News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

TTA94

It's an interim show. It's never going to be as technically impressive as a main show.

Do note that HEA was originally an interim show, however

Could still be for all we know, popular or not, until 2021. I don’t hate HEA but I’m also not in love with it either. I feel it lacks in some ways compared to Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland.

MaryJaneP

The title is missing some very important punctuation. Namely a question mark and an exclamation mark. Thus it becomes "Epcot? Forever!". It's more a prediction than anything else. As in "How long do EPCOT fans have to wait for anything to improve?" And the answer is "Forever".

Virtual Toad

EPCOT's been dying a slow death for so long now it's depressing to think about. They're now ready to put it out of it's misery and finish its transformation to something else.

Something so bland, mediocre and synergistic that the masses will eat it up.

And profits will soar because that's the world we live in.

Sorry, it's been a depressing day all around. Thinking about Epcot's future and the new Static Beige Walkway of the Future (tm) at Space Mountain just makes me feel like I've lost a dear friend. Again. For about the 20th time. :confused:

I'm scared to talk about the things I still enjoy at WDW that are still around because somewhere, someone at TWDC is just waiting to axe those too.

doctornick

I'm curious if Epcot Forever ends up being very popular and rating highly on guest surveys if they will keep it around or maybe use it on special occasions even after the new show debuts. e.g. use it during Food & Wine. Or maybe have a showing of it during when there is late Extra Magic Hours.

Even if they could do an abbreviated version an hour before the new show might be cool. I guess my point is, if it is good and people like it, then make it a point to go to Guest Services and compliment it or answer surveys if asked.

doctornick

I just hope the music for Kappa stays instrumental like RoE. I feel like at least then it won’t be a TOTAL full blown IP fest if it’s focusing on instrumental cultural music that has Disney melodies worked into it. It would at least be a bit more tolerable to me then.

This is actually a great thought. I actually think that you could make a IP show work for Epcot if they tie the properties in well to various real places around the world and balance any toons. I have little faith that will happen but I do think there's a happy medium that could be achieved.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

There bringing back the kites for Elcot Forever, they have done that before in surprise in the sky, I'm liking the idea of Epcot Forever more than I am this new version which appears to me to be to be a new Carnival Di Luminere but I will give them this... No projection mapping which I find to be real lazy. And let's face it, Epcot Forever is going to probably use allot from the anniversary tag they throw in after illuminations every 5 years.

trainplane3

More artist concepts of the permanent replacement show in 2020 here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ace-illuminations-for-a-limited-time-in-2019/
Neat. So it looks like the curved "arms" on the floats can rise and lower. I imagine that'll be for lighting/waterfall effect?
And obviously nothing to scale it with but hopefully the central barge has a large screen. One common complaint with RoE is it's "too small".
I don't care for the design though. I like the very industrial, function over form look of RoEs barges. But I know I'm a minority.

spectromagic04

Last edited:

trainplane3

Epcot Forever seems great, 2020 show looks very techy and comparable to Disney Sea's Fantasmic!, concerned about sightlines and plot/thematic execution for the show. will the show still be equally viewed around the World Show case, or will a special vantage point be in order due to the increased projections/screenz

Also I hope the 2020 show still has a "Central barge" that symbolizes what the show entails, The globe barge is so iconic and so beautiful to look at night.will really miss it.
Central barge probably?
epcot-celebration-music-aladdin.jpg

DisneyDebRob

Love Illuminations and don’t want to see it go but hopefully both these shows don’t sound bad. Guess we will wait and see. Please no more water screens. After you’ve seen one they all look the same. Let’s keep the show at EPCOT unique please.

trainplane3

I know these were posted on WDWInfo, were these part of Chapek's presentation? Do we know definitively they're part of the 2020 show?
I think someone said they showed off "clips" of it. Whether it was the "Disney presents Disney music on water" or EF, who knows. Considering they haven't popped up elsewhere, I'd say someone was ready with their camera and took them during the presentation.

orlando678-

Im pretty okay with these announcements, expected more but thats fine. The only thing im kinda meh about is the fact that every park in WDW is now receiving a show that celebrates disney music and animation, but just in a different form sooooo....idkkk

TwilightZone

A celebration of disney music is the worst name ever made.

But hey, I was right about there being literal windows in the show. I guess that's a plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom