least love to have a copy. These songs just speak nighttime at Disney to me, and make me feel that feeling we all know to well. I can almost see the flicker and orange glow of the torches, feel a soft breeze, and see myself walkin' past Mexico, or takin' those side steps into Japan, slowly, two at a time, determined to get a table at Yakitori House. :(

EDIT: I found Busindre Reel, and Tula, but not Our Life, anyone have a link? Or the artist, so I can look it up?

Soarinrulz

Aw, man! I really loved the newer loop. There wasn't one song that I didn't like. I wish that they would put Busindre Reel into the old loop.

mp2bill

What is this, musical musical chairs? :lookaroun

Very odd that there would be a reversion of the preshow loop so many years after it was replaced. Everything old is new again?

Lol. It's just like clothing. The clothing from 80 years ago, which seemed tacky twenty years ago, is cool again.

robw1997

Does anyone have a recent video or recording of the pre-show loop. I have a hard time believing that they would bring back the old loop. Maybe this is just for the Christmas/New Year's season. I hope they bring back the 04-10 loop in January.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
I am going back to Epcot tomorrow (have to see Illuminations on me Birthday ;) ) So I shall listen out again to ensure it wasn't just a once off. If I remember to take a cam-corder I shall get recordings.

robw1997

Thank you so much. I found all of the 99-04 music on you tube, and I am starting to like it even better than the 04-10 version. After all it is not such bad news. Thank you again and Happy Birthday.

luckyeye13

First, I'd also like to know if this is just a temporary change, and second, does anyone know where I can find these songs, on youtube or anything?

If you are still looking for the new (now old) or old (now recently new) loop, please send me a PM and let me know if you want it in MP3 or WMA format.

thelookingglass

Busindre Reel and Our Life really helped set the mood and are awesome songs. I hope they bring these back. I wonder what their reason was for switching?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom