Epcot Guide to Drinking Around the World!

Tomi-Rocket

enjoyed it.....

I enjoyed your article it. I have to say you and Sara don't even look old enough to drink though! LOL....

I'm not a big drinker at all and I think I count all the drinks I've had this year on one hand. But for the first time ever I am thinking of getting a pina colada on our trip in Sept., so I thought it was funny to see this post now.

JIMINYCR

Great article. But I don't drink alcohol and there are many underage youths on this site. How about doing a fun follow up article for us non drinkers on Non Alcoholic drinks drinking around the world? Or are there not enough choices to do this? :shrug:

Testtrack321

Great article. But I don't drink alcohol and there are many underage youths on this site. How about doing a fun follow up article for us non drinkers on Non Alcoholic drinks drinking around the world? Or are there not enough choices to do this? :shrug:

I know people have eaten around the world or done desserts around the world. Maybe try those?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I did a stint in Los Cabos for 6 weeks this year and I can say La Cava is as good as any tequileria I've seen down there. The biggest difference is that most Mexican ones don't mix as many drinks or offer food, which La Cava does REALLY well. When I drank around the world I got a flight of tequila for around $10-12. Also, we drank for my best friend's birthday, he was wearing his birthday button and got a FREE shot of pretty good tequila! FREE TEQUILA AT DISNEY! WHAAAA!

It doesn't get much credit, but I really think La Cava is one of the best additions to WDW in recent years. Even if you're not a drinker, you have to appreciate the fact that Disney went and put in an authentic experience to the World Showcase. The bartenders and management in La Cava really care (see their Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/cavadeltequila you might get a free shot if you follow!), and that's awesome to see. Tequila is not my favorite thing in the world, but despite that, La Cava's drinks are some of my favorite in WS.

I enjoyed your article it. I have to say you and Sara don't even look old enough to drink though! LOL....

Sarah will take the age thing as a compliment, I'd rather look a little older. I don't get anywhere by looking under 21...

I wouldn't have the necessary expertise to write about non-alcoholic drinks (I could research it, but that would be disingenuous), but I will be writing about desserts and snacks in the World Showcase as a companion-piece to this. If you can't/won't Drink Around the World, Snacking Around the World is the next best (or maybe even better!) option!

Phonedave

Nice blog you have there.

One picky picky picky point.

"Japan offers a couple good options: plumb wine and hot or cold sake. The Kirin Ichiban beer is nice and smooth, too."

Unless that wine can be used to verify verticality (which would be handy when drinking a lot) it is plum wine.

A plumb is, in simple terms, a weight on a string.

:)

Again, sorry for being picky, I just could not resist. Plumb Wine, goes great with Try Square Cake :D

-dave

-dave

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Nice blog you have there.

One picky picky picky point.

"Japan offers a couple good options: plumb wine and hot or cold sake. The Kirin Ichiban beer is nice and smooth, too."

Unless that wine can be used to verify verticality (which would be handy when drinking a lot) it is plum wine.

A plumb is, in simple terms, a weight on a string.

:)

Again, sorry for being picky, I just could not resist. Plumb Wine, goes great with Try Square Cake :D

-dave

-dave

Well, that's what I get for not proof-reading! No need to apologize, I'm a stickler for that type of thing typically, but online I tend to get a little lax.

The word choice has been corrected. Thanks!

acishere

Alcohol in Disney World?

BLASPHAMY! :fork: :fork:

because you didn't mention car bombs in the UK

Great drink suggestions otherwise though. I think based on the suggestions I've found so far I'll probably skip America for a drink. As good as Samuel Adams can be it always what I stock my fridge with so I think I can miss it without any sorrow. I'm more worried that if I start off in a tequila bar I might wind up never leaving...

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I loved the article.

Your opinions make it worthwhile to read - please don't sterilize it.

Glad I'm not the only person on earth who likes my opinions!

Alcohol in Disney World?

Great drink suggestions otherwise though. I think based on the suggestions I've found so far I'll probably skip America for a drink. As good as Samuel Adams can be it always what I stock my fridge with so I think I can miss it without any sorrow. I'm more worried that if I start off in a tequila bar I might wind up never leaving...

Car bombs, nice.

The Sam Adams beer that is currently in America(n) Adventure I've been told is difficult to find outside of the Boston area. I think it all depends on whether they have a seasonal or limited release on tap. If it's just Sam Adams (regular) and InBev stuff, I'd skip it, too.

DizneyPryncess

Great blog! We found that eating & sharing drinks made a huge difference too. Making a day out of it is a great tip. I feel like people sometimes try to rush through it, and end up sick.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Great drink suggestions otherwise though. I think based on the suggestions I've found so far I'll probably skip America for a drink. As good as Samuel Adams can be it always what I stock my fridge with so I think I can miss it without any sorrow.

The Sam Adams beer that is currently in America(n) Adventure I've been told is difficult to find outside of the Boston area. I think it all depends on whether they have a seasonal or limited release on tap. If it's just Sam Adams (regular) and InBev stuff, I'd skip it, too.

The Brick Red is a Boston exclusive. If you see it in Epcot, grab one immediately. You can thank me later. :lol:

Testtrack321

Alcohol in Disney World?

Don't call them car bombs in Ireland, they get mad. :ROFLOL:

Personally, Boddingtons is hard to find on tap (only seen it 3 places) so I go for that at Rose & Crown. I also feel like I'm sick of beer, so I go for Strongbow as another good choice at UK.

I'd love for Disney to do two things to the America pavilion...

1.) Put in a REAL restaurant
2.) Put in a beer sampling area full of local microbrews from all over the country. Sam Adams, Great Lakes, Goose Island, Stone, etc

acishere

The Brick Red is a Boston exclusive. If you see it in Epcot, grab one immediately. You can thank me later. :lol:
Whenever I visit my friend in Boston I make sure to track down a bar that serves it. I just have a feeling that I'll wind up being there during the time its not being sold on Epcot. I don't want to build myself up with the excitement for a Brick Red only to see they have none. I just can't do that to myself!! So I'm going to walk into Epcot expecting to skip America for a drink, then possibly surprise myself when I get there.

Don't call them car bombs in Ireland, they get mad. :ROFLOL:

Personally, Boddingtons is hard to find on tap (only seen it 3 places) so I go for that at Rose & Crown. I also feel like I'm sick of beer, so I go for Strongbow as another good choice at UK.

I'd love for Disney to do two things to the America pavilion...

1.) Put in a REAL restaurant
2.) Put in a beer sampling area full of local microbrews from all over the country. Sam Adams, Great Lakes, Goose Island, Stone, etc
While I was in Dublin several years ago I saw a fellow American traveler order a car bomb in the bar I was in. He was served a black eye instead. I tried a Mini-Guinness which was a shot version of a car bomb however and I walked out black eye free.

As someone who loves to track down local microbreweries and scour my liquor store beer section for something different, I couldn't agree more that the America Pavilion cannot properly represent our great libations on Sam Adams and Bud Light alone.

Also, does anyone know how accurate the prices are on partythroughtheparks.com because I honestly didn't think the beer prices were as eye gouging as I was expecting? Guess like I said in a similar thread: getting a beer in Yankee Stadium will forever skewer your view on what is overpriced.

MAF

Ha, you are awesome WDWFigment. :wave: I've always wanted to do "Drinking Around the World" but have never gotten around to it. Maybe on the next trip.

JIMINYCR

but I will be writing about desserts and snacks in the World Showcase as a companion-piece to this. If you can't/won't Drink Around the World, Snacking Around the World is the next best (or maybe even better!) option!

Look forward to reading the Snack Around the World follow up. Guess I'll stick with my Coca Cola. And be the designated driver for the rest of you. :lol:

NewfieFan

Look forward to reading the Snack Around the World follow up. Guess I'll stick with my Coca Cola. And be the designated driver for the rest of you. :lol:

Yes, I will help drive everyone home as well! I don't drink either... although I did enjoy the blog post!

I too will be looking foward to the "Snack Around the World"!

maxairmike

I'm a lightweight, I could only get through half of my Grand Marnier/Grey Goose slush before it was melted and the alcohol was waaaaaay too strong (probably not the best choice for a first drink, but it looked so good on a hot day, and beer doesn't strike me as something I'd like). :lol:

That said, the wine tasting in the German pavilion always catches my eye, but I pass it up every time. A friend told me to stick to the wines that are served cold/chilled to start with, not room temp. wines. Is that generally a good idea?

828tnt

Inspired by the recent legendary "Alcohol is Bad" thread, I decided to write my guide to Drinking Around the World in Epcot. I have some tips in here that I think are pretty good (the importance of starting in Mexico, certain drinks to avoid, when to hit Table Service restaurants instead of drink stands, etc.)

I apologize in advance for contributing to the downfall of Walt Disney World by creating an article that *gasp* assists adults in enjoying Walt Disney World as well. To counter this article, I swear my next one will be about why Dumbo and Peter Pan's Flight should be the only attractions in WDW. :rolleyes:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/fe...ng-around-the-world-in-epcots-world-showcase/

great read tom! i really enjoyed your take on which are your favorites too.

we're making our next trip in september. unfortunately no food and wine this year, and we're likely not doin too much "around the world". we're expecting, and i wouldn't want to have too much enjoyment without her being able to participate too.... lol!

next trip! :lookaroun if my parents are along to watch kiddo. :animwink:

DisneyDebNJ

Great post! We actually look forward to alot of the cocktails, we get during our annual food and wine trip every fall! (Lapu Lapu, frozen rum runners, Happy Lichee (China kiosk), Pina CoLava come to mind. Never have we gotten so inebriated that we kissed the concrete or anything, but it's a great time!!!! LOL This year, I intend to be daring, and try the margarita flight!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom