News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

biggy H

The whole new world part is just telling us not to expect the old Epcot but we will have a new Epcot. Times change and I suspect the 'normal' park guest will like it which is who ultimately it is aimed at.

I will wait and see it in person to make my mind up. Personally I foumd the middle bit of RoE boring after a few views and it was really dated. At least this one has something to watch all the time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why they didn’t end this show with the we go on ending from illuminations I’ll have no idea. That just seems like a no brained for nostalgia and song title

The a whole new world section threw off the flow. Not that it had much flow anyways

There is so many good music choices they could have much better arranged in that show. Heck the Epcot entrance medley would have been better in most cases

Expo_Seeker40

I wanted to like it so much and couldn’t.

They have hours of original audio tracks and beautiful orchestral background music but did a subpar version from scratch that lacks why we love the old songs in the first place (let alone forgets to include Promise and We Go On)

The ending with A Whole New World was pure cringe, a big hint at the new EPCOT to come: a second Magic Kingdom park, but with a golfball as a symbol.

Disney did it to themselves. They stopped setting the bar high and now at least one if not to generations of people only associates Disney w animated movies (that they’re incidentally remaking).

Also, just to end my rant, EPCOT Forever moves so fast and randomly, you get no time to enjoy the rides you miss.

Last edited:

Father Robinson

Could not disagree with this more. From Pacing to the emotions to the Grand score.... I know it's a World of Color style clip show but still, happily ever after has it all over this show.

I've had the pleasure of being to the premiere of both shows. The Crowd went nuts for Happily Ever After. That did not happen tonight at Epcot Forever.
The crowds also STILL go nuts for HEA.

Father Robinson

It was also interesting to me that there were only two times I could hear the crowd cheer from livestream: 1. During the 5 seconds ROE music played, and the 10 seconds Tapestry of Nations music played.
That says something...

Was there RoE music? I didn't catch any and THAT was primarily why I watched the stream for, to see if they used anything from it.

Last edited:

lumberguy5

Honestly I liked the show, Whole New World shouldn't be in it, but that's unfortunately what's coming next year.

As for the HarmonioUS preview...let's just say they're combining WOC with HEA.

If these new shows keep up the trend I'm afraid for MK's 50th fireworks show..and potential parade.

WOC and HEA are the some of strongest performing nightshows in the Parks lineup. You probably want them to base a show off of those, rather than some of the show themes Disneyland has gotten such as Mix Magic (w/ Fireworks on Select Nights)(tm). Also at DLR, MSEP/nostalgia came back from the grave just to remove all the parades at the resort.

Father Robinson

even the crowd seemed...meh. Though I did cheer with the rest when the torches were rekindled.

do not appreciate at all the "innocent childrens voices"

It felt so jumbled and disjointed. They got stuck between going chronologically and having any sort of flow at all.

I expected it to be more like a tribute and less like someone clicking through the Epcot parks album on random trying to find a song they liked

3) WHO IN THE WORLD PUT THAT IP CRAP IN OUR TRIBUTE? I get the message, but we have so SO many Epcot Original songs that could fit there...Tomorrow's Child, Promise, Celebrate the Future, I mean cmon. You could've told the story much better with a song made for Epcot

I just wish something at Disney told an original story again...not just a regurgitation of everything they've ever sold in the hopes that something sticks and people buy the new tee shirt.

Couldn't agree more.

Father Robinson

The kites are the saving grace. But I wouldn't be shocked to see them cut in a few months
These seem to me like an accident waiting to happen. If one happens to break free while shooting sparks, if the jetskis collide, if one of them (jetskis) hits a floating launch pad.. also, after watching all I thought was if they have to sideline them due to weather or malfunction the lull that will be there will he worse than RoE when the globe was out for repair.

DisneyDebRob

I think, as someone else said, anyone like myself that’s a bit older and has been going to Epcot for 30+ years will enjoy it more then the rest of the people. It’s definitely better watching it a second time. Looking forward to 3 weeks when I see it in person.
But then that Aladdin part.. ugh. Didnt work with second viewing either. Loved the music for the most part.

Cmdr_Crimson

What does it say about the stuff they actually grew up with that they prefer the things they didn’t have?
Well, if they are using Soarin's opening line and the crappy Nigel Channing line it shows what the children of the future are in store for Epcot's unquoteble newest attractions...
tenor.gif

Father Robinson

It's clear, the overwhelming responses are:

Preshow, good
Torches and their use in the show, outstanding
Tapestry of Nations, outstanding
Kites, pretty good

Kids announcements, horrible
Kids singing, unnecessary and bad decision
Kids narrating, unnecessary and bad decision
Whole New World, horrible choice compared to relevant EPCOT songs.

Disjointed segments
Song references too short
Not enough references to classic EPCOT
Not enough effects
Nothing resembling classic Disney storytelling

I think just based on this alone and assuming the majority of other fan based groups feel this way that EF basically had good intentions but fell way short of being labeled a complete success.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom