Epcot fountain walls are up

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Replace all lighting with brand new LED lights.... I hope!

Seriously, it is known the stage is desired to be removed by certain parties as part of the central spine beautification project. I hope it would make sense to replace the lighting too with units that don`t go months without being fixed once broke.

Interesting tid bit... the original Communicore Fountain was only the opening day installation. Phase 2 was meant to have jumping fountains set to music and lights as installed in 1994.... but also with lasers installed in the CCore walls to shoot through the water jets. Like a lot of phase 2 it didn`t happen.
I would assume that they will be using something akin to the ones that seem to be pooping up all over property that will scan through a 16.7 million color spectrum.

EPCOT Explorer

That would give it a surreal vibe...and clean up the enterence to return it to it's former glory!!!!

Would be nice....It would be easy to do as well. Enclose the "show" part of FoN so the run off does not hit the tiles and have a separate flow of water glide over the tiles.

WDI, you have my resume!:lookaroun:lol::eek:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
They will be putting chocolate in the fountain and turning it into the largest fondue fountain, ever!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They will be putting chocolate in the fountain and turning it into the largest fondue fountain, ever!

Given recent threads they are more likely to add blue sanilav blocks and turn it into the worlds largest urinal. Talk about splash back though............

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Heh...That was a interesting one. I do wish we would have been right though...Blue, Purple and Orange are getting old on the old Geo.
I would have loved it do but the idea that about a dozen of these lights lights with a combined power of about 60 mag lights could illuminate a 180+ foot sphere was absurd. Him defending his assumption to the bitter end however turned put to be down right comical.

EPCOT Explorer

I would have loved it do but the idea that about a dozen of these lights lights with a combined power of about 60 mag lights could illuminate a 180+ foot sphere was absurd. Him defending his assumption to the bitter end however turned put to be down right comical.

Oh, of course.:lol:

What's sad though, is that Disney has the lighting banks installed for this (From what I've seen and been told/read) they just don't turn them on or they are broken.:dazzle:

It would be a nice effect to have the FoN and SSE light up in synch...:lookaroun

tirian

Given recent threads they are more likely to add blue sanilav blocks and turn it into the worlds largest urinal. Talk about splash back though............

Thanks for reminding me of the strangest thing I've ever seen at Epcot. I can't say it on the boards, but it involved your comment and an adult male.

:hurl:

Rob562

You know, I wouldn't necessarily mind the stage if they removed the extra section at the back that covers part of the fountain. There are at least 1/2 dozen of the perimeter jets that are under cover and don't fire.

At least make the stage modular so that if they needed to, they could install that section on a temporary basis (and turn off those jets), but remove it the rest of the time.

If you look at an aerial photo of the plaza, you can see where the decking over the fountain is a different color than the rest of the stage.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom